Is there a better show on TV...

Started by The Zipp, December 01, 2015, 04:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

Quote from: blue_or_die on December 31, 2019, 03:55:41 AM
I've got you beat bud. I have probably watched The Office in its entirety over a dozen times top to bottom. Even own the box set of the first 6 seasons in the days before Netflix. Watched most of season 2 today while trying to care for my sick baby.

Anyway, I share your reservations about the actors portraying any other character  ;D

No doubt - I have only watched it all the way through about 2 times but select episodes I have seen many times over.  Like most shows it takes a small dip after Micheal Scott leaves and the Robert California dude rolls in...still funny but just not the same. 

Some just great characters though and will be a favorite for a long time.  Parks and Rec is a close second to the office.

Hope your little one is doing better...

Jesse

One episode into The Witcher. Thoroughly enjoyed it, but not sure how the timelines are related yet... hoping it makes more sense soon.

Watched first season of Jack Ryan a while ago - really enjoyed it - but haven't had an easy time getting into season two.
My wife is amazing!

The Zipp

Quote from: Jesse on December 31, 2019, 08:34:52 PM
One episode into The Witcher. Thoroughly enjoyed it, but not sure how the timelines are related yet... hoping it makes more sense soon.

Watched first season of Jack Ryan a while ago - really enjoyed it - but haven't had an easy time getting into season two.

Stay with it....I almost bailed after episode 2 cause I didn't know what was going on.  Gets clearer after episode 4..

New_Earth_Mud

#35.... The Godfather of Swag

The Zipp

"You" season 2 is picking up where season 1 left off....2 episodes in and liking it...

TrueBlue75

Quote from: The Zipp on January 01, 2020, 04:48:47 AM
"You" season 2 is picking up where season 1 left off....2 episodes in and liking it...

Season 2 is great, with an interesting twist at the end.

New_Earth_Mud

Vikings is on again tonight.

Cozy up with leftovers n watch a bunch of wickedness.    Lol   
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

Jesse

Quote from: The Zipp on January 01, 2020, 04:48:47 AM

Me and the wife binged that in lie two days. Great follow up season.
My wife is amazing!

The Zipp

Quote from: Jesse on January 02, 2020, 04:48:14 AM
Me and the wife binged that in lie two days. Great follow up season.

Loved the reference to Dexter in one of the episodes...

blue_or_die

"You" season 2 was my show this holiday season. Definitely was entertained.
#Ride?

Pigskin

Vikings was very uneventful this week.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

gobombersgo

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on January 01, 2020, 01:28:02 AM
Peaky blinders
I second that one.

I'm currently binging Succession. What a great show.

Some good shows that will be coming back this spring that I'm looking forward to; Barry, Fargo, Better Call Saul, Billions. The new season of Ozark should be out by summer time.

Forgot one; the last episodes of BoJack Horseman become available Jan 31st.

BlueInCgy

Killed off a few half series on the PVR over the holidays

All Rise - Actually not half bad.  Not big on courtroom dramas, and figured it was going to be a dog given that most of the cast falls under the "Actors you typically see on shows that don't get picked up for a second season", but it managed to enterain.

Prodigal Son - Liked it more than I expected.  It's a bit out there, and it feels like a Criminal Minds meets Hannibal kind of thing, but it works.

Goliath Season 3 - Really good show, and it's interesting how they tied the storylines of the two previous seasons back into it even though the stories themselves are divergent.  Just wish they'd cut back the "Billy Bob hallucinating" thing back by like 50%.

blue_or_die

I'm 4-5 episodes into Messiah on Netflix and am loving it. I have no idea where they are going with it but the undertones from all sides are just screaming at you the whole time.
#Ride?

Pigskin

Well I guess Lagertha is in Valhalla. Sad it had to end that way.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.