NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Burrows gets ten games for being a dummy: https://www.tsn.ca/sens-burrows-suspended-10-games-1.991518

Ottawa Senators forward Alexandre Burrows has been suspended 10 games for serving as an aggressor and kneeing New Jersey's Taylor Hall, NHL Player Safety announced Wednesday night.

During Tuesday's game against the Devils, Burrows took a big hit from Hall. During a stoppage in play, Burrows wrestled Hall to the ice and appeared to knee him twice in the head while positioned on top of him.

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

New_Earth_Mud

#35.... The Godfather of Swag

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 08, 2018, 08:28:19 PM
TSN's updated Trade Bait Top 40 list: https://www.tsn.ca/jeff-skinner-joins-tsn-s-trade-bait-board-1.992343

Quite a number of big names on there.
Jets might be in the market for a goaltender with both Mason and Hutch suffering concussions. 

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on February 08, 2018, 09:22:37 PM
Jets might be in the market for a goaltender with both Mason and Hutch suffering concussions. 

Yeah, I agree. The team can't afford to run Hellebuyck into the ground.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Go Habs Go

Beat those Golden Showers!

Terrible anthem singer my ears were bleeding
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

The New York Rangers have traded forward Michael Grabner to the New Jersey Devils for a second round pick and a prospect (Rykov)

gbill2004

Quote from: The Zipp on February 23, 2018, 02:37:17 AM
The New York Rangers have traded forward Michael Grabner to the New Jersey Devils for a second round pick and a prospect (Rykov)
I read Grabner has 7 empty net goals this season so his stats are inflated. That?s a lot of empty net goals.

Jockitch

Lot of empty net goals ..... agree ...... but he is being used on the ice to protect the score near the end of regulation & somehow can get it down the ice.
Still is a fast skating player with a knack to score (minimal assists though)    good, cheap price for Grabner
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

Quote from: The Zipp on February 23, 2018, 02:37:17 AM

Really good trade for the Devils, IMO. They didn't give up all that much and gained a pretty good player for their playoff push.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Nic16

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 23, 2018, 03:47:49 PM
Really good trade for the Devils, IMO. They didn't give up all that much and gained a pretty good player for their playoff push.

Former Moose that IMO would have fit nicely on the 4th line, PK and for locking down wins when the opposition net is empty. A relatively cheap offer, and a possible inexpensive signing for 2018.

Wonder if Chevy was even interested??

blue_gold_84

Penguins acquire Senators forward Brassard for a first round pick and defenseman Cole.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Nic16

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 23, 2018, 07:39:57 PM
Penguins acquire Senators forward Brassard for a first round pick and defenseman Cole.

He should fit in real nice behind Sid & Geno, and make the PP even deadlier.

I like their chances of a 3peat.

blue_or_die

Quote from: Nic16 on February 23, 2018, 08:31:14 PM
He should fit in real nice behind Sid & Geno, and make the PP even deadlier.

I like their chances of a 3peat.

Hey!!! What about our chances of a 1peat?! Traitor.
#Ride?