Is there a better show on TV...

Started by The Zipp, December 01, 2015, 04:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_or_die

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on December 06, 2016, 02:07:11 PM
You know it.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3772156/stranger-things-season-2-air-date-new-cast-details-who-is-coming-back/

Super stoked for season 2!

I've been watching MARS on NatGeo, too. Four episodes in and it's pretty fascinating. B grade acting for the most part but it features some of the most brilliant minds in science/space exploration as the documentary portion (it's essentially a docu-drama taking place in the present time and then in 2033 as humans first travel to the red planet). Highly recommended if you're into the whole human colonization of another planet thing.

I tried watching and loved the documentary parts but just couldn't get through the 'dramatic' fictional parts. I'm a big fan of science docs and not so much a fan of sci fi, so Mars is a gamble for me lol.
#Ride?

Jesse

Quote from: blue_or_die on December 06, 2016, 03:05:26 PM
I tried watching and loved the documentary parts but just couldn't get through the 'dramatic' fictional parts. I'm a big fan of science docs and not so much a fan of sci fi, so Mars is a gamble for me lol.

Nerd.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on December 06, 2016, 03:05:26 PM

Yeah, some of it's a bit much and the acting at times is more comical than anything. It is interesting to see the technology being used and the setting itself (Mars' surface, living quarters, greenhouses/labs, etc.), though.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp

Westworld - won't give any spoilers here but i really enjoyed season 1...so many different directions it can go in for season 2.

Colton

Quote from: The Zipp on December 06, 2016, 06:24:44 PM
Westworld - won't give any spoilers here but i really enjoyed season 1...so many different directions it can go in for season 2.

Everything about this show is extremely high quality, acting foremost. I'm not sure how TV awards work but Westworld could take home quite a few if they do it like they do for film (male and female acting roles, various writing awards, music, cinematography, etc)

JMT21

Anyone else catch the Netflix series "The Get Down"?  Stumbled upon it last night.  Takes place in the South Bronx circa 1977. Show focuses on the origins of hip hop and rap during the Disco era. The acting, singing, and dancing are all superb with an amazing soundtrack to boot. Jimmy Smits is the only well known actor I could recognize. Grand Master Flash is the executive producer of the series. Was totally blown away by the first episode.  Highly recommend people giving this show a watch.   8)

The Zipp

Just starting Netflix's Series of unfortunate events...yes I am 46 years old and have read all the books...looking forward to it - Neil Patrick Harris is apparently awesome in it as Count Olaf. 

blue_gold_84

Anybody else watching Vikings? The current seasons has been excellent. I love how it's heavily based on Norse mythology.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on January 16, 2017, 11:39:13 PM
Anybody else watching Vikings? The current seasons has been excellent. I love how it's heavily based on Norse mythology.

Ya i have......  thats an awesome show.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

blue_or_die

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on January 16, 2017, 11:39:13 PM

Vikings is my fav show and this is the best season so far.
#Ride?

New_Earth_Mud

Vikings is the chit.

Best show on TV.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

GOLDMEMBER

Started SIX tidy great first episode
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on January 17, 2017, 03:39:29 PM
Vikings is my fav show and this is the best season so far.

Absolutely phenomenal last few episodes. This past week's episode was fantastic.

Started Six last night but fell asleep about half an hour into it. What I remember was pretty top notch, but I'll have to finish it this weekend.

EDIT: watched Six last night. Great first episode.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

Second episode of Six was pretty good and the end was just nuts.

Cardinal debuted last week on CTV. Really good first episode, so I think tomorrow's will be much of the same. A dark, gritty crime drama made in Canada? Yes, please.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Colton

Season 12 of Sunny has been top notch. The Gang Goes to a Water Park was a classic.