NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Quote from: Jesse on June 06, 2022, 04:53:59 PM
Yeah, I don't want him on my team.

It's just not something that's going to come up in contract negotiations. He has lots of other stuff that will, of course.

His main selling point is his performance with McJesus and Dryheaves during the playoffs.  So capping that off with a suspension for the most important elimination game... kinda kills off all the good that went before.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on June 06, 2022, 04:56:51 PM
His main selling point is his performance with McJesus and Dryheaves during the playoffs.  So capping that off with a suspension for the most important elimination game... kinda kills off all the good that went before.

It doesn't for me. He a power forward that can score and make things happen. He got another chance and has played well with McDavid. McDavid wants him back next year. I just can't see the Oilers having the money to sign him. I think DN25 new contract kicks in next year at $9M plus. They also have to sign KY56. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on June 06, 2022, 04:56:51 PM

It doesn't in any way.

Will it prevent him from scoring next season? Nope.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on June 06, 2022, 05:39:11 PM
It doesn't for me. He a power forward that can score and make things happen. He got another chance and has played well with McDavid. McDavid wants him back next year. I just can't see the Oilers having the money to sign him. I think DN25 new contract kicks in next year at $9M plus. They also have to sign KY56. 

So, what kind of contract can Kane expect based on this limited performance? Is he a one year $1mil guy, or can he get a multi year deal?  Will he bet on himself again, and put in a whole year to prove himself, or does he think he deserves a multiyear 6 mil contract now?  Is there someone out there desperate enough to sign him?  
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Oilers put up a very good fight tonight, but the Ava's are just good. Sweep.

blue_gold_84

Bruins fired HC Cassidy yesterday. Weird move.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on June 07, 2022, 01:35:39 PM
Bruins fired HC Cassidy yesterday. Weird move.

Hearing two thoughts out there...

"Oh no, another possible competitor for Trotz"

and

"If we don't get Trotz, another good candidate available in Cassidy"

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Nice deal for JR. Had a good season with 45 points.

Pigskin

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on June 08, 2022, 03:33:13 AM
Bolts played a very good game.

Wouldn't shock me at all if they win out the next two. Last night was a dominant performance.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

This was a very good game, but in the end the Bolts were just to much for the Rangers.

blue_gold_84

Rangers are done, IMO. Momentum has been all Bolts the last two games.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Bolts are doing this without Brayden Point who is a big part of there O.

Jockitch

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE