NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Charging is distance travelled to make a violent hit. On both plays he made took more then three strides to make a hit on another player. On both hit the player was engaged with another Flame and was in a vulnerable position.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Colton

Quote from: Pigskin on January 14, 2020, 05:06:19 PM
I don't agree, he exposed MT19 for the little B he is. If your going to take runs at players and blind side them, or make contact with the head and the refs are not going to protect you, you have to protect yourself. Kassian is 1 inch taller then MT19, and 9 pounds heavier. If your going to run at people your going to have to fight. It was fun to watch Kassian rag doll MT19 and I am sure many players in the NHL loved it. MT19 is a dirty player that need this. 

Everyone already knows the type of player Tkachuk is. Kassian didn't change anything and he lost his team the game in the process. All Kassian did was expose himself as an easy target for Tkachuk for their upcoming matches.

The only positive outcome from Kassian's actions are that he got himself removed from the roster for 2 games, that should help the Oilers a little.

Pigskin

Sid returns to the Penguins lineup with a 4 point night.

dd

Quote from: bluengold204 on January 13, 2020, 08:12:49 PM
Clean hit tho
You?re joking?!?

Both hits were blindside targets to the head that knocked his helmet off. There was nothing clean about it. Tachuck is a total gutless puke?-the new Raffi Torres or Matt Cook. If you?re going to go around head hunting, be a man and go with the guy, not a coward and turtle. His dad must be ashamed of him, dishonouring the family name with trash like this. Play the game with courage and honour for Pete?s  sake!!

Pigskin

True, Keith delivered a lot of big hits, he also never turtled or ran away from a fight. You make a mess, you have to clean it up. I also noticed no flames coming to defend him.

The Zipp

Vegas fires their coach and hires Pete Deboer...kind of odd but OK...

bluengold204

Quote from: dd on January 15, 2020, 03:52:52 AM
You?re joking?!?

Both hits were blindside targets to the head that knocked his helmet off. There was nothing clean about it. Tachuck is a total gutless puke?-the new Raffi Torres or Matt Cook. If you?re going to go around head hunting, be a man and go with the guy, not a coward and turtle. His dad must be ashamed of him, dishonouring the family name with trash like this. Play the game with courage and honour for Pete?s  sake!!

I didn't see the first hit but the second one was shoulder to shoulder contact.  No contact to the head, his helmet pops off yes but just from the force of the hit twisting him around not because he made contact with his head.  Not sure how you can think he hit him from the blind side since half his body was in front of Kassian as well.  There was a reason the refs didn't call a penalty nor did the league take action afterwards, even the announcers said it was a clean hit.

Pigskin

blue_or_die

Quote from: The Zipp on January 15, 2020, 03:27:43 PM
Vegas fires their coach and hires Pete Deboer...kind of odd but OK...

Ridiculous. Make the SCF in their first year, earn a divisional playoff spot in their second year, and right in the playoff mix in their third. What could their expectations possibly be?

I hope this blows up in their face and they trend down to the bottom where newbie teams belong while they cut their teeth.
#Ride?

The Zipp

Quote from: blue_or_die on January 15, 2020, 05:53:24 PM
Ridiculous. Make the SCF in their first year, earn a divisional playoff spot in their second year, and right in the playoff mix in their third. What could their expectations possibly be?

I hope this blows up in their face and they trend down to the bottom where newbie teams belong while they cut their teeth.

Claim to not seeing a path to getting better with Gallant...it will be interesting to see what happens...

blue_or_die

Quote from: The Zipp on January 15, 2020, 05:55:52 PM
Claim to not seeing a path to getting better with Gallant...it will be interesting to see what happens...

lol. The path is the same as any team who eventually gets good. Scout well, draft well, develop well, fill in the blanks with FAs where possible, and develop a culture that learns how to win and take on some adversity.

An expansion team, no matter the variables given to them that set them up for immediate success, cannot do that in 2.5 seasons.
#Ride?

The Zipp

Quote from: blue_or_die on January 15, 2020, 07:08:57 PM
lol. The path is the same as any team who eventually gets good. Scout well, draft well, develop well, fill in the blanks with FAs where possible, and develop a culture that learns how to win and take on some adversity.

An expansion team, no matter the variables given to them that set them up for immediate success, cannot do that in 2.5 seasons.

I dont disagree was just stating what the team put out...I do wonder if there is more to the story with respect to behaviour, personality, unacceptable conduct etc...we are seeing more and more of this and "hockey culture" has some skeletons - some deep and some shallow...every move like this will be questioned for that aspect, valid or not...

blue_or_die

Quote from: The Zipp on January 15, 2020, 08:16:06 PM
I dont disagree was just stating what the team put out...I do wonder if there is more to the story with respect to behaviour, personality, unacceptable conduct etc...we are seeing more and more of this and "hockey culture" has some skeletons - some deep and some shallow...every move like this will be questioned for that aspect, valid or not...

Good point. I always assumed Gerrard was a standup guy but we don't know what goes on off-cam I suppose.
#Ride?

dd

Quote from: bluengold204 on January 15, 2020, 04:12:13 PM
I didn't see the first hit but the second one was shoulder to shoulder contact.  No contact to the head, his helmet pops off yes but just from the force of the hit twisting him around not because he made contact with his head.  Not sure how you can think he hit him from the blind side since half his body was in front of Kassian as well.  There was a reason the refs didn't call a penalty nor did the league take action afterwards, even the announcers said it was a clean hit.
The announcers know sh?t. Listen to James Neal and other plays comments afterwards. Everyone and their brother knows the guy plays like a douche and then he turtles. He?s a gutless coward

blue_gold_84

The Penguins sure gave up a lot for Zucker. Granted, he's got term left but I'd say the Wild won that trade.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.