NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueBlue75

Knights, Preds and Leafs all knocked out in round one makes me very happy! I officially don?t care who wins the cup now as my most hated teams are all out. Loved seeing the Leafs lose AGAIN to Boston and Vegas fans finally get a taste of the lows of being an NHL fan.

The Zipp

The only 2 teams I would prefer to not win the cup are Boston and Washington...cause the city of Boston just has too many winners and Washington won last year...

lots of interesting combinations available.

blue_or_die

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on April 24, 2019, 11:59:52 AM
Knights, Preds and Leafs all knocked out in round one makes me very happy! I officially don?t care who wins the cup now as my most hated teams are all out. Loved seeing the Leafs lose AGAIN to Boston and Vegas fans finally get a taste of the lows of being an NHL fan.

Agree 100% on this.

Now for Carolina to beat Washington tonight and we can add to what must be officially the most backward playoffs in recent memory. That would mean all 4 wild card teams survived round 1, knocking out the top seeds in every division!

This is a very small feeling of "it ain't so bad" after the Jets' early exit. At least we don't have to put up with gloat from Leafs fans.
#Ride?

Stretch

Also agree 100%. I'm kind of disappointed that no one has updated the Leafs Wikipedia page yet to say that they're owned by the Boston Bruins.  ;D
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

drahgon

Agree with all of this too.

It's nice to see the Leafs fans getting a taste of their own medicine as I recall a lot of gloating and smugness when the Leafs would bounce the Sens from the playoffs every year in the early 2000's.

blue_gold_84

Craziest first round in recent memory. That VGK/SJS game last night was something else.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

bluengold204

Just watched the highlights, that 5 mins for cross checking... i dunno about that lol

Jockitch

Was thrilled that the Sharks got by Vegas in an exciting game.  The Major Penalty became a once in a lifetime scene of pumping in goals
The call on Eakin was downright awful bordering on one of the worst reactionary calls after the fact ....... believe it was called by the linesman who can call a major.

Regardless ....... the Leafs got bounced & Babcock, he's sooooo overrated, will be questioned on how he rolled his 4 lines instead of shortening the bench
Stars now take on the Blues ...... I'll cheer for the Stars but thinking the Blues will win in 6.    Want the Avs over the Sharks which might go the 7 games.

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

The 5 minute penalty that the Knights received in the 3rd period ranks right up there with the worst calls in sports history.

Cody should received a 2 minute cross checking penalty. Stastny another 2 minutes for interference. Stastny skate accidentally clips the players ear who on the ice as he is jumping over him and it's 5 minutes and the game is over.

Terrible.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

One of those worst calls in sports? Nah. That's an overdramatic response. It happened very quickly and the official called it as he saw it. To suggest Stastny skated into Pavelski "by accident" is spurious at best. Eakin delivered a cross-check and it led to Pavelski losing his balance, and then Stastny interfered with him and he fell to the ice, drawing blood. In real time, it looks like a much more severe incident than it was, but that's neither here nor there as the official based his decision off his perception. That happens often, especially in a sport as fast as hockey.

Had this been a regular season game, no way does this get the attention it does.

Furthermore, the Golden Knights could've actually killed the penalty and not allowed four goals. Let's also not forget they tied up the game late and forced OT. They had plenty of opportunity to win that game. And let's not forget they blew a 3-1 series lead.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

I agree that Babcock is overrated, however he does score goals or stop goals from entering the leafs net. Like Wheeler said it's on the players.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Colton

Quote from: Pigskin on April 24, 2019, 06:52:14 PM
The 5 minute penalty that the Knights received in the 3rd period ranks right up there with the worst calls in sports history.

Cody should received a 2 minute cross checking penalty. Stastny another 2 minutes for interference. Stastny skate accidentally clips the players ear who on the ice as he is jumping over him and it's 5 minutes and the game is over.

Terrible.

I thought it might have been Stastny's skate clipping his ear as well when I saw the replay I assume you saw, but there is a high res photo of Pavelski lying on the ice and the blood is pouring out of the top of his helmet.

drahgon

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 24, 2019, 07:22:24 PM
One of those worst calls in sports? Nah. That's an overdramatic response. It happened very quickly and the official called it as he saw it. To suggest Stastny skated into Pavelski "by accident" is spurious at best. Eakin delivered a cross-check and it led to Pavelski losing his balance, and then Stastny interfered with him and he fell to the ice, drawing blood. In real time, it looks like a much more severe incident than it was, but that's neither here nor there as the official based his decision off his perception. That happens often, especially in a sport as fast as hockey.

Had this been a regular season game, no way does this get the attention it does.

Furthermore, the Golden Knights could've actually killed the penalty and not allowed four goals. Let's also not forget they tied up the game late and forced OT. They had plenty of opportunity to win that game. And let's not forget they blew a 3-1 series lead.

X2, it was an epic meltdown by the Golden Knights that let the Sharks back in the game.

Fire101

The Leafs are a messed up team, they haven't even won one playoff round yet they have two players (Tavares $11 million, Matthews $11.6 million) making double digit salaries. And Marner might make it three.

As for the Eakin penalty, definitely a two minute but when I looked in the rulebook I agree with the referees assessment of a five minute major. The NHL rulebook reads: Rule 59, which governs cross-checking, "A major penalty, at the discretion of the referee based on the severity of the contact, shall be imposed on a player who cross-checks an opponent."

If Eakin doesn't cross-check Pavelski, then Pavelski doesn't rebound off Stastny and hit the ice and start bleeding from his head.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: Fire101 on April 24, 2019, 10:32:22 PM
The Leafs are a messed up team, they haven't even won one playoff round yet they have two players (Tavares $11 million, Matthews $11.6 million) making double digit salaries. And Marner might make it three.

As for the Eakin penalty, definitely a two minute but when I looked in the rulebook I agree with the referees assessment of a five minute major. The NHL rulebook reads: Rule 59, which governs cross-checking, "A major penalty, at the discretion of the referee based on the severity of the contact, shall be imposed on a player who cross-checks an opponent."

If Eakin doesn't cross-check Pavelski, then Pavelski doesn't rebound off Stastny and hit the ice and start bleeding from his head.

Imo this will change.

Like McDavid said....    when he got hurt...  they pay him 100 mil.  Well it jus shows that paying one guy that much screws ur team. In this day n age you need a solid team not jus one or 2 guys. That one guy even as good as he is wont win u anything.

Like i said i think we have guys that sighned for less money then they could for the better of the team ....   i think that will continue through the room.

Guys will go....  but i think we keep and have our core for years
#35.... The Godfather of Swag