Blue Bombers Forum
November 24, 2017, 01:02:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Bilukidi  (Read 40074 times)
theaardvark

« on: July 24, 2014, 02:05:51 PM »

OK, he's on the PUP list, what does that mean?  Is that like our IR that is used to hide a player sometimes, or is he injured?  Without any PR time left, does he look to the north now?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 02:16:50 PM »

I believe there are 2 kind of PUP list.. Active PUP and Reserve PUP.

The Active PUP is like our 1-game IR.
The Reserve PUP is like our 6-game IR.

I could be wrong though.  Grin
blue_gold_84

"There's always next year."

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 02:20:32 PM »

I'm assuming he'd be a massive upgrade to the D-line... Yes?

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
GCn17

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 02:37:13 PM »

OK, he's on the PUP list, what does that mean?  Is that like our IR that is used to hide a player sometimes, or is he injured?  Without any PR time left, does he look to the north now?

A trip to the PUP usually signals a release shortly after.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
bomberfan4life

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 02:38:11 PM »

Here i thought there was news about him and the Bombers
Boooo - i got excited for nothing...wake me when he signs
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 02:46:50 PM »

A trip to the PUP usually signals a release shortly after.

not really... DT Geno Atkins (knee) and DT Devon Still (back) were both placed to PUP also. Both tackles are higher than Bilukidi on the depth chart, 1st and 2nd respectively. They recently signed anothe FA DT LaKendrick Ross.

Bilukidi was placed on the PUP because of tooth problem.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 02:48:43 PM by M.O.A.B. » Logged
GCn17

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 02:52:35 PM »

not really... DT Geno Atkins (knee) and DT Devon Still (back) were both placed to PUP also. Both tackles are higher than Bilukidi on the depth chart, 1st and 2nd respectively. They recently signed anothe FA DT LaKendrick Ross.

Bilukidi was placed on the PUP because of tooth problem.

I should clarify that a trip to the PUP for a bubble player usually signals their release shortly after. Same as a rookie or bubble player getting injured in TC in the CFL.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
jeremy q public

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 03:42:06 PM »

I'm assuming he'd be a massive upgrade to the D-line... Yes?

I'd assume so too, at least once he settled into the system.  The most significant upgrade would be due to his passport though.
the paw

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 03:46:36 PM »

PUP is Physically Unable to Perform, and as i understand it, it is for non-football related injuries and conditions.  (like Bilukidi's tooth).  I don't know the ins and outs of the IR rules in the NFL, but it seems that their are salary and/or roster implications that make it important to distinguish football injuries from other types.

I don't think being placed on PUP is any indication of a players prospects of being released.  Fringe players are always vulnerable, whether they are PUP, IR or active roster.

grab grass 'n growl
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 03:46:48 PM »

I'd assume so too, at least once he settled into the system.  The most significant upgrade would be due to his passport though.

If we had a starting Canadian on the DL, that would be a ratio-buster essentially. "Almost" like getting Henoc back.

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
Mike

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 03:48:00 PM »

Worst thing for Bilukidi re: the PUP list is that he can't practice with the team.

Fringe player not able to partake in training camp? Best of luck to you.
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 03:51:39 PM »

Worst thing for Bilukidi re: the PUP list is that he can't practice with the team.

So he went to the Reserve/PUP then and not the Active/PUP.
GCn17

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 04:04:18 PM »

Yea...kinda the point I was trying to make. Unless they are really high on a prospect..and there are various reports that suggest otherwise...any time missed is not a good thing.

theaardvark

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 04:28:01 PM »

Making the team from the tub is nigh on impossible...  I wonder what if there are arrangements with the NFL for negotiating with a player on a PUP list... or do we have to wait for his release to even start talking...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
bluegold4life

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 04:41:50 PM »

Wish I can find the link but from everything I read and heard it's just a matter of time before he is released outright and I think this is likely his last NFL shot but I'm still not holding my breath about him coming North this season as he will likely live off his $$$ and wait for another opportunity and if that doesn't happen he may start considering the CFL.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: