Blue Bombers Forum
June 16, 2019, 06:40:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: US Soccer suspends Solo for 6 months.  (Read 2397 times)
BomberPride

« on: August 25, 2016, 12:02:38 PM »

She had it comin'...

Following the "cowards" remark against Sweden, US Soccer has suspended Solo for 6 months.

http://www.tsn.ca/solo-banned-six-months-by-usa-soccer-1.554819

What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?
Old Rusty

Illegitimi non carborundum

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 12:34:59 PM »

Good for USA soccer.  Just as embarrassing to the US Olympic team as Lochte, in my eyes.

She's none too contrite about it:

"I could not be the player I am without being the person I am, even when I haven't made the best choices or said the right things. My entire career, I have only wanted the best for this team, for the players and the women's game and I will continue to pursue these causes with the same unrelenting passion with which I play the game."

++++++

Blah, blah, blah.  Best choices?  She's advocating behaving like an idiot.  Her commentary is drooling with self-absorbed arrogance.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 12:39:51 PM by Old Rusty » Logged

"Lets see if we can hit thirty" - Ming the Merciless (aka. my neighbour) while enjoying one of my beers.

"Suffering Mother of Moses." - Anonymous fan watching 3rd quarter of 2018 Western conference final
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 12:36:10 PM »

and it isn't the first time she has had "issues"....sore loser....
BomberPride

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 11:56:20 AM »

apparently US Soccer has terminated her contract as well.

bomber4life85

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 01:48:30 AM »

Yea enough is enough. That girl doesn't know how to keep her mouth closed. She should go to the octagon lol
hammerbutt

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 05:29:24 PM »

Its hard to say if US soccer is serious or not since there were no important matches coming up in the next 6 months. I guess we'll see what happens if they can't find a replacement who is as good as Solo
BomberPride

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 11:29:05 AM »

Its hard to say if US soccer is serious or not since there were no important matches coming up in the next 6 months. I guess we'll see what happens if they can't find a replacement who is as good as Solo

Apparently she won't be eligible for selection until February. She also took indefinite leave from her NWSL Seattle Reign (then leaving the team all together 3 days later) before their match against the Portland Thorns (Christine Sinclair's team).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: