Is there a better show on TV...

Started by The Zipp, December 01, 2015, 04:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scratch Pad

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on April 06, 2020, 09:21:06 PM
1.5 episodes into leaky blinders. I find it difficult to understand a lot of the dialogue with that English cockney. Meh it is ok so far. Nothing earth shattering.

Speaking of English shows... I tried watching Bulletproof but only managed to get halfway through the first episode. It looks like a good show but when you can't understand what they're saying half the time it really takes away from it. It's like watching a movie with subtitles when they people are talking a lot, your constantly reading the subtitles and miss what's actually happening on the show/movie.

BlueInCgy

Since I'm trying to get to the end of Netflix.....

Watched Marcella.  First two seasons really good.  Third season was pretty terrible.

Got around to watching Waco.  That was really well done, maddening, and terrifying all at the same time.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: BlueInCgy on June 15, 2020, 09:06:31 PM
Since I'm trying to get to the end of Netflix.....

Watched Marcella.  First two seasons really good.  Third season was pretty terrible.

Got around to watching Waco.  That was really well done, maddening, and terrifying all at the same time.
waco is very well acted and done! Sad story but extremely good show.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on January 11, 2020, 06:36:18 PM

I dont see this     i dont see this.

ugh    dude

So we binged watched Vikings from the start - awesome seasons 1 - 4 then it started to really sink for us and sink fast towards mid 5 and season 6 is just filling time.  Time to bring it to a conclusion and highlight the great series that it was for most of the run.

For a network show - Good Girls is one I would recommend.

blue_or_die

So I'm kind of a nerd and watch factual/educational type stuff on Youtube, and one of the ads was for a stream platform specifically for documentaries called CuriosityStream https://curiositystream.com/

Has anyone else every heard of this? It's NetFlix for documentaries only, which for me personally is right up my alley. Dirt cheap, too at $3 a month or $20 for a year. The Youtube video where I saw the ad gave their channel's promo for a month free, so I signed up today. Just had a look through the titles and given my specific taste, I would be happy to cancel Netflix and just watch this for my fixes.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. If anyone wants to get it and get a free month, the promo code was "knowledgia".
#Ride?

gobombersgo

So..... anyone still watching TV?

What shows are you binging or counting down the days until the next episode is available?

For me I recently binged Ozark and it did not disappoint.

My favorite show right is probably 1883. I have enjoyed Yellowstone but this prequel is even better.

BlueInCgy

Reacher was really good, and a fairly accurate representation of the base character.

theaardvark

Quote from: BlueInCgy on February 14, 2022, 01:19:09 AM
Reacher was really good, and a fairly accurate representation of the base character.

Was unsure, watched episode one with the wife, before you know it, we're wondering when season two is coming... because we had binged them all...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

The Zipp

Quote from: BlueInCgy on February 14, 2022, 01:19:09 AM

I agree, big fan of the books - didn't like the Tom Cruise casting at all...while the acting seemed a bit stiff in the series this dude was very close to the "picture" in my mind as I read the books.

Jesse

Quote from: gobombersgo on February 13, 2022, 09:07:34 AM
So..... anyone still watching TV?

What shows are you binging or counting down the days until the next episode is available?

For me I recently binged Ozark and it did not disappoint.

My favorite show right is probably 1883. I have enjoyed Yellowstone but this prequel is even better.

I just finished Ozark (amazing) and am watching old episodes of Hell's Kitchen on the Discovery+ straming service.
My wife is amazing!

blue_or_die

#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Part 2 set to release on April 29th on Netflix. Pretty stoked to see how it ends.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 23, 2022, 08:02:07 PM
Part 2 set to release on April 29th on Netflix. Pretty stoked to see how it ends.

I actually watched the last episode of Ozark without realizing they had split it into two parts.

So I only found out the following day when I went to watch the next episode and found out it didn't exist.

Incredibly upsetting.
My wife is amazing!

The Zipp

One episode into Vikings Valhalla - pretty good, lots of references to the past characters (this one is 100 years into the future).

gobombersgo

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on December 01, 2015, 10:31:00 PM
Season 1 of Better Call Saul was amazing as well. Season 2 should be as good if not better than Fargo.

Well Goldie, the last episode of BCS is tonight. Will you be shedding a tear?