NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 25, 2017, 02:10:39 PM
No, it doesn't.

And yes, there are differences between clauses.

I understand there are differences, but do those differences matter when it comes to the expansion draft?  A no trade means just that, a no move means no trade and no waivers.  Regardless, Fleury has a No Movement clause (12 team no trade list).

* All players who have currently effective and continuing "No Movement" clauses at the time of the Expansion Draft (and who to decline to waive such clauses) must be protected (and will be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits).

Rule does not discern a difference between limited No Move and No Move.  Fleury has a no movement clause (12 team list).  If he chooses not to waive it, they have to protect him.  And you can only protect one goaltender.  Vegas takes Murray.

So Pittsburg has to move Fleury before the draft. 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

If you could post a source for your information, maybe you'd have a point.

Furthermore, it still doesn't make a one for one trade like you've suggested "workable... ::)
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 29, 2017, 03:47:41 AM
If you could post a source for your information, maybe you'd have a point.

Furthermore, it still doesn't make a one for one trade like you've suggested "workable... ::)

Pitts needs someone to expose - Hutch.  Trading Fleury away clears cap space, no one wants to pay a backup goalie over $5 mil...  there could be other pieces in the deal depending on how good Chevy sells it...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

NHL announces pre-season games in China:

http://www.tsn.ca/kings-canucks-to-play-games-in-china-1.710032

BEIJING ? The NHL will play its first games in China this fall when the Los Angeles Kings and Vancouver Canucks meet in Beijing and Shanghai.

The preseason games will take place Sept. 21 in Shanghai and Sept. 23 in Beijing.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jersey

Thx you finally jets for helping a win when Oilers needed it.   

Magical season continues.

McDavid will win art ross and  Hart winner. He's just to good
🏈 #15 WBBombers #1  🏉 #12 GBPackers #87
🚨 #97 OrangeCrush #29  Let's Go Oilers 🥅
#27 Let's Go Angels ⚾ / ⚽ #7 Portugal 🇵🇹

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

I think its fine, send the AHL stars... young guns tournament.  Juniors plus, as it were.  And aging vets might get a sniff...

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on April 03, 2017, 08:33:43 PM
I think its fine, send the AHL stars... young guns tournament.  Juniors plus, as it were.  And aging vets might get a sniff...

In other words, mediocre to lame hockey. Pass.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 03, 2017, 08:34:44 PM

I agree... Horrible idea.  I wont be watching it.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 03, 2017, 08:34:44 PM

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on April 03, 2017, 10:01:05 PM

I agree... Horrible idea.  I wont be watching it.

Or any of the other Olympic events... except maybe Curling, eh?

People watch the juniors... mediocre hockey compared to NHL level play.  And the womens.  This will be better than junior, and for the country, with all countries suffering the same handicap. 

I wonder if Ovi will still want to go, if he's playing against lesser competition...

dd

Ovi said he's going and he ll go if for no other reason to piss Betman off, and if Ovi goes for Russia, others will follow. I hope all the players go and puts Betman in his place

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on April 04, 2017, 03:16:46 AM

People watch the juniors... mediocre hockey compared to NHL level play.  And the womens.  This will be better than junior, and for the country, with all countries suffering the same handicap. 

I wonder if Ovi will still want to go, if he's playing against lesser competition...

Uh, no. The best athletes in their respective sport participate in the Olympics, both Summer and Winter.

The juniors are mediocre compared to the NHL...? Wow. Well, we know who doesn't watch the juniors. :D

And what makes you think AHL players can just up and go to replace their NHL counterparts? AHL players are still under contract of their respective NHL organizations, which means it'll be up to that respective organization on what's allowed.

If things stay as they are at present, men's hockey at the 2018 Winter Olympics will be on par with the Spengler Cup in terms of talent.

Well done demonstrating your ignorance yet again.

Quote from: dd on April 04, 2017, 04:33:19 AM
Ovi said he's going and he ll go if for no other reason to piss Betman off, and if Ovi goes for Russia, others will follow. I hope all the players go and puts Betman in his place

It isn't just Bettman who shoulders the blame. And players being allowed to go will be dependent on what a specific team allows. In Ovechkin's case, Capitals owner Ted Leonsis has already stated he'll let his team's player go if they wish.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: theaardvark on April 04, 2017, 03:16:46 AM

LOL    Holy hell man
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 04, 2017, 05:48:43 AM
Uh, no. The best athletes in their respective sport participate in the Olympics, both Summer and Winter.

The juniors are mediocre compared to the NHL...? Wow. Well, we know who doesn't watch the juniors. :D

And what makes you think AHL players can just up and go to replace their NHL counterparts? AHL players are still under contract of their respective NHL organizations, which means it'll be up to that respective organization on what's allowed.

If things stay as they are at present, men's hockey at the 2018 Winter Olympics will be on par with the Spengler Cup in terms of talent.

Well done demonstrating your ignorance yet again.

It isn't just Bettman who shoulders the blame. And players being allowed to go will be dependent on what a specific team allows. In Ovechkin's case, Capitals owner Ted Leonsis has already stated he'll let his team's player go if they wish.

Yes, I have watched the juniors.  Its an even playing field with all countries having a max age limit, but it is far from NHL speed and quality. 

If anything, olympic hockey with dream team players is less of an even playing field.  The powerhouses are always there.  A handful of favourites.  Without, it would be like the juniors, and anyone can win, with coaching and an emerging star... 

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on April 04, 2017, 02:45:22 PM
Yes, I have watched the juniors.  Its an even playing field with all countries having a max age limit, but it is far from NHL speed and quality. 

If anything, olympic hockey with dream team players is less of an even playing field.  The powerhouses are always there.  A handful of favourites.  Without, it would be like the juniors, and anyone can win, with coaching and an emerging star... 

Nobody said it had NHL speed or quality. It's not an apples to apples comparison, anyway. But you said the juniors are mediocre. You're entitled to your opinion, but pure hockey fans would disagree with you. Raw emotion and youthful exuberance are what make the juniors so entertaining. And because it only happens for a couple weeks, it makes for an intense and high calibre product. That's how it's markedly different in its quality from the NHL. How is it an even playing field, though? The top teams tend to be the same ones every year: Canada, USA, Russia, Sweden, Finland. How is it an even playing field for Switzerland, Denmark, Germany, Latvia, or Belarus?

And you may want to fact check next time you make erroneous statements. The last time NHL players did not participate in the Winter Olympics was 1994. Sweden won gold, Canada won silver, and Finland beat Russia for the bronze. Four powerhouse hockey nations without NHL players.

Swing and a miss, Aardsy. :D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.