Blue Bombers Forum
November 24, 2017, 12:42:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 111
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2016/2017 Season  (Read 110387 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« on: October 03, 2016, 03:11:32 PM »

With the new season on the doorstep, here is the new thread for Jets discussion.  The off season discussion is still available below....just not stickied.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 02:49:37 PM by ModAdmin » Logged

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 04:58:55 PM »

Thanks ModAdmin.

Kind of an odd way to open up this season's official thread (can't wait for the season to start, btw!!!!), but Mike McIntyre (who did a stand up job covering the Goldeyes) wrote a great article on the Moose:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/manitoba-moose/moose-hunting-a-lot-more-wins-395580221.html#cxrecs_s

I was critical of Vincent becoming HC, because I thought his special teams sucked and I like McCambridge, but I love his attitude in this article "I hope they come to our team and they're not happy." That's awesome compete! I'm now thinking it will be advantageous to have someone who knows the Jets system and the PauMau philosophy so intimately with the Moose. Great for building and developing.

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
theaardvark

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 06:46:35 PM »

Ken Wiebe ‏@WiebeSunSports
#NHLJets HC Paul Maurice said D Logan Stanley, the 18th overall pick in 2016 NHL Draft, will be a game-time decision tonight

Want to see a Stanley / Myers D pairing....  that would be scary,,,

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_gold_84

"There's always next year."

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 06:59:30 PM »

I think Morrissey's a lock to make the big club. Looking forward to see Stanley tonight, too.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
TrueBlue75

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 09:02:10 PM »

I think Morrissey's a lock to make the big club. Looking forward to see Stanley tonight, too.

I think he makes it too. Strait hasn't been impressive and Postma just doesn't seem to have the it factor.

I've picked Tanev as my dark horse for the forwards. I think either Stafford or Thorburn could be odd man out if the young ones continue to push. Both have a strong veteran presence in the locker room so I think one sticks for sure. Copp, on the bubble.
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 11:28:27 PM »

I think he makes it too. Strait hasn't been impressive and Postma just doesn't seem to have the it factor.

I've picked Tanev as my dark horse for the forwards. I think either Stafford or Thorburn could be odd man out if the young ones continue to push. Both have a strong veteran presence in the locker room so I think one sticks for sure. Copp, on the bubble.

Copp will make the big team for sure....  the guy is money for faceoffs....  its something we need.

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 01:51:03 AM »

Good game again tonight from the kids that played.

We are a fast team.

Ehlers, Scheif , Wheels are really good.

The next few games are going to start showing what are lines might look like.

Throw out what your lines might look like.

Wheeler, Scheif, Ehlers

Liane , Copp , Armia

Conner, Little, MP

Throrburn/Tanav , Petan, Staff/Dano

I wont put out anything on D ... Because I really have no idea other then Morressy makes the team.

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
Old Rusty

Let's Party

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 10:52:05 AM »

New_Earth_Mud ->  pretty good game, I agree! 

Ehlers played short bursts of genius hockey.

Conner has speed, speed, speed to burn and has really impressed... the puck finds him.  This kid** can score like _____.

Sadly, Strait seems to have had a brutal game.  Not crazy about this player.   However I like Morrissey!!  I think he'd play his off-side without blinking.

I also like Copp and Dano - the latter has great defensive smarts, giving Lowry a run for his money I think.

(**anyone younger than 55 yrs)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 01:02:39 AM by Old Rusty » Logged

"Fear profits a man nothing." - Herger the Joyous

"Suck it up, buttercup." - Anonymous swim coach in Winnipeg
BomberPride

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 11:55:29 AM »

This is the first pre-season game I've been able to watch, so can't add too much commentary. Jets are giving us a lot to be excited for this year.

- Really looking forward to the speed of Shiefs, Wheels, and Ehlers line in the future.

- Connor: pure goal scorer mentality with the patience in that top shelf goal.

- I'm in awe of Buff's strength every time and his ability to stiff arm the opposition when he's protecting the puck.

- Hoping Hutchinson has a bounce back year.

What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?
blue_gold_84

"There's always next year."

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2016, 12:43:16 PM »

Fun game last night. Connor's goal was absolutely filthy.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
The Zipp

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2016, 01:27:38 PM »

Straight to the Moose for Strait....

I think Little will be second line centre to start the season and maybe that will change a bit into the season...Hard to tell what the coaches see and how they what to work the younger guys into the lineup..
theaardvark

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2016, 02:49:56 PM »

This Jets team is going to be Young.  Fast.  Skilled.

Amazing how many of our top draft picks are working out better than their draft order. 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
The Zipp

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2016, 04:17:37 PM »

Sara Orlesky ‏@saraorlesky  2m2 minutes ago
The #NHLJets assign
Comrie, Czuczman,Howden, Kichton, Kosmachuk,Kostalek,Lipon & Roslovic to the MB Moose.
theaardvark

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2016, 06:39:29 PM »

Howden, Kichton and Lipon need to clear waivers... might lose Lipon...

Jockitch

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2016, 03:53:10 AM »

Team is down to 21 forwards, 9 Dmen & 3 goalies.  NHL teams register a Playing Roster of 23 players at seasons commencement & can never exceed that number
Game time rosters are to be 20 players.    The IR players are not included in the 23 Playing Roster maximum
Let's start the guessing: against the popular vote & my real wish, I sadly do expect that HellB to be sent to the Moose & Pav & Hutch in between the pipes.
....... has a lot to do with the need to expose 1 goalie to the Vegas draft. Supposedly Pav is not included due to becoming an UFA ....... cue in Hutch to be exposed

Forwards I believe will total 14 ..... therefore  Ehlers, Scheif, Wheeler ..... Laine (though I do not believe he is up to speed yet), Little & Armia -- great potential line
..... Connor (nice surprise how good he is showing), Perrault, Stafford (if healthy) ...... with the last line being a real mix of possibilities.
If healthy, Mathias should be included with Lowry & Copp ....... while Burmi, Thorb, Dano & Petan duque it out for the last 2 forward positions.

My Dmen guess will total 7, with Byfug, Enstrom, Myers, Morrissey, Chiarot & Postma the 1st game starters with Stuart likely #7 & Melchi & Strait sent to the Moose.

Was cheering for Howden to stick longer & still wanting Tanev to be a part of the Jet's season.    Yup, Lipon may get picked

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP BOUND

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "17"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 111
  Print  

Jump to: