Blue Bombers Forum
August 23, 2019, 04:47:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: World Cup Hockey  (Read 22616 times)
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2016, 07:57:10 PM »

I believe he meant that the Juniors would run every single year as it does, but that for some reason every 4th year the Juniors would be the Olympics...

Well, my statement stands despite the misinterpretation. Wink

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Colton

« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2016, 08:48:02 PM »

Well, my statement stands despite the misinterpretation. Wink

That it does
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2016, 02:00:58 AM »

Olympics should be 100% for amateurs, as it was meant to be.  Wanna make millions?  You just sold your chance to play for your country. 

Six teams of millionaires playing for their "countries" even though most will live in the US or Canada now, and some US and Canadian kids playing for NA and other guys left out playing for "the rest of the world".  And people wonder why there are empty seats and no viewership? 

Hey, why not make it more even, make the Canada team Manitoba/West and Ontario/east.  I'm not sure that we couldn't form a team from the guys that didn't make team Canada that wouldn't be playing for silver now...

Would the red army team make a big comeback?  Who cares.  Its the Olympics. 

Its like Olympic Basketball.  Once they let the pros in, it a race for Silver, or maybe a Cinderella story.  Hockey, same thing.  A little closer, but still half a dozen teams competing for the medals, with Can and the US the fav for gold. 

World Cup, Spengler Cup, Hlinka, blah blah blah...   the Stanley Cup is the trophy.  Anything else, second rate. 

Holy crap man.    This is all jus..... as you say blah blah blah

Its pretty clear you don't understand.

Just because the USA crapped the bed n through it away don't in any way say this means nothing to these guys.

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
bomber4life85

« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2016, 01:41:04 AM »

Tis a good idea IMO.

Gives guys from other Country's and guys that cant make Canada or the USA a place to play and compete.

The idea of it is ok. But don't call it World Cup. It's not. Does Italy and Germany etc split up their teams of young stars? Or FIFA mess with teams like that? No and they never will. This tourney should of been called something else like hockey challenge cup or world hockey challenge or whatever.
Old Rusty

Illegitimi non carborundum

« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2016, 01:48:14 AM »

Canada takes it 2-1.  I wish the Jets had a line with Toews and Marchand.

Its not fair, really.  It should be the entire WORLD vs CANADA.  Shocked Grin Wink

As you ramble on through life, Brother,
Whatever be your goal,
Keep your eye upon the doughnut,
And not upon the hole.
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2016, 02:10:40 AM »

The idea of it is ok. But don't call it World Cup. It's not. Does Italy and Germany etc split up their teams of young stars? Or FIFA mess with teams like that? No and they never will. This tourney should of been called something else like hockey challenge cup or world hockey challenge or whatever.

LOL

Canada could make 2 teams and finish 1-2

Would you rather watch us play Germany or a Euro team made up of the best from countrys that may not be able to feed a roster to compete with the best?

It was a fun tourney to watch .

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
theaardvark

« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2016, 04:37:20 AM »

LOL

Canada could make 2 teams and finish 1-2

Would you rather watch us play Germany or a Euro team made up of the best from countrys that may not be able to feed a roster to compete with the best?

It was a fun tourney to watch .

And yet, even with Canada front and centre, it didn't draw flies...

I hope game 3 of the finals is entertaining...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
BomberPride

« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2016, 11:19:12 AM »

Canada swept the series so there is no game 3. Also, ACC seemed pretty packed so the draw is definitely there.

How about that beauty of a pass to Marchand from our boy Toews for the game winner?

What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2016, 12:03:18 PM »

Canada swept the series so there is no game 3. Also, ACC seemed pretty packed so the draw is definitely there.

How about that beauty of a pass to Marchand from our boy Toews for the game winner?
that was the play of the tournament! They seem to love Toews at the ACC he always got a loud, As much as Crosby, roar whenever introduced.

The game was utterly boring though. Only time I found myself FF through parts of a team Canada final.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2016, 12:19:23 PM »

A mostly boring game until the final five or so minutes and Team Canada looked mostly flat and slow until getting their first goal. Toews' feed to Marchand on the GWG was just beautiful.

Not sure what games you've been watching but attendance has been solid and even then, tickets were sold out. The World Cup of Hockey was meant to be a revenue stream and with estimates exceeding well over $100M, that's exactly what it's done.

And the final was a best of three. Canada won two, so it's over.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2016, 12:26:49 PM »

I watched 10 minutes of the tournament, glad Canada won...just not into hockey yet...terrible looking trophy though - looks like a vase from IKEA.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2016, 12:39:27 PM »

I watched 10 minutes of the tournament, glad Canada won...just not into hockey yet...terrible looking trophy though - looks like a vase from IKEA.

LOL Cheesy

Yeah, it's almost as ugly as the Lombardi Trophy. But at least you can still drink beer or champagne out of it.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Realist

« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2016, 12:55:05 PM »

THAT'S where I've seen it! They just took the lampshade portion off the top...
Old Rusty

Illegitimi non carborundum

« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2016, 02:52:46 PM »

LOL Cheesy

Yeah, it's almost as ugly as the Lombardi Trophy. But at least you can still drink beer or champagne out of it.

Oh, so that's what those vases at IKEA are for.  Cool Grin

As you ramble on through life, Brother,
Whatever be your goal,
Keep your eye upon the doughnut,
And not upon the hole.
theaardvark

« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2016, 08:38:19 PM »

Team Sweden, on seeing the trophy.  "Hey, my mother won that trophy already..."

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: