NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Nic16 on February 23, 2018, 08:31:14 PM
He should fit in real nice behind Sid & Geno, and make the PP even deadlier.

I like their chances of a 3peat.

I'm surprised they gave up depth on their blue line. Cole's been pretty solid for them.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

New_Earth_Mud

#35.... The Godfather of Swag

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Bob McKenzie: I am told the NHL has approved the Derick Brassard trade to PIT. Details to follow.

blue_gold_84

Now it's official: https://www.tsn.ca/brassard-traded-to-penguins-in-three-team-deal-1.1008739

The Pittsburgh Penguins have officially acquired Derick Brassard in a three-way trade with the Senators and Golden Knights. Pittsburgh also gets forward Vincent Dunn from the Senators plus Ottawa's 2018 third-round pick, and they get forward Tobias Lindberg from Vegas.

The Senators get defenceman Ian Coles, goalie Filip Gustavsson, a 2018 first-round pick and a 2019 third-round pick from the Penguins.

The Golden Knights get forward Ryan Reaves and a 2018 fourth-round draft pick (originally acquired from Vancouver) from Pittsburgh. As part of the deal, Vegas is retaining 40% of Brassard's salary this season.

Not complicated at all. :D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

TrueBlue75

Just saw on Twitter that Brassard was about to be heading to the Jets when Vegas got wind of it and helped to keep him in the east. Smart move but seriously what jerks!

From John Shannon:
So my question...why would Vegas take money on Brassard and help Pittsburgh? It appears otherwise, Brassard was heading to a western team, VGK got involved to keep him in the east.  As I was told ?Better to face him in round 4 than 2.?

Am told that western team was Winnipeg

theaardvark

So, VGK "bought" a Winnipeg boy for $2 mil, instead of letting Winnipeg get Brassard? 

And the league actually had to step in because the original deal was too sketchy?

Vegas is a real bad influence on the game of hockey ;)
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on February 24, 2018, 02:24:36 AM
Just saw on Twitter that Brassard was about to be heading to the Jets when Vegas got wind of it and helped to keep him in the east. Smart move but seriously what jerks!

From John Shannon:
So my question...why would Vegas take money on Brassard and help Pittsburgh? It appears otherwise, Brassard was heading to a western team, VGK got involved to keep him in the east.  As I was told ?Better to face him in round 4 than 2.?

Am told that western team was Winnipeg

LOL the Golden Showers are scared of the Jets AWESOME!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_or_die

#Ride?

Jockitch

Brassard is a big miss by the Jets ....... would also have liked Cole, as an upgrade over Enstrom.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

gbill2004

Quote from: Jockitch on February 24, 2018, 10:54:38 PM
Brassard is a big miss by the Jets ....... would also have liked Cole, as an upgrade over Enstrom.
Sounds like Vegas helped Pittsburgh facilitate the Brassard trade to prevent the Jets from acquiring him. 

The Zipp

Nash deal is done - seems like lots to give up but honestly don?t know much about these other guys

Rick Nash was traded to the Boston Bruins by the New York Rangers for forwards Ryan Spooner and Matt Beleskey, defenseman Ryan Lindgren, Boston's first-round pick in the 2018 NHL Draft and its seventh-round pick in 2018 on Sunday.

The 33-year-old forward is in the final season of an eight-year contract and can become an unrestricted free agent July 1. He has 28 points (18 goals, 10 assists) in 60 games this season. He has 799 points (434 goals, 365 assists) in 1,049 games during 15 NHL seasons with the Rangers and Columbus Blue Jackets, who traded him to New York on July 23, 2012.

Selected by the Blue Jackets with the No. 1 pick in the 2002 NHL Draft, Nash has 41 points (15 goals, 26 assists) in 77 Stanley Cup Playoff games.

The Rangers (27-30-5, 59 points) are last in the Metropolitan Division, and eight points behind the Blue Jackets for the second wild card into the Stanley Cup Playoffs from the Eastern Conference, entering their game against the Detroit Red Wings at Madison Square Garden on Sunday (7:30 p.m. ET; NHLN, MSG, FS-D, NHL.TV).

The Bruins (37-14-8, 82 points) are one point behind the Toronto Maple Leafs for second in the Atlantic Division and five behind the first-place Tampa Bay Lightning. They play the Carolina Hurricanes at TD Garden on Tuesday.

Defenseman Nick Holden was traded to Boston by New York for defenseman Rob O'Gara and a third-round pick in the 2018 draft on Feb. 20.

theaardvark

Sounding like Brassard used a NMC to nix the Winnipeg deal.  If so, I'm hoping he is golfing sooner than later...  still going to be annoyed at VGK for the assist on the trade, though.

Plekanec?  Not seeing the fit so much...  especially his age and speed...  Copp is doing a fine job, and Lowry is coming back...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_or_die

I'm not at all for acquiring a rental, but if we were interested in Nash, I'm glad we didn't pay what Boston had to pay!
#Ride?

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_or_die on February 25, 2018, 03:00:18 PM
I'm not at all for acquiring a rental, but if we were interested in Nash, I'm glad we didn't pay what Boston had to pay!
I agree
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!