NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Looks like Rantanen will join his fellow countryman in Bern as contract talks continue: https://twitter.com/CompleteHkyNews/status/1174016556906569728
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

The Zipp

The Carolina Hurricanes have traded Justin Faulk and a fifth-round pick to the St. Louis Blues for defenceman Joel Edmundson, prospect Dominik Bokk and a seventh-round pick in the 2021 NHL Draft. As part of the deal, the Blues signed Faulk to a seven-year, $45.5 million contract extension.

Blues getting better or at least treading water...Where you at Chevy??

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

TrueBlue75

Austin Matthews is facing charges in Arizona- Disorderly Conduct-Disruptive Behaviour or Fighting from an incident in May. Love that leaf fans will have something to gnash their teeth about over their golden boy!

The Zipp

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on September 25, 2019, 12:21:50 AM
Austin Matthews is facing charges in Arizona- Disorderly Conduct-Disruptive Behaviour or Fighting from an incident in May. Love that leaf fans will have something to gnash their teeth about over their golden boy!

not sure if it's true but I have been seeing was caught mooning a lady...which is actually kind of funny - dumb but a bit funny...

https://deadspin.com/maple-leafs-auston-matthews-charged-with-disorderly-con-1838423668

Pigskin

Just a stupid move by Auston. Everything is on camera now. He had to know he made a stupid mistake 2 minutes after he did it. 

The Zipp

Quote from: Pigskin on September 25, 2019, 04:10:48 AM
Just a stupid move by Auston. Everything is on camera now. He had to know he made a stupid mistake 2 minutes after he did it. 

Probably less than that - depends on how drunk he was I guess

He will apologize - do something nice for the security guard and community and move on to the season

blue_gold_84

Flames re-sign Tkachuk to 3-year bridge, $7M AAV.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

With Point and Tkachuk now signed at or around the $7mil mark, Connor should be pretty close to signing. At less I hope.

TrueBlue75

Quote from: The Zipp on September 25, 2019, 01:26:35 AM
not sure if it's true but I have been seeing was caught mooning a lady...which is actually kind of funny - dumb but a bit funny...

https://deadspin.com/maple-leafs-auston-matthews-charged-with-disorderly-con-1838423668

Yeah, it?s not actually funny if you are the woman who has PTSD and a group of men are trying to open the door to her vehicle while she is alone...at 2 am. And then one pulls his pants down. This could have gone really ugly and dangerous for her very quickly. On another note, Kyle Dubas and the team found out about the incident on Twitter when the news was broken. Ouch! The golden boy is not so golden anymore.

The Zipp

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on September 26, 2019, 11:56:31 AM
Yeah, it?s not actually funny if you are the woman who has PTSD and a group of men are trying to open the door to her vehicle while she is alone...at 2 am. And then one pulls his pants down. This could have gone really ugly and dangerous for her very quickly. On another note, Kyle Dubas and the team found out about the incident on Twitter when the news was broken. Ouch! The golden boy is not so golden anymore.

Definitely true - the entering the car is far more serious than the showing the underwear.  Had he just walked by with his pants down likely a non event. Still think it will result in minimal impact to him and the team.

Pigskin

I would say, he will not be the Captain of the leafs.

TrueBlue75

Evander Kane likely facing a suspension after being ejected from last night?s game vs Vegas for abuse of an official... No word from player safety yet though, so maybe they considered the ejection enough?

TrueBlue75

3 game suspension for Kane. The guy just can?t seem to grow up and lose the hotheadedness. I really thought going to SJ would help him with that.
But seriously, what an intense rivalry between San Jose and Vegas. Could probably sell out the arena to watch Reaves and Kane go at it...