NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on July 19, 2021, 03:43:22 PM
Money is not an issue right now, winning is.

Price gives you an instant chance at winning.

Ask the Jets if Price makes a difference...

The Kraken will be competitive regardless of who's in net. They'll have a pretty solid, well-rounded roster without the need for the highest paid netminder in the game (even if he is arguably the best).

Money is an issue if long-term stability is desired.

Quote from: Pigskin on July 19, 2021, 04:01:24 PM
I agree, there are a lot of very good players unprotected. This is probably a better pool then the Knights had to choose from.

Could be many big names selected, which is great marketability.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Apparently the Kraken are said to have a deal in place with Chris Driedger.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jockitch

Earlier I had said no to Price as a Kraken & thought of Holtby & Bishop ....... but now I realized I missed the Cap's youthful V. Vanecek as a goalie with great potential
Vanecek could be a healthy pairing with Driedger from Florida as I think the Kraken should be good with a young tandem rather than an ace in their first year

Took a hard look at the players available ....... my gosh it is such a difficult list of undervalued & high priced vets

Anyone else notice that Nashville trades a very good Dman in Ellis, pick up P. Myers & include him in 5 Dmen protected while only listing 3 forwards

O. Klefbom must be very seriously hurt that the Oilers left him out there while protecting Keith & of course obviously saying they lack big $$ to pay Barrie
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Jockitch

This is from early this day  ........ various leaks of who the Kraken have chosen, but not a complete list

https://www.tsn.ca/seattle-kraken-expansion-draft-blog-1.1670707

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Pigskin

Weber will sit out all this coming up season.

Jockitch

WOW X another WOW ...... the Canucks just got even more difficult to play against this season

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canucks-acquire-ekman-larsson-garland-coyotes-blockbuster-deal/

However they only have less than $19M in Cap Space with another 8 roster spots to fill which includes needing to sign young Super Stars E. Pettersson & Q. Hughes
.... so if EP gets an AAV of $8.5, Hughes gets an AAV of $7. & now rising good player Garland gets signed for $5. at least ........ something won't add up

Vancouver is not done

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Carey Price had knee surgery yesterday, but should be back for the start of the season.

Jockitch

Terrific move by Florida to get Sam Reinhart from Buffalo
Vancouver getting OELarsson & Garland from Arizona was an excellent trade but Benning still has Cap issues
Ristolainen to Philadelphia, who days earlier made a deal to also get Ellis from Nashville ....... Go Flyers Go

How lucky was defman. Jake Bean, who got moved from a stacked D team in the Canes to now really develop & improve with Columbus
Seth Jones to the Hawks ...... who sign him to major $$'s extension
Calle Makar, who is crazy great, gets a 6 year, $54M contract ........ while perhaps no longer a big star but still above average, Taylor Hall signs a major, team friendly contract   

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

Ovechkin re-ups in DC: https://www.tsn.ca/alex-ovechkin-washington-capitals-1.1673532

Needs to average 33 goals per season to beat the Great One.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 27, 2021, 06:24:02 PM
Ovechkin re-ups in DC: https://www.tsn.ca/alex-ovechkin-washington-capitals-1.1673532

Needs to average 33 goals per season to beat the Great One.

I can't believe that's even a possibility.

And doesn't Ovi score 40+ annually, dependably?
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on July 27, 2021, 07:24:17 PM
I can't believe that's even a possibility.

And doesn't Ovi score 40+ annually, dependably?

If he stays healthy, he has a good opportunity to accomplish this record. It's pretty incredible.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

With Weber out for the year, Montreal has signed Wideman, and Savard.

Pigskin

Sounds like PL29 signed a one year deal with the Bluejackets for $7.5M.

Apparently he didn't get along with MS55 and BW26. Was never signing long term in Winnipeg.