Is there a better show on TV...

Started by The Zipp, December 01, 2015, 04:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueBlue75

What an up and down episode! I went from, "they got this" to "oh crap", to "okay they can turn this around" to "they're doomed" over and over. What an ending too! It all sets up for an interesting final 3 episodes. Do they go for Cersei right away or will there be some inner fighting before that happens (Jon and Danearys?)  Bring on next week!

theaardvark

Can't see Jon and Daneris fighting, they will come to a quick decision whether Jon's claim is verifiable (too bad there is no "23 and me" or Jerry Springer), or Mother of Dragons deserves to rule based on what she has done to date... and they are only cousins, no reason there can't be a Joneris...

With the ships at her disposal, Cersi might bring the fight north.  If she does, I can see a dragon / blackwater bay annihilation of her and her troops.  So, logically, she should let them bring the battle to her.  But since when is she logical.  So that's up in the air.

They had dragon ice to kill the dead, what do they have to take Cersei on with?  Dragons, of course, but does she have anything else up her sleeve?  Will Bron actually earn his pay and kill Jamie and Tyrion?  Or will he just take the money and retire to an island of whores and wine? 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Well Jon kills Daeneys. Arya is going to travel the world. Bran is the King of the 6 Kingdoms. Sansa is the Queen in the North, and will stay at Winterfell. Jon will live with the free folk for rest of his life. Little bit of a weak ending.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

BlueInCgy

Quote from: theaardvark on April 29, 2019, 04:02:22 PM
... and they are only cousins, no reason there can't be a Joneris...

So Jon and Danny were Rider fans then?

GCn19

In 1983 or 84 one movie sent me on a self journey into the world of Karate that has continued ever since. The wisdom of Miyagi made the Karate Kid the best movie of the 80's imo. I currently am in love with the series Cobra Kai. It is an extremely well written series based on the life paths of Johnny Lawrence and Daniel Larusso. If you were a fan of the Karate Kid in the 80's and haven't seen this Youtube Original series yet, hurry up!! The first two seasons are excellent.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.

Pigskin

The Game of Thrones "The Watch" was pretty good. A look at the making of Game of Thrones..
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on May 20, 2019, 09:32:36 PM
Well Jon kills Daeneys. Arya is going to travel the world. Bran is the King of the 6 Kingdoms. Sansa is the Queen in the North, and will stay at Winterfell. Jon will live with the free folk for rest of his life. Little bit of a weak ending.

I actually don't mind where everyone ended up (sending Jon to the Night Watch was stupid, but he ended up with the free folk), but the path to get there was weak and rushed.
My wife is amazing!

New_Earth_Mud

Im ging to check ut    fear the walkng dead
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

The Zipp

BBUS draft is done....looking forward to a summer of trash reality tv.  So fun!!

The Zipp

Quote from: The Zipp on June 26, 2019, 01:45:00 AM
BBUS draft is done....looking forward to a summer of trash reality tv.  So fun!!

easily the worst season of Big Brother US...just a complete joke of casting

The Zipp

So the Breaking Bad movie comes to Netflix October 11....very excited for this but hope they don't manage to somehow ruin what was arguably the  best tv drama ever shown on TV....Jesse looks a bit bigger in the movie previews

BlueInCgy

Quote from: The Zipp on September 24, 2019, 06:33:56 PM
So the Breaking Bad movie comes to Netflix October 11....very excited for this but hope they don't manage to somehow ruin what was arguably the  best tv drama ever shown on TV....Jesse looks a bit bigger in the movie previews

The way I read the trailer, this is "A Breaking Bad Movie", not "The Breaking Bad Movie", which implies there could be others.  Which would be awesome.

blue_or_die

Agreed, very excited about El Camino. So much so that I rewatched seasons 4 & 5 of BrBa.
#Ride?

iso_55

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on January 21, 2019, 08:45:19 PM
People with no taste...? I caught a bit of Magnum PI after the AFC Championship... What a godawful show.

Well, according to your taste. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others don't & they obviously do. I'm no fan of Magnum PI either. I watched the very first episode in Sept 2018 & never watched it again. It's nothing like the 80's original series with Tom Selleck. Obviously there's a huge audience for the show. I think it averages 5 to 6 million viewers an episode in the US.

blue_or_die

#Ride?