NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueBlue75

Always nice to see Anaheim getting a beat down! 8-1 loss to SJS. I?ve got to say, the Sharks are surprising me.

gbill2004

Preds lost last night, which is good.  I was hoping the Leafs would get swept, but they won too. 

blue_gold_84

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on April 17, 2018, 11:35:08 AM
Always nice to see Anaheim getting a beat down! 8-1 loss to SJS. I?ve got to say, the Sharks are surprising me.

Ever since the trade deadline, they've been excellent. And honestly, piss on the Ducks. ;D

Exciting games last night. Loved seeing the Bolts and Predators lose.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on April 17, 2018, 11:35:08 AM

I guess Kane hasn't had a chance to infect the locker room yet, I guess... or maybe, just maybe, he's turned things around.  I haven't heard any "moneyphone" incidents since he was traded, or any tantrums or dress code violations.  Not sure it because there haven't been any, or that he just isn't relevant enough anymore to have them reported. 

Anyway, the wife is going to wear her new "Copp" jersey today, still need a namebar for it though ;) .  Anyone have a Chicago 88 jersey that needs a namebar?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Kings are out. Ducks are out. I did not expect a sweep in either series. Sharks will face the Knights in round 2. Should be a gooder!
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 19, 2018, 02:03:48 PM
Kings are out. Ducks are out. I did not expect a sweep in either series. Sharks will face the Knights in round 2. Should be a gooder!

Shucks. I wanted us to sweep the Ducks in Round 3.
#Ride?

theaardvark

If San Jose and Winnipeg win the next series... it'd be a heck of a Story for the West Side of the league...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

NorthernSkunk

Quote from: theaardvark on April 19, 2018, 09:10:13 PM
If San Jose and Winnipeg win the next series... it'd be a heck of a Story for the West Side of the league...

Lol.....some people getting ahead pretty quick eh

theaardvark

Chris1982

Quote from: NorthernSkunk on April 19, 2018, 10:00:44 PM

Lol.....some people getting ahead pretty quick eh

Yeah, lets not get ahead of ourselves too fast.  Beating the Wild were by no means a good measuring stick to judge how good we are in the playoffs.  Wild were not a good team, and they were out 2 of their top players for a large part of the series. 

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: Chris1982 on April 21, 2018, 02:26:45 PM
Yeah, lets not get ahead of ourselves too fast.  Beating the Wild were by no means a good measuring stick to judge how good we are in the playoffs.  Wild were not a good team, and they were out 2 of their top players for a large part of the series. 

Not a good team?  Im not so sure.

I think its more of how we played with so many young guys.

How many of our starters did we have out? Im pretty sure over the 5 games we had more starters out then they did.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

Chris1982

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on April 21, 2018, 02:56:59 PM

Not a good team?  Im not so sure.

I think its more of how we played with so many young guys.

How many of our starters did we have out? Im pretty sure over the 5 games we had more starters out then they did.

I agree with you on that, my only point was, I do not think the Wild are a true testament to how well we are going to do the rest of the playoffs.  If we play the Preds next, it is highly unlikely we can get 2 shutouts in a row, or win any games 5-0 like we did against the Wild.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: Chris1982 on April 21, 2018, 03:36:42 PM
I agree with you on that, my only point was, I do not think the Wild are a true testament to how well we are going to do the rest of the playoffs.  If we play the Preds next, it is highly unlikely we can get 2 shutouts in a row, or win any games 5-0 like we did against the Wild.

Oh for sure i agree.

The Preds are a different animal. Wont be easy.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

theaardvark

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on April 21, 2018, 03:43:21 PM

Oh for sure i agree.

Preds haven't won yet...  but I'm not sure I'd want to face an Avalanche squad coming off a big win over the Preds over facing the Preds after they grind out a 7 game series win against Col...

Regardless, lets hope they go 7 tough, grueling games with a game 7 quintuple overtime...

gbill2004

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on April 21, 2018, 03:43:21 PM

Oh for sure i agree.

I almost see the Preds as our Stanley Cup.  If we can beat the Preds, there isn't any other team that scares me in a 7 game series.