Is there a better show on TV...

Started by The Zipp, December 01, 2015, 04:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on January 19, 2019, 10:30:37 PM
I watched it and quite enjoyed it. It reminded me a bit of Dexter.

It is similar, isn?t it?
My wife is amazing!

The Zipp

Quote from: Jesse on January 20, 2019, 09:27:00 PM
It is similar, isn?t it?

If that is the case I will check it out...the preview didn't really sell me on it. 

Jesse

Quote from: The Zipp on January 20, 2019, 09:29:56 PM
If that is the case I will check it out...the preview didn't really sell me on it. 

I did not want to watch it at all after seeing the preview. It came off as a Riverdale or Pretty Little Liars kind of thing (which my wife constantly watches).

It took other people to make me try it out and I really enjoyed it.
My wife is amazing!

The Zipp

Quote from: Jesse on January 21, 2019, 04:52:04 PM
I did not want to watch it at all after seeing the preview. It came off as a Riverdale or Pretty Little Liars kind of thing (which my wife constantly watches).

It took other people to make me try it out and I really enjoyed it.

I watched the first 2 last night after football - it does look like it will be OK...and I had the same thoughts as you - another PLL type...some in our house (the girls) do watch those ones and I have walked into the room while on and it's a big "no thanks" from me...Honestly Riverdale just looks like trash to me.

After being bombarded with ads for Magnum PI, the Good Doctor and The Rookie all day Sunday - I just don't see the attraction to those shows - who watches them??

blue_or_die

Quote from: The Zipp on January 21, 2019, 05:04:12 PM
I watched the first 2 last night after football - it does look like it will be OK...and I had the same thoughts as you - another PLL type...some in our house (the girls) do watch those ones and I have walked into the room while on and it's a big "no thanks" from me...Honestly Riverdale just looks like trash to me.

After being bombarded with ads for Magnum PI, the Good Doctor and The Rookie all day Sunday - I just don't see the attraction to those shows - who watches them??

Yeah, I honestly cannot stand anything on cable anymore now that Netflix actually makes good original shows.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

People with no taste...? I caught a bit of Magnum PI after the AFC Championship... What a godawful show.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gobombersgo

Quote from: superfan on January 18, 2019, 11:27:46 PM
there is a townhouse type complex at 1401 wolever.  Corner of wolever and Denson pl.  I delivered a few hundred pizzas there in highschool. The postal code is accurate to the area where that address is.

Anyway, I really liked
Silicon Valley
Ozark
Billions
Travelers
Kidding
Baskets
Better call Saul

I'll have to check some of these other shows you people have mentioned. Never heard of some of them

I've watched the ones in bold and may get to Baskets eventually.

Some shows that I've enjoyed and haven't seen listed yet are;

Crashing (with Peter Holmes) - HBO
Barry - HBO
Escape at Dannemora - Crave
Bad Blood - Season 1 on Neflix, Season 2 on City
True Detective - Season 3 started last week - HBO
Santa Clarita Diet - Netlix

blue_gold_84

Just powered through the first few episodes of Project Blue Book on History. It's pretty much X-Files set in the 50s as the Cold War ramps up. Excellent series.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Norlorne Dr.

I watch the Rookie every week, love it.  Canadian actor Nathan Fillion is great in that show.

New_Earth_Mud

The walking dead has been awesome this season
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

The Zipp

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on March 31, 2019, 05:02:33 PM
The walking dead has been awesome this season

You are a patient man NEM...gave up part way through last season..or maybe it was the season before...hopefully it finishes strong.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: The Zipp on March 31, 2019, 05:44:11 PM
You are a patient man NEM...gave up part way through last season..or maybe it was the season before...hopefully it finishes strong.

Lol    last season was pretty boring .... but this season made up for it forsure.

TrueBlue75

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on March 31, 2019, 05:51:05 PM

Lol    last season was pretty boring .... but this season made up for it forsure.

I didn?t think there would ever be another character as brutal as Neegan, but Alpha is even more brutal. I was not expecting that ending last week! Wow.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on March 31, 2019, 09:43:23 PM
I didn?t think there would ever be another character as brutal as Neegan, but Alpha is even more brutal. I was not expecting that ending last week! Wow.

No kidding   Lol

Ya i wasent expecting that..... Cant wait for tonight.

blue_gold_84

Last weekend's episode was nuts. That ending blew me away.

Anyone catch the season 2 opener of Knightfall? I enjoyed it.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.