NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 25, 2016, 07:59:33 PM
If Armia and Lemieux blossom into bonfide front line players or better than it has to go down as one of the most brilliantly and well timed trades in NHL history.

If they flame out completely, this is still one of the best trades ever...  Myers, Stafford and Roslovic... for the oft injured Bogo, #9 and goalie no one will ever see at the NHL level...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: theaardvark on July 25, 2016, 10:05:54 PM
If they flame out completely, this is still one of the best trades ever...  Myers, Stafford and Roslovic... for the oft injured Bogo, #9 and goalie no one will ever see at the NHL level...
no it's a great trade not best ever..... yet!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on July 25, 2016, 10:05:54 PM
...and goalie no one will ever see at the NHL level...

I wouldn't write off Kasdorf just yet. No question the Jets won this trade, though.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

Red Wings sign DeKeyser to 6-year, $30M contract:

http://www.tsn.ca/red-wings-sign-dekeyser-to-six-year-deal-1.532798

Well, there's some leverage for Trouba's camp.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 26, 2016, 02:48:03 PM
Red Wings sign DeKeyser to 6-year, $30M contract:

http://www.tsn.ca/red-wings-sign-dekeyser-to-six-year-deal-1.532798

Well, there's some leverage for Trouba's camp.

DeK - 234 games, 14G, 61A, 75Pts.
Trouba - 211 games, 23g, 49A, 72 pts.

Pretty similar numbers...  $5mil/yr for 6 years.  Might be more ammo for Chevy than Trouba...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on July 26, 2016, 07:32:52 PM
DeK - 234 games, 14G, 61A, 75Pts.
Trouba - 211 games, 23g, 49A, 72 pts.

Pretty similar numbers...  $5mil/yr for 6 years.  Might be more ammo for Chevy than Trouba...

If all you're comparing is point totals of defensemen, you really don't have clue. Stick to football, Aardsy.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 26, 2016, 08:14:26 PM
If all you're comparing is point totals of defensemen, you really don't have clue. Stick to football, Aardsy.
come on give the guy at least a small break! Similar numbers point wise is a measuring stick D man or not!!

Since your the expert, please why don't you educate us...

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 26, 2016, 10:53:39 PM
come on give the guy at least a small break! Similar numbers point wise is a measuring stick D man or not!!

Since your the expert, please why don't you educate us...

No, it isn't. A defenseman's job isn't just to generate offense. Looking at the advanced stats (a much better measuring stick than simply point totals alone), you'll see Trouba is considerably better, especially in his own end. Bearing in mind the contract given to DeKeyser, this gives Trouba's camp leverage simply because he is a better defenseman both in terms of defensive skill and potential.

At no point have I ever claimed to be an expert, either. ::)
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

Senators sign Hoffman to 4-year, $20.75M contract:

http://www.tsn.ca/sens-sign-hoffman-to-four-year-20-75m-deal-1.533553

Really nice contract for a productive top-6 forward.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

Red Wings and Mrazek avoid arbitration, agree to 2-year contract (no mention of money):

http://www.tsn.ca/red-wings-mrazek-reach-two-year-deal-1.533623

The Detroit Red Wings have signed goaltender Petr Mrazek to a two-year contract.

Mrazek was the only player taken to club-elected arbitration this season, but the two sides settled ahead of Wednesday's meeting.

The 24-year-old goaltender posted a 27-16-6 record with the Red Wings last season and started three of the team's five playoff games. Despite his 1-2 record in the postseason, Mrazek posted a .945 save percentage and a goals against average of 1.36 with a shutout to boot.

In the regular season, Mrazek posted a 2.33 goals against average and a save percentage of .921 while starting a career-high 49 games.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

With the new scrutiny on violence against women, this is not going to go over well with the NHL, or the Sabres...  abuse, strangling and death threats?  Sabres just opened up some SMS room, and space for a young player to help Eichel...

JMT21

The Evander Kane follies continue.  21 year old woman suing him for assault. 

Excerpt from today's FREEP

Documents filed July 1 in Erie County State Supreme on behalf of Rachel Kuechle Court say Kane met her in a bar, invited her to what he said was a party and then attacked her, causing cuts and bleeding that required multiple surgeries.

Jockitch

Terrible news for Sabre land, cuz I sure don't see him donning their jersey anytime soon ........... but more importantly though, that justice gets meted out correctly.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE