Is there a better show on TV...

Started by The Zipp, December 01, 2015, 04:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on January 01, 2018, 01:11:28 AM
I really enjoy Black Mirror. Just binged on season 4 and it was my favourite so far. Lots of weirdness but definitely thought-provoking. Where does one find The Americans? I?ve looked on netflix but it?s not there.

Black mirror is definitely a weird/great show  - some of the episodes from past seasons had me turning the lights on and sitting there after thinking "what did I just watch?"

What are the best episodes of this new season?

I don't know if Americans is streaming anywhere - I think I obtained through "alternative" methods...I will see if I still have them - I doubt it though. 

TrueBlue75

Quote from: The Zipp on January 01, 2018, 03:33:21 PM
Black mirror is definitely a weird/great show  - some of the episodes from past seasons had me turning the lights on and sitting there after thinking "what did I just watch?"

What are the best episodes of this new season?

I don't know if Americans is streaming anywhere - I think I obtained through "alternative" methods...I will see if I still have them - I doubt it though. 

I found them all good. I?d watch one and think, woah, that?s messed up and then watch the next one thinking the same thing. The finale, if one looks closely, has some visual throwbacks to other episodes and seasons. The show definitely keeps you engaged thinking what other twists and turns could there be? I love shows like that.

I think I have to order Fx channel to watch The Americans...could probably watch past seasons through on demand then. For now I?ll find something else.

blue_or_die

Funny you're talking about Black Mirror- I just watched my first episode 5 minutes ago! Now THAT was an experience!
#Ride?

TrueBlue75

Quote from: blue_or_die on January 01, 2018, 08:23:22 PM
Funny you're talking about Black Mirror- I just watched my first episode 5 minutes ago! Now THAT was an experience!

When I started watching season 1, I stopped for a bit as it was too weird. I tried it again in summer and blitzed seasons 1-3. I guess I was more prepared for it the second time around :D

BlueInCgy

Currently watching Riverdale.  Wasn't sold on it in the first episode, but once you get past that one, it grows on you pretty quick.  It's interesting how much liberty they take with the characters (it's only true link to the comic book is the fact the characters exist, IIRC Miss Grundy was originally a cranky old septuagenarian, not an early 20s hottie who sleeps with her students, but I can accept that departure). 

GCn19

A show I ignored for years turned out to be one that I marathoned through. Great acting, good storylines, and just the right amount of violence and mayhem. Hell on Wheels...I highly recommend. Chris Heyerdahl as the Swede was fantastic. A western loosely based on historical figures in the Wild West.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GCn17 on January 10, 2018, 02:58:16 AM
A show I ignored for years turned out to be one that I marathoned through. Great acting, good storylines, and just the right amount of violence and mayhem. Hell on Wheels...I highly recommend. Chris Heyerdahl as the Swede was fantastic. A western loosely based on historical figures in the Wild West.

And incredible series. I'm still sad it had to end.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gobombersgo

Quote from: blue_or_die on December 14, 2017, 06:57:26 PM
Anyone checked out Frontier? Man oh man do I love that show. If you're at all interested in Canadian history, it'll be right up your alley.

Thanks for the recommendation. I've watched the first season so far and wasn't disappointed. However, it had me question whether I should shop at the Bay or not. Lol

Some other shows that I binged recently on Netflix that I would recommend;
Halt and Catch Fire
Peaky Blinders
Mindhunter
Manhunt: Unabomber
Ozark
Godless
American Vandal
BoJack Horseman - a show I started watching awhile ago that I thought deserved a shoutout

BlueInCgy

Quote from: gobombersgo on January 10, 2018, 09:13:05 AM
Thanks for the recommendation. I've watched the first season so far and wasn't disappointed. However, it had me question whether I should shop at the Bay or not. Lol

Some other shows that I binged recently on Netflix that I would recommend;
Halt and Catch Fire
Peaky Blinders
Mindhunter
Manhunt: Unabomber
Ozark
Godless
American Vandal
BoJack Horseman - a show I started watching awhile ago that I thought deserved a shoutout

Loved Ozark, reminded me a lot of Breaking Bad in theme, we'll see how it progresses.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: BlueInCgy on January 15, 2018, 03:06:22 PM
Loved Ozark, reminded me a lot of Breaking Bad in theme, we'll see how it progresses.
I binged watched Ozark as well and I liked it.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

66 Chevelle

anybody watch the first season of Jessica Jones on Netflix?  Season 2 is finally coming out in March....
just because you can doesn't mean you should...

TrueBlue75

My favourite TV series right now is Mary Kills People. Canadian show and it?s so good.

blue_gold_84

Altered Carbon is pretty amazing if you're into sci-fi. A lot of similarities to Blade Runner.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

years back I read & most definitely enjoyed, a book by Caleb Carr called "The Alienist" ...... now Netflix has put a S1, 10 Episodes out for enjoyment.
It is a captivating, psychological mystery set in 1896 New York where heinous mutilations are occurring during the new technological advancements.
Commissioner Theodore Roosevelt fighting corruption, agrees to a team being blended together, behind the scenes, to solve these ritualistic crimes. 
The adaptation to the screen is top notch, direction superb & the visuals of dire poverty are amazing. There is cruel racism & the theme is shocking.
..................... Recommend highly
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

GCn19

Quote from: Jockitch on May 12, 2018, 05:37:26 PM
years back I read & most definitely enjoyed, a book by Caleb Carr called "The Alienist" ...... now Netflix has put a S1, 10 Episodes out for enjoyment.
It is a captivating, psychological mystery set in 1896 New York where heinous mutilations are occurring during the new technological advancements.
Commissioner Theodore Roosevelt fighting corruption, agrees to a team being blended together, behind the scenes, to solve these ritualistic crimes. 
The adaptation to the screen is top notch, direction superb & the visuals of dire poverty are amazing. There is cruel racism & the theme is shocking.
..................... Recommend highly

I'm not huge on circa 1900 New York period pieces but I'll give it a whirl on your recommendation.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.