Blue Bombers Forum
August 08, 2020, 02:13:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
  Print  
Author Topic: Information on a Reduced Season  (Read 4036 times)
blue_or_die

« Reply #150 on: August 07, 2020, 11:13:49 AM »

The moving self-imposed deadline feels disingenuous. If they (CFL and feds) are truly doing everything they can to make something work, then I do appreciate it and hope that the date-bumping is due to progress being made. Problem with that is that it's an extremely optimistic outlook and there's no real reason to think that is the reality. And if that's the case, please put us out of our misery ASAP.

The Jets' super early elimination last night put a gaping hole in my heart and instantly reminded me that, "oh yeah, it's August and there's no Bomber ball". Just a pile-on of the misery that is 2020.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 11:16:31 AM by blue_or_die » Logged

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #151 on: August 07, 2020, 12:55:04 PM »

With each passing day of nothing, the less likely a 2020 season gets. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact there won't be any CFL in this pile of garbage that is 2020.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. And you apparently can't quarantine, it either.
Blue In BC

« Reply #152 on: August 07, 2020, 01:03:28 PM »

There are 2 Bomber 2019 games on TSN today. Set your PVR's accordingly.

No more excuses.
bigbuff33

« Reply #153 on: August 07, 2020, 01:47:59 PM »

Well into August and still nothing...

I even read that the NFL is looking at a possible 8 game season.

Green Bay announces no fans at first two home games...

Sad state of affairs...

Nothing much we can do but stay safe and hope for some football
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #154 on: August 07, 2020, 04:48:24 PM »

There are 2 Bomber 2019 games on TSN today. Set your PVR's accordingly.
done thanks man

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #155 on: August 07, 2020, 04:50:30 PM »

Well into August and still nothing...

I even read that the NFL is looking at a possible 8 game season.

Green Bay announces no fans at first two home games...

Sad state of affairs...

Nothing much we can do but stay safe and hope for some football
no cfl football for god knows how long. Cry

Donny C

« Reply #156 on: August 07, 2020, 05:12:08 PM »

It's not dead yet: https://www.tsn.ca/approval-from-health-canada-crucial-for-cfl-in-quest-for-federal-money-1.1505816?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
DM83

« Reply #157 on: August 07, 2020, 05:47:39 PM »

Yawn!

Do it, or cancel it.
I have TV viewing plans to make!:)
Donny C

« Reply #158 on: August 07, 2020, 06:09:53 PM »

https://3downnation.com/2020/08/07/deputy-chief-public-health-officer-dr-howard-njoo-calls-cfl-hub-city-plan-encouraging/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
TecnoGenius

« Reply #159 on: Today at 06:39:13 AM »

I don't know all you negative nancies... from the little we're hearing and seeing, I'm optimistic!  You think Ambrosie wants his legacy to be that he presided over the only cancelled season in a zillion years?  Or worse, let the CFL fold completely?  Ambrosie may be a lot of things, but I have no doubt that he's a true, massive CFL fan to his very core.  I think they're working their tails off trying to get this done... give them a chance.

Never go full Rider!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #160 on: Today at 12:49:20 PM »

I don't know all you negative nancies... from the little we're hearing and seeing, I'm optimistic!  You think Ambrosie wants his legacy to be that he presided over the only cancelled season in a zillion years?  Or worse, let the CFL fold completely?  Ambrosie may be a lot of things, but I have no doubt that he's a true, massive CFL fan to his very core.  I think they're working their tails off trying to get this done... give them a chance.

amen tecno

Blue In BC

« Reply #161 on: Today at 01:17:22 PM »

The players rejected the CFL's offer. The gov't rejected the leagues financial demands.  The suggested season start of Oct 6 is absurd as well.  Nothing indicates the 2 weeks self isolation before travel has started or that travel across the border is approved.  Be optimistic if you want.

Nothing we've heard suggests anybody is working their tails off for an agreement. It's August 8.

No more excuses.
TBURGESS

« Reply #162 on: Today at 01:59:31 PM »

3DownNation @3DownNation
#Ticats all-star DB Delvin Breaux: ?#CFL told us to start looking for jobs in off-season? https://3downnation.com/2020/08/07/ticats-cornerback-delvin-breaux-hints-at-retirement-looking-for-new-career-amid-cfl-delays/
 #HamOnt

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
  Print  

Jump to: