Blue Bombers Forum
October 23, 2020, 09:59:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bombers sign QB Kevin Anderson  (Read 9249 times)
blue_or_die

« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2019, 04:58:08 PM »

I think the bombers need to be proactive with there QB's. We all know that QB's in the CFL drop like flies. Giving Mcguire a package of plays each game, would help him and the team IF we ever need him. I also anyone who has been to a bomber practice have noticed that he has a great arm, and throw a very nice ball. Is anyone talking about him starting. NO. Is anyone asking for him to replace Strv17. NO. Just get him a little bit of playing time.

If Streveler is injured at any point while Nichols is out, the answer to both those questions becomes YES.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
bowlerdude

« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2019, 05:58:31 PM »

I think the bombers need to be proactive with there QB's. We all know that QB's in the CFL drop like flies. Giving Mcguire a package of plays each game, would help him and the team IF we ever need him. I also anyone who has been to a bomber practice have noticed that he has a great arm, and throw a very nice ball. Is anyone talking about him starting. NO. Is anyone asking for him to replace Strv17. NO. Just get him a little bit of playing time.

There's a reason that Streveler is the only QB in the last several years on any team to have his own package like that though. When you're running your normal offense you usually don't just downgrade your QB for the sake of development. Streveler had two things going for him, 1) he's got a completely different athletic profile, so he brings something new to the table, and 2) he was thrown into the fire last year, first QB to make a start directly out of college since Anthony Calvillo, and in those games he became the first QB to throw 6 TDs in his first two CFL appearances, he took care of the ball really well, etc. He earned that trust and did things that were close to, if not literally, unprecedented in CFL history.

And in this case, there's another reason to not force McGuire into some playing time - Streveler's a really inexperienced QB that could use the reps too.
GCn19

« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2019, 06:47:54 PM »

Should we get comfortably ahead or uncomfortably behind, sure put McGuire in so he can face some live bullets.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2019, 06:55:08 PM »

If only we had a list of the guys they were interested in coming in from NFL cuts... oh wait...

Name    Position    College
Alex Barrett    DE    San Diego State
Eric Barriere    QB    Eastern Washington
Jake Bentley    QB    South Carolina
Fred Brown    WR    Mississippi State
Kelly Bryant    QB    Missouri
David Kenney    DE    Illinois State
Mekale McKay    WR    Cincinnati
Jaydon Mickens    WR    Washington
David Rivers    CB    Youngstown State
Greg Ward    WR    Houston

Only a partial list, still don't understand why they don't keep the whole list public...

Kelly Bryant?   lol, he?ll be the starting QB for Missouri Saturday night when they play Wyoming... gonna have to wait another year...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
teddygmr

« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2019, 09:20:08 PM »

I was a little disappointed that Streveler stayed in for EVERY short yardage play rather than give McGuire the opportunity. Besides giving McGuire some on field experience, it would allow Streveler to collect his thoughts and confer with Coaches on the sideline.  Also, on those 3rd down pile ups, there can be a lot of cheap shots including eye gouging, etc.
I know Streveler often seems to be close to breaking through for a big gain but I kind of hope Coaches decide to give McGuire a chance against the Riders.
theaardvark

« Reply #110 on: August 30, 2019, 09:33:52 PM »

I was a little disappointed that Streveler stayed in for EVERY short yardage play rather than give McGuire the opportunity. Besides giving McGuire some on field experience, it would allow Streveler to collect his thoughts and confer with Coaches on the sideline.  Also, on those 3rd down pile ups, there can be a lot of cheap shots including eye gouging, etc.
I know Streveler often seems to be close to breaking through for a big gain but I kind of hope Coaches decide to give McGuire a chance against the Riders.

Why you would elect to put a passer in for short yardage over teh leagues best short yardage QB, I'm not sure you've thought that out...

Maybe bring McGuire in on 2nd and long...  to get him reps.. that'd mess up the D...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2019, 04:35:18 AM »

We are on our next guy. Our next guy after the that is a guy who has been on the roster for just this season. The next man up after that is some guy we just found is named Kevin Anderson. What is "next man up" supposed to mean other than when your current starter gets injured another guy goes in and you hope for the best based on literally nothing? Just hope?
McGuire showed promise in preseaon and was good enough to beat our Bennett.  Yes doesn't have the experience but I like his skill set and others echo that.  No worries on my end based on our talent on roster and our solid record.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
bowlerdude

« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2019, 05:12:19 AM »

Streveler is the best short yardage QB in the league. McGuire will not see the field...

have you ever actually seen a QB hurt on a QB sneak? i know they love to talk about the possibility but I've literally never seen it happen and I watch probably 90% of CFL games played in a given season... i think it's overblown
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2019, 08:38:27 AM »

Streveler is the best short yardage QB in the league. McGuire will not see the field...

have you ever actually seen a QB hurt on a QB sneak? i know they love to talk about the possibility but I've literally never seen it happen and I watch probably 90% of CFL games played in a given season... i think it's overblown
Was it not Buck Pierce that got hurt on one and knocked him out for multiple games one year? I remember Bob knuckles saying the guy has no luck. I was thinking the guy is just injury prone!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
blue_or_die

« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2019, 03:44:07 PM »

McGuire showed promise in preseaon and was good enough to beat our Bennett.  Yes doesn't have the experience but I like his skill set and others echo that.  No worries on my end based on our talent on roster and our solid record.

He didn't really beat out Bennett. We wanted a QB to develop in the third QB spot.

I also echo that he seems to have a skill set. That is one you develop under the right circumstance, not to become a starter for a few games when we have lost our first two QBs ahead of him.

Talent on the other parts of the roster and solid record? Absolutely, but that doesn't mean you can win games without a QB. This is the CFL.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: