NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Rusty

The Toronto/Caps series is pretty tight.

Kadri seems to be pulling his weight.

;D
As you ramble on through life, Brother,
Whatever be your goal,
Keep your eye upon the doughnut,
And not upon the hole.

dd

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 22, 2017, 04:22:05 PM
Yeah, it is.

Extrapolation of your anecdotal evidence doesn't prove anything. :D

Your claim the Jets were only a "quality NHL netminder" away from making the playoffs demonstrates ignorance on your part. The goaltending wasn't the only issue that took the wind out of the Jets' sails, anyway.
If you think Helly or Hutch are the answer, you sir, are the ignorant one. The Jets had a number of issues this year- injuries, poor defensive system, power special teams, undisciplined/ too many chintzy penalties, and poor goaltending.

Guarantee you, Chevy addresses this issue this off season and we'll have a new starting netminder to start next season.

I also think there will be some changes in the coaching ranks to address our special teams, and overall team D play.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Old Rusty on April 22, 2017, 07:08:39 PM

;D

Awesome .gifs! LOL :D

The Leafs have played really well in the first round, but I'm not surprised at how underwhelming the Capitals have played for considerable stretches.

Quote from: dd on April 22, 2017, 09:02:00 PM
If you think Helly or Hutch are the answer, you sir, are the ignorant one. The Jets had a number of issues this year- injuries, poor defensive system, power special teams, undisciplined/ too many chintzy penalties, and poor goaltending.

Guarantee you, Chevy addresses this issue this off season and we'll have a new starting netminder to start next season.

I also think there will be some changes in the coaching ranks to address our special teams, and overall team D play.

Please show me where I said that.

I don't think it's reasonable to write off Hellebuyck at such a young age, I've expressed as much, and most seem to agree. But I've already stated in the Jets thread Hutchinson isn't a good goalie at the NHL level. You'd know that if you bothered to take a look in that thread.

And Cheveldayoff has said he plans to address the goaltending situation in the off-season. That'll obviously help but the team needs to address more than just that in order to fight for a playoff berth next season.

But thanks for proving my point. A goalie like Elliott alone wouldn't have automatically made the Jets a playoff team.

Anyway, enough Jets. Statsny just gave the Blues a 3-1 on a huge goal in the third. Here's hoping the Wild get booted from the playoffs today.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Old Rusty

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 22, 2017, 09:32:13 PM
Statsny just gave the Blues a 3-1 on a huge goal in the third. Here's hoping the Wild get booted from the playoffs today.

Whatever be your goal,
And not upon the hole.

Old Rusty

Canadian teams' playoff status: Two out, two advancing, one hanging on.

Whatever be your goal,
And not upon the hole.

blue_or_die

Some great games yesterday.

Nobody is beating the Ducks in the West, though.
#Ride?

Jersey

:) Amazing feeling!! What an electric feeling in Edmonton and atmosphere at home games is not even comparable else where. You watch these games most fan bases are quiet during game play. In Edmonton there is CHANTS and CHEERING every 2 minutes. Though I knew to expect this as we are every playoffs we make. Its been to loooong to feel this way! You drive to the game and every single car has car flags and huge 3x5 flags waving from there car, decels etc.. its seriously unreal feeling. Going back for rnd 2. I have to!! There is another 2,000 ppl just in lobby of the arena who pay 80.00 to watch game on screen. There si a dj after game and ppl dance and party all night in the arena. God im need to work the corner to pay for this playoff run  :o :D

Respect to San Jose and especially Martin Jones. He really has changed my mind on how good he is. Five hole is his weak point other then that its all up hill battle vs him. We had to earn our respect from Sharks from adversity, grit, getting into those puck battles and best of all winning! To beat last year west champs seems surreal from a team who is 5th youngest in nhl and had 33 point difference with over half a roster not ever making the playoffs. It's been a successful year just making the playoffs. Everything was a bonus for me in playoffs to win a series, is just incredible feeling.

Ducks wont challenge us defensively or goal tending as much as SJ did. This will be a more high scoring series. Talbot will have to be huge for us. He has to be difference maker. I think we stack up vs Ducks greatly. Ducks wont be scoring those type of half board goal line goals as they did vs Cgy's terrible Elliot. But Ducks give us a tougher challenge vs there Offense then SJ did. So this should be a gooder! Both team's have  a legit chance to win this one. Oilers took season series 3-2. I went to bed smiling and woke up same way!!  ;D This is super exciting for a change haha.

OrangeCrush    Lets Go Oilers
🏈 #15 WBBombers #1  🏉 #12 GBPackers #87
🚨 #97 OrangeCrush #29  Let's Go Oilers 🥅
#27 Let's Go Angels ⚾ / ⚽ #7 Portugal 🇵🇹

Old Rusty

Quote from: blue_or_die on April 23, 2017, 03:02:08 PM

I don't care what anyone says, Carlyle can coach playoffs!
Whatever be your goal,
And not upon the hole.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Old Rusty on April 23, 2017, 12:30:22 PM

This is the greatest thing I've ever seen. :D

And the Bruins are out, too. Big win for the Senators. Unfortunately, I think it negatively affects the draft pick the Jets got for Stafford.

Quote from: blue_or_die on April 23, 2017, 03:02:08 PM

I agree, but I think the Oilers will give them a hell of a fight. That could mean one hell of a WCF.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Jersey on April 23, 2017, 03:10:54 PM
:) Amazing feeling!! What an electric feeling in Edmonton and atmosphere at home games is not even comparable else where. You watch these games most fan bases are quiet during game play. In Edmonton there is CHANTS and CHEERING every 2 minutes. Though I knew to expect this as we are every playoffs we make. Its been to loooong to feel this way! You drive to the game and every single car has car flags and huge 3x5 flags waving from there car, decels etc.. its seriously unreal feeling. Going back for rnd 2. I have to!! There is another 2,000 ppl just in lobby of the arena who pay 80.00 to watch game on screen. There si a dj after game and ppl dance and party all night in the arena. God im need to work the corner to pay for this playoff run  :o :D

Respect to San Jose and especially Martin Jones. He really has changed my mind on how good he is. Five hole is his weak point other then that its all up hill battle vs him. We had to earn our respect from Sharks from adversity, grit, getting into those puck battles and best of all winning! To beat last year west champs seems surreal from a team who is 5th youngest in nhl and had 33 point difference with over half a roster not ever making the playoffs. It's been a successful year just making the playoffs. Everything was a bonus for me in playoffs to win a series, is just incredible feeling.

Ducks wont challenge us defensively or goal tending as much as SJ did. This will be a more high scoring series. Talbot will have to be huge for us. He has to be difference maker. I think we stack up vs Ducks greatly. Ducks wont be scoring those type of half board goal line goals as they did vs Cgy's terrible Elliot. But Ducks give us a tougher challenge vs there Offense then SJ did. So this should be a gooder! Both team's have  a legit chance to win this one. Oilers took season series 3-2. I went to bed smiling and woke up same way!!  ;D This is super exciting for a change haha.

OrangeCrush    Lets Go Oilers
yada yada yada BS greatest home this BS ducks gonna get dominated. Get real!

Believe I'm even cheering for the Oilers because of my hockey pool picks. Talbot has been a stud for me. You gotta calm down with some of these crazy comments though. Guess you weren't at either Jet home playoff game.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Old Rusty on April 22, 2017, 07:08:39 PM

;D
LOL awesome Kardri what an ******* lol

GOLDMEMBER

Old Rusty

Ah, the Bruins.

Whatever be your goal,
And not upon the hole.

blue_gold_84

And then there were eight.

Great first round. Should be an even better second round coming up!
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Old Rusty

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 24, 2017, 03:00:34 AM
And then there were eight.

Great first round. Should be an even better second round coming up!

Yep - EDM/DUCKS should be a war.
Whatever be your goal,
And not upon the hole.