Is there a better show on TV...

Started by The Zipp, December 01, 2015, 04:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammerbutt

Quote from: The Zipp on October 25, 2016, 07:27:24 PM
me too...have to watch Sunday's yet though...honestly I have yet to actually figure it out and that is what makes it fun.

I don't know how long its going to stay fun if the plot doesn't start moving forward

Colton

Quote from: hammerbutt on October 28, 2016, 03:01:20 PM
I don't know how long its going to stay fun if the plot doesn't start moving forward

You know they've released more than one episode now, right?

The Zipp

i am caught up on Westworld now and yah it is starting to roll along with the actual plot...I am still very much enjoying it.

Jockitch

Quote from: The Zipp on October 28, 2016, 03:38:51 PM
i am caught up on Westworld now and yah it is starting to roll along with the actual plot...I am still very much enjoying it.

a solid X2
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

theaardvark

Just binged season one of Stranger Things.  Interesting homage to 80's sci-fi / horror...   King, Cronenbourg, Carpenter... if you liked their stuff, you find this interesting.

Timeless, kind f interesting, but getting a little far fetched...

Conviction, wasn't sure at first, but getting into it.

Madam Secretary, though, still loving it.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

BlueInCgy

As far as new shows go for this fall

In the "Thought I'd hate it, but I love it" category - Lethal Weapon.  They've stayed true to Riggs character in a very effective way, and Damon Wayans is a far better Murtagh than Danny Glover

Speechless - I find Minnie Driver to be way over the top, but it really works for her in this one, and the cast of misfit family members is done quite well

Designated Survivor - again, didn't really think I'd like this one, as I figured it would Jack Bauer, POTUSA.  But it's not.

American Housewife - just plain funny.  Dedrich Bader as the somewhat clueless husband is perfect.

Shows that have tanked this fall

Blindspot - almost unwatchable.  Should be cancelled ASAP.

Blacklist - hoping it's just a one season dip (ala Alias, 24, SOA)

NCIS everything - too many spinoffs, too many years, falling into the Law and Order rut

GOLDMEMBER

We feel SUV is still a quality show! Good acting good and stories most of the time.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

BOOM!!

Westworld - was expecting something like that but not that ..I won't say anymore - this is about the Nov 13 episode...

JMT21

Quote from: BlueInCgy on November 01, 2016, 06:29:45 PM
As far as new shows go for this fall

In the "Thought I'd hate it, but I love it" category - Lethal Weapon.  They've stayed true to Riggs character in a very effective way, and Damon Wayans is a far better Murtagh than Danny Glover

Speechless - I find Minnie Driver to be way over the top, but it really works for her in this one, and the cast of misfit family members is done quite well

Designated Survivor - again, didn't really think I'd like this one, as I figured it would Jack Bauer, POTUSA.  But it's not.

American Housewife - just plain funny.  Dedrich Bader as the somewhat clueless husband is perfect.

Shows that have tanked this fall

Blindspot - almost unwatchable.  Should be cancelled ASAP.

Blacklist - hoping it's just a one season dip (ala Alias, 24, SOA)

NCIS everything - too many spinoffs, too many years, falling into the Law and Order rut

It was just the mid-season finale last week for the Blacklist. A bit weaker than other seasons but Spader is just spectacular in every episode. Looking forward to seeing how the Mr. Kaplan plot plays out.

JMT21

Quote from: theaardvark on November 01, 2016, 03:51:34 PM
Just binged season one of Stranger Things.  Interesting homage to 80's sci-fi / horror...   King, Cronenbourg, Carpenter... if you liked their stuff, you find this interesting.

Timeless, kind f interesting, but getting a little far fetched...

Conviction, wasn't sure at first, but getting into it.

Madam Secretary, though, still loving it.

Is that on Netflix?  Am big fan of the 80's genre you mention.  Worth watching I'd imagine?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: JMT21 on November 14, 2016, 06:21:55 PM
Is that on Netflix?  Am big fan of the 80's genre you mention.  Worth watching I'd imagine?

Netflix exclusive. Fantastic series. If you like the 80s, you'll love Stranger Things.

For season two, Paul Reiser and Sean Astin have been cast. ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Designated Survivor... hoping this becomes a reality show ;) .  JK, but Trump is seriously scary.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

JMT21

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 14, 2016, 10:33:00 PM
Netflix exclusive. Fantastic series. If you like the 80s, you'll love Stranger Things.

Thanks for the tip. Finished watching it over the weekend. Winona Ryder finally getting another shot at television was good to see  :)

blue_or_die

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 14, 2016, 10:33:00 PM

There's gonna be a season two?? Sweet!
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on December 06, 2016, 12:58:08 PM
There's gonna be a season two?? Sweet!

You know it.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3772156/stranger-things-season-2-air-date-new-cast-details-who-is-coming-back/

Super stoked for season 2!

I've been watching MARS on NatGeo, too. Four episodes in and it's pretty fascinating. B grade acting for the most part but it features some of the most brilliant minds in science/space exploration as the documentary portion (it's essentially a docu-drama taking place in the present time and then in 2033 as humans first travel to the red planet). Highly recommended if you're into the whole human colonization of another planet thing.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.