NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on June 16, 2015, 05:28:51 PM
Haha, right you are! ;)

I think Toews is the most complete player in the NHL.

I agree easy.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

BomberPride

a lot of Dynasty talk about Chicago, and already picked to be next season's champs.
What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?

GOLDMEMBER

Media is BSing us the hawk thing is a dynasty no doubt! 3 in 6 years certainly qualifies in my books any day.

Anyone who says nah it's not is just jealous.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

I see a lot of critics saying there's no comparison to the dynastic teams of the 70s and 80s like the Canadiens, Oilers, and Islanders, but that was a totally different time. Of course there is no comparison. It's like comparing Lemieux to Crosby... It makes very little sense.

In today's NHL with the salary cap and unprecedented parity, I'd say the achievement of three championships in six years qualifies as a dynasty.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Colton

Definitely a dynasty in my mind. 3 in 6 years is something we very well could never see again barring any big changes to how to league functions.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Colton on June 17, 2015, 11:07:24 PM
Definitely a dynasty in my mind. 3 in 6 years is something we very well could never see again barring any big changes to how to league functions.

This is true. And here's something to consider: the Blackhawks are the only franchise to have done this since the salary cap was introduced and only the second team to have done this since the 1994-95 lockout.

For the most difficult trophy to win in sports, doing so three times in twice as many years is impressive to say the least.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

BomberPride

I agree. I don't know of another well rounded team in the NHL right now.

blue_or_die

#Ride?

BomberPride

and now for the rest of the league...

there is no doubt in my mind that Kessel will be traded. Leaf's need some solid goal tending to stop spinning their tires, imo. Cam Talbot seems to be the name that floats around for goalies that can help a team. I see no reason to keep Reimer and Bernier... to me it seems the team seems to adopt the "it's better than nothing" with this tandem. After sinking 50 mil for a coach I wonder if they'll have the cash to upgrade that position.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: BomberPride on June 19, 2015, 02:32:02 PM
and now for the rest of the league...

there is no doubt in my mind that Kessel will be traded. Leaf's need some solid goal tending to stop spinning their tires, imo. Cam Talbot seems to be the name that floats around for goalies that can help a team. I see no reason to keep Reimer and Bernier... to me it seems the team seems to adopt the "it's better than nothing" with this tandem. After sinking 50 mil for a coach I wonder if they'll have the cash to upgrade that position.

To upgrade their goalie situation...? Well, that $50M for Babcock doesn't come out of the players' salary cap, so that shouldn't be an issue.

That being said, I don't think it matters what they do between the pipes until they fix what's wrong in front, namely on the blue line.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

NHL, NHLPA announce salary cap increase:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl-nhlpa-announce-cap-increase-1.315746

The league and Players' Association announced Tuesday that the cap will be US$71.4 million for 2015-16.

That's a $2.1-million increase from this season's $69 million, more than expected a few months ago.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Rhapsody in Blue

Bob McKenzie        ✔ @TSNBobMcKenzie
Pending B of G approval, NHL will go to 3-on-3 overtime for 5 minutes in regular season games next season.

Jockitch

Boooooo ...... the wealthy hockey players do not want to play extra time .......... fans should be seeing some quick finishes
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Rhapsody in Blue on June 24, 2015, 12:14:03 AM
Bob McKenzie        ✔ @TSNBobMcKenzie
Pending B of G approval, NHL will go to 3-on-3 overtime for 5 minutes in regular season games next season.

How ridiculous.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

More fun than 3 on 3 overtime, they are talking a 3 on 3 tournament for the all star game.  That would be hilarious, especially if they do it in half rink configuration. 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.