NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BomberPride

What an absolute farce that organization has become. I feel bad for the fans.

What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?

Rhapsody in Blue

Quote from: BomberPride on June 12, 2015, 12:21:39 PM
What an absolute farce that organization has become. I feel bad for the fans.

This latest crap makes the City of Glendale look like a farce (again), not the Coyotes.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Rhapsody in Blue on June 12, 2015, 03:01:00 PM
This latest crap makes the City of Glendale look like a farce (again), not the Coyotes.

Precisely. The franchise itself is not to blame at all. The City of Glendale's actions are disgraceful.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

royrdsjr

Arizona Coyotes seek restraining order against city of Glendale
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/arizona-coyotes-seek-restraining-order-against-city-of-glendale-201008932.html;_ylt=A0LEVzNNWX1VL.4AL2ZXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyMjg0cXZqBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDQjAxNjJfMQRzZWMDc2M-

I'm trying to figure out just how successful the Hurricanes & the Predators are in their respective areas as far as fan support goes. I admit that the Lightning are successful,so are the California teams for the most part. The Stars are also successful in Texas. Would a more objective mind grade the NHL teams in non-traditional hockey cities,besides the Coyotes & Panthers,& whether they should stay where they're at or move to a more viable location,or maybe better yet,the NHL contract itself down to a more viable number of teams?

blue_gold_84

Successful how...?

Do they generate profit for the NHL? Cheap ticket prices and package deals seem to indicate otherwise.
When a sunbelt team is struggling on the ice, is the fan support there? Looking at Dallas and Carolina this past season. It seems like fans are quick to bail.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

royrdsjr

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on June 14, 2015, 07:12:36 PM
Successful how...?

Do they generate profit for the NHL? Cheap ticket prices and package deals seem to indicate otherwise.
When a sunbelt team is struggling on the ice, is the fan support there? Looking at Dallas and Carolina this past season. It seems like fans are quick to bail.

The Predators do have a successful on ice product,& it helps that they are the only major sports team going on in Nashville during the winter season(& it was genius to trade for Carrie Underwood's husband when they did). They have no competition from the NBA or from college sports. The Hurricanes would have competition from the Duke Blue Devils,with the UNC Tar Heels going through a major scandal right now,that's one less thing to worry about. They do need to put a winning product on the ice though. The same would go with the Dallas Stars.

blue_gold_84

And the Chicago Blackhawks are the 2015 Stanley Cup Champions!
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

ModAdmin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on June 16, 2015, 03:00:00 AM
And the Chicago Blackhawks are the 2015 Stanley Cup Champions!

With apologies to die hard NHL fans, count me as glad the season is finally over.  Waaaayyyy too long!  :D
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

blue_gold_84

Quote from: ModAdmin on June 16, 2015, 03:12:25 AM
With apologies to die hard NHL fans, count me as glad the season is finally over.  Waaaayyyy too long!  :D

Oh, I couldn't agree more. The NHL season should be done by the end of May at least the latest. This nonsense into mid-June is too much.

Although, I'm sure I'd be saying differently if it's the Jets hoisting the Stanley Cup. ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Stretch

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on June 16, 2015, 03:19:01 AM
Although, I'm sure I'd be saying differently if it's the Jets hoisting the Stanley Cup. ;D

You mean "when".  ;D
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

blue_or_die

lol yeah, I watch from beginning to end, but man the NHL season just goes on forever. I was thinking about it last night watching the Cup ceremony and remember watching a Jets preseason game during/after a Bomber game in September and remember how different my life was then and how much has changed just during one NHL season lol.

Toews now has three Cups. Unreal.
#Ride?

GOLDMEMBER

I agree the season is wicked to long. I really didn't watch the final just FF it taped delayed.

Toews is amazing. It'll be interesting what there team looks like next year!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_or_die on June 16, 2015, 12:51:30 PM
lol yeah, I watch from beginning to end, but man the NHL season just goes on forever. I was thinking about it last night watching the Cup ceremony and remember watching a Jets preseason game during/after a Bomber game in September and remember how different my life was then and how much has changed just during one NHL season lol.

Toews now has three Cups. Unreal.

3 Cups, plus...

Winter Olympics
Gold medal ? first place    2014 Sochi    
Gold medal ? first place    2010 Vancouver

World Championships
Silver medal ? second place    2008 Canada    
Gold medal ? first place    2007 Russia    

World Junior Championships
Gold medal ? first place    2007 Sweden    
Gold medal ? first place    2006 Canada

World U-17 Hockey Challenge
Gold medal ? first place    2005 Alberta

That 2008 Silver Medal tarnishes everything (pardon the pun...)

Not bad for a guy that is 27...

ICYMI, Erik Johnson and Jordan Staal picked ahead of him in 2006. 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Stretch on June 16, 2015, 11:15:16 AM
You mean "when".  ;D

Haha, right you are! ;)

I think Toews is the most complete player in the NHL.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Michael ‏@Large_Soda
Waking up in a cold sweat, Mrs. McGuire trembles from the realization that the playoffs are over and now Pierre will be home for months.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.