Blue Bombers Forum
September 23, 2017, 08:16:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Jets 2016 Offseason Discussion  (Read 52123 times)
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« on: April 10, 2016, 04:29:32 PM »

Well, I certainly think the 2016 Jets offseason will be far more interesting than the preceding regular season campaign. In the standings, they were very unsuccessful, but I think a good argument can be made for the success developing key players that will be a big part of our future.

I'm pretty excited to speculate and discuss moves and what the roster will look like in October.

Who needs to go? What will the goaltending look like? Who will make the jump from junior/Moose to the big club?

Mods, can you pin this?  Smiley

Cheers.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 03:11:51 PM by ModAdmin » Logged

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
Jockitch

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 05:25:38 PM »

Glad to see this chatter is starting now ........ some thoughts will be fresh & the opinions subject to many factors & decisions in the near future.
Do we get a top 3 Draft pick or further back, if the odds remain true, in the selections process ......... April 30th is close approaching.

On "D" we ended with Myers & Enstrom watching while Chiar, for a great part of the season, Post & Melch for part of ..... gained experience.
Anxious to see if Morrissey is a threat next year to either 3 or Enstrom.  Would like to see Hamonic in a Jet uni but is Chevy interested in making that happen.  Stuart, somewhat valuable, I hope is in the press box most of the year.  Up & comer Poolman & Kichton are probably with the Moose.

Forwards can sure get better with Little & Perrault in the lineup.  Is Thorb finished ?  Can Tanev, Armia & Petan stick & contribute ?
Early line predictions: ESW is #1, Little centers Petan & Stafford (or Armia), Copp centers Perreault & Armia, Lowry is with Tanev & Kosmachuk.
Personally want to see Burmi traded & Thorb as the extra forward & Dano preferably with the Moose.  Hope Conner stays at Univ., another year.

Goalies .......... Chevy has a real challenge with Helle pressing Pav & Hutch ....... something is going to happen

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP BOUND

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "17"
theaardvark

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 02:36:57 AM »

Can we move a D to move up in the draft?   If we don't draw a top 5 pick, can we move up?  Edm won't be needing a F, they can grab Chychrun later...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 11:36:33 AM »

Goalies .......... Chevy has a real challenge with Helle pressing Pav & Hutch ....... something is going to happen

IMO Hutch is gone this offseason either in a trade for a 4th/5th rounder or outright (more likely).

I see Pav as the starter and Helle backing up to start the year, with Helle getting a substantial number of starts, especially if he gets hot. If that happens or Pav gets injured again, I think that's when he is officially christened starter. In that case Pav will remain an (expensive) back-up, and they might try to trade him depending on what they can get for him (i.e. who else has injury issues and needs a proven starter) as well as our playoff hopes. If we are locks, it might be more prudent to keep Pav all year in case of injury or if Helle's wheels fall off because it turns out he can't carry the team a whole season and into the playoffs by himself. That gives us options.

Comrie will be #1 with the Moose and could be the backup with the big club by 2017.

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 12:42:38 PM »

Can we move a D to move up in the draft?   If we don't draw a top 5 pick, can we move up?  Edm won't be needing a F, they can grab Chychrun later...

Nope....  That will never happen.

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
blue_gold_84

Go BlueGolds!

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 01:08:36 PM »

You can't be serious. No way any team even entertains such an idea.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

You can't fix stupid.
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 01:55:56 PM »

IMO Hutch is gone this offseason either in a trade for a 4th/5th rounder or outright (more likely).

I see Pav as the starter and Helle backing up to start the year, with Helle getting a substantial number of starts, especially if he gets hot. If that happens or Pav gets injured again, I think that's when he is officially christened starter. In that case Pav will remain an (expensive) back-up, and they might try to trade him depending on what they can get for him (i.e. who else has injury issues and needs a proven starter) as well as our playoff hopes. If we are locks, it might be more prudent to keep Pav all year in case of injury or if Helle's wheels fall off because it turns out he can't carry the team a whole season and into the playoffs by himself. That gives us options.

Comrie will be #1 with the Moose and could be the backup with the big club by 2017.

I would doubt we keep Pav. Hes not the future and we have seen what we will get from him. Im not bashing Pav i just dont see any reason to keep him.

blue_gold_84

Go BlueGolds!

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 02:01:49 PM »

I would doubt we keep Pav. Hes not the future and we have seen what we will get from him. Im not bashing Pav i just dont see any reason to keep him.

So, what happens to him? No team is going to take him off the Jets' hands with his upcoming cap hit.

The likely scenario is the Jets go into training camp with he and Hellebuyck battling for the #1 spot.

You can't fix stupid.
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2016, 02:35:18 PM »

So, what happens to him? No team is going to take him off the Jets' hands with his upcoming cap hit.

The likely scenario is the Jets go into training camp with he and Hellebuyck battling for the #1 spot.

Pav will get moved. My guess he will be packaged up with a player and a pic.

blue_gold_84

Go BlueGolds!

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2016, 02:42:50 PM »

Pav will get moved. My guess he will be packaged up with a player and a pic.

What team out there would be willing to take that cap hit? You seem to ignore that crucial point.

You can't fix stupid.
theaardvark

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2016, 02:55:38 PM »

The offseason starts earlt... Kyle Connor is a Jet...

Kyle Connor Verified account ‏@KyleConnor18
Excited to sign my first NHL contract. Looking forward to the next chapter of my hockey career #WinnipegJets

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_gold_84

Go BlueGolds!

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2016, 02:59:22 PM »

The offseason starts earlt... Kyle Connor is a Jet...

Kyle Connor Verified account ‏@KyleConnor18
Excited to sign my first NHL contract. Looking forward to the next chapter of my hockey career #WinnipegJets

Love it! Grin

You can't fix stupid.
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 03:00:46 PM »

What team out there would be willing to take that cap hit? You seem to ignore that crucial point.

Not ignoring it ... I dont know what team will but it will happen.

He will get packaged with a guy like Postma and a pic...3rd.... and we will get 2 back like a late 2nd and a late 3rd.

Pav is doing nothing but plugging up a spot. This will be a deal we will loose at a bit but sometimes you have to take that hit. We have a ton of pics and prospects we can afford it.

I cant see us getting alot back for Hutch so i dont see moving him so you move the guy thats not in your plans and that would be Pav.

theaardvark

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2016, 03:34:13 PM »

If we end up with Pav/Buck as a tandem, the cap hit is normal.  Whether we start one or the other matters not.  It will be a good opportunity to let Buckbuck compete/win the starting spot, while Comrie continues in the A.  Hutch is an RFA that we got for nothing, and probably has little value to anyone else.  If we can sign him to a 2 way deal and have him in the A backing up Comrie and ready to step in in case of injury for the big club, great. 

theaardvark

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2016, 03:35:45 PM »

And its official...

Winnipeg Jets ‏@NHLJets
The #NHLJets have signed @KyleConnor18 to a three-year, entry level contract. >> http://wpgjets.co/1MpKwkw

Sara Orlesky ‏@saraorlesky
#NHLJets announce it is a 3 yr, two-way deal for Kyle Connor, worth an avg of $1.775 million.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49
  Print  

Jump to: