NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

I am hearing July 10th for the re-start of the NHL. At least there TC. In my mind this is pushing it a little to far. Call it a year already.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on June 02, 2020, 02:05:30 PM
I am hearing July 10th for the re-start of the NHL. At least there TC. In my mind this is pushing it a little to far. Call it a year already.

I heard something similar with the desired range being July 10-15. But that's probably just rumour for now.

Hockey in July and August seems dumb to me. Especially right now when I don't think a lot of people, hockey fans or otherwise, want to spend the summer indoors.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

I think a lot of the players are starting to think cabin, fishing, family.

Pigskin

Well it's not a rumor, July 11 is the date the NHL would like to start up TC. Now I will be interesting to see how there going to make this work?

Pigskin

I hate to say this but I have lost interest in hockey. Jet's or not.

blue_or_die

Quote from: Pigskin on July 03, 2020, 03:24:34 PM
I hate to say this but I have lost interest in hockey. Jet's or not.

It?s going to be hard to get it up for hockey in the middle of summer. I mean, I?ll watch the Jets games to be sure but it?s going to be weeeiiirrrddd
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

https://www.tsn.ca/pittsburgh-penguins-sideline-9-players-after-potential-secondary-exposure-to-covid-19-1.1494918

The Pittsburgh Penguins announced Monday that the team will be voluntarily sidelining nine players from their training camp roster due to potential secondary exposure to an individual who had contact with a person that has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus.

The team learned of the possible secondary exposure on Sunday and added the decision was made to sideline the players out of abundance of caution in an effort to avoid exposure to anyone else within the organization.

The nine players will re-join the team when it is deemed safe to do so in accordance with NHL protocol and further test results.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

Just saw that the new NHL team for 2021 season in Seattle will have the Kraken as their nickname
Like the name, Norse sea monster from folk lore, saw a smidgeon of the dark jersey colors ..... think they are both choices that their fans will really enjoy.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Well the Jet's are locked down in Edmonton at Hub City. It's going to be interesting to see how this all works out.

Pigskin

Nice win by Montreal. Big Ben and Weber look very good. The Jet's could us Big Ben right now.

blue_or_die

Quote from: Pigskin on August 06, 2020, 03:23:26 AM
Nice win by Montreal. Big Ben and Weber look very good. The Jet's could us Big Ben right now.

I was a big Chiarot fan and never wanted him to leave.
#Ride?

Jockitch

Quote from: blue_or_die on August 06, 2020, 12:59:22 PM

Quite agree big time
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on August 06, 2020, 12:59:22 PM

It's a shame Cheveldayoff didn't just match the Habs' offer and retain him. The Jets needed that grit on the blue line.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

Seeing Edmonton, Nashville and especially, ESPECIALLY Toronto eliminated in the qualifying round provides some solace after the Jets' early exit.

Seeing Montreal move on is a joke and a half, although it would be hilarious if they went all the way.
#Ride?