NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jersey

Quote from: theaardvark on November 05, 2015, 05:56:46 AM
... and with the first overall pick in 2016, the Edmonton Oilers choose....

LOL Aardv you're so smart... I love when u type, nothing ever seems to come out right.  Keep on hating baby.
"Who cares about oilers". Jets fan's , thats who. Lol. Only one's to always write about em . :)
🏈 #15 WBBombers #1  🏉 #12 GBPackers #87
🚨 #97 OrangeCrush #29  Let's Go Oilers 🥅
#27 Let's Go Angels ⚾ / ⚽ #7 Portugal 🇵🇹

theaardvark

Quote from: Jersey on December 10, 2015, 01:57:10 AM
LOL Aardv you're so smart... I love when u type, nothing ever seems to come out right.  Keep on hating baby.
"Who cares about oilers". Jets fan's , thats who. Lol. Only one's to always write about em . :)

Wow... that's your response to a *joke* from over a month ago?  It took you that long to put together that gem?  Wow, I am sorely overmatched.  You win the internet, sir. 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jersey

No I just don't talk **** month into a season. Nor do I come on here daily as it's off season. Way to show ur smarts as usual tho

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: Jersey on December 11, 2015, 12:59:30 AM
No I just don't talk **** month into a season. Nor do I come on here daily as it's off season. Way to show ur smarts as usual tho

To just be fair here.....  If YOUR Oilers were doing good you would be talking crap.  LOL

;)
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

Jersey

We are doing good. (4 wins in a row, 6 straight wins at home, 3 losses in out last 10, 3 pts outta playoff spot. Hallsy top 5 point getter, Drai top 4 PPG. All this without our mcD, Yak, Pouliot. We played also over half year without mcd, Eberle and Schultz)

I don't ever talk smack in nhl season as it's long year but I'll be happy with win's and consistency. Who wouldn't? I sure don't need to out other teams down because really what's that doing for my team? Worry about ur own backyard before expressing other's. Plus we have no right to gloat when we have a lot of work to do and become a real identity in this league. Oilers fan's know, we ain't there yet. Eventually we need to get bigger and stronger.

Jersey

I just dont understand Winnipeg obsession with hating Edmonton. It was loooong ago when they best jets every year. None of players play anymore. Winnipeg lost its team for years, rivalry is no longer anymore. Edmonton moved on I'd say in about year 1993.

Only Winnipeg holds on, lol. It's like oilers fans hating Dallas, we don't anymore not is it rivalry. Was amazing back in late 90's early 2000's but complete different era now, New blood in both rosters, just another game. It's not just this fan forum, it's many Winnipeg fan forums where I read such thing's.

Oilers will lose and have bad times again this year but it's how they react to losses. Are they gonna fold, or finally mature and learn to win together? It be nice NOT to finish at bottom of nhl and be laughing stock.

blue_or_die

I don't think anyone in Winnipeg is particularly "obsessed" with hating the Oilers. You probably just think that because that's where you live. If you go anywhere else you'll hear the same thing- which is usually a real good chuckle.

Aardvark didn't make that comment because he has this obsession with the Oilers, it's because this is a general NHL forum. There have been tons of comments made about other teams but you took particular offense to one because it happens to be yours. The Oilers have been the NHL's whipping boy for a long time, have been rewarded with first overall picks, and still haven't improved in the long term, and so you might see a snarky comment about them from time to time. Get over it...
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jersey on December 11, 2015, 11:32:06 AM
I just dont understand Winnipeg obsession with hating Edmonton.

This is just flat out wrong. Unless you have some actual evidence upon which to back your silly claim. I'd say 99% of Winnipeggers and probably 95% of the Jets fanbase don't give a rip about the FirstOveralls... I mean the Oilers. And I think 99% of Oilers fans don't care, either.

How about we keep this thread about NHL talk and not your insecurities...? ::)

The Canadiens are on a bit of a slide recently, having lost four straight.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on December 11, 2015, 01:54:34 PM
This is just flat out wrong. Unless you have some actual evidence upon which to back your silly claim. I'd say 99% of Winnipeggers and probably 95% of the Jets fanbase doesn't give a rip about the FirstOveralls... I mean the Oilers. And I think 99% of Oilers fans don't care, either.

This

And jus to add .... The Oilers are to irrelevant to care about.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

Jersey

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on December 11, 2015, 01:54:34 PM
This is just flat out wrong. Unless you have some actual evidence upon which to back your silly claim. I'd say 99% of Winnipeggers and probably 95% of the Jets fanbase don't give a rip about the FirstOveralls... I mean the Oilers. And I think 99% of Oilers fans don't care, either.

Thx we enjoy our picks of who we wanted 1st over all! Enjoy your first round exits, I mean Jets. If anyone knows anything about losing its city of Winnipeg ;) :(  Just saying...

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jersey on December 11, 2015, 08:35:55 PM
Thx we enjoy our picks of who we wanted 1st over all! Enjoy your first round exits, I mean Jets. If anyone knows anything about losing its city of Winnipeg ;) :(  Just saying...

And the best part is you're from Winnipeg and are not only a Bombers fan, but a part-time Jets fan... LOL :D

And at least the Jets can make the post-season and compete well during the season. Despite having a plethora of first rounders, the Oilers can't even put together a respectable regular season campaign. But keep partying like it's 1990. As a Bomber fan, I'm sure that comes easy for you.

The vast majority of people in Winnipeg don't care about the Oilers.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

Quote from: Jersey on December 11, 2015, 08:35:55 PM

We certainly did. Not finishing dead last feels pretty good. Not that the Jets know what that feels like..
#Ride?

Mike

Quote from: Jersey on December 11, 2015, 11:32:06 AM
I just dont understand Winnipeg obsession with hating Edmonton. It was loooong ago when they best jets every year. None of players play anymore. Winnipeg lost its team for years, rivalry is no longer anymore. Edmonton moved on I'd say in about year 1993.

Only Winnipeg holds on, lol. It's like oilers fans hating Dallas, we don't anymore not is it rivalry. Was amazing back in late 90's early 2000's but complete different era now, New blood in both rosters, just another game. It's not just this fan forum, it's many Winnipeg fan forums where I read such thing's.

Oilers will lose and have bad times again this year but it's how they react to losses. Are they gonna fold, or finally mature and learn to win together? It be nice NOT to finish at bottom of nhl and be laughing stock.

You're too young to understand.

Jersey

Meanwhile In Edmonton we have our ceremony tonight :)!!!!!!!!!! sather and all the greats!

Im not part time Jets fan, i dont hate the jets. Yes im bombers fan hence the sad face I put.

Mike you're around my age man... lol. I already posted about history. But there cant be anymore, its over looooooong time ago.  Until we battle in playoffs and re make history ;)

Jersey

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on December 11, 2015, 08:56:44 PM
And the best part is you're from Winnipeg and are not only a Bombers fan, but a part-time Jets fan... LOL :D

And at least the Jets can make the post-season and compete well during the season. Despite having a plethora of first rounders, the Oilers can't even put together a respectable regular season campaign. But keep partying like it's 1990. As a Bomber fan, I'm sure that comes easy for you.

The vast majority of people in Winnipeg don't care about the Oilers.
Takes a shot at himself, LMAO!

btw man, at least Oilers fans know what it feels like ;) 2006 WE WERE ONE GAME AWAY FROM THE CUP! You can party like.. AHH, UM, 1996? 1993? 1992? 1990? 1988? Ah nm... ;) you woluldnt no.