NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Colton on June 04, 2015, 02:20:50 PM
Canadiens and Rangers fans in the arena wearing jerseys for their team have been forced to lose the jersey or be ejected. Probably happened with Wings fans as well. As BG84 mentioned the Lightning organization has been pathetic throughout the postseason.

It's beyond classless. This is a disgusting policy and the organization should be ashamed for this lack of sportsmanship.

Quite a snorefest of a game 1 last night. Apparently, the Lightning didn't watch the Jets' first round... You don't sit back and protect a one-goal lead in the playoffs.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: Colton on June 04, 2015, 02:20:50 PM
Canadiens and Rangers fans in the arena wearing jerseys for their team have been forced to lose the jersey or be ejected. Probably happened with Wings fans as well. As BG84 mentioned the Lightning organization has been pathetic throughout the postseason.

Pretty sure there are "Lightning only" sections of the arena, basically where the TV cameras pan.   There are places to wear your opponents shirts.  

It is a dick move, really.  Restricting ticket sales, and apparel choices goes against what hockey and competition is all about.  If anything, it creates a negative atmosphere, with home fans misbehaving towards the opposition.  

Sell tickets to everyone, and enforce the ticket back restrictions on excessive alcohol consumption and abusive behaviour.  Pretty simple, really.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Colton

Quote from: theaardvark on June 04, 2015, 05:08:52 PM
Pretty sure there are "Lightning only" sections of the arena, basically where the TV cameras pan.   There are places to wear your opponents shirts.  

It is a dick move, really.  Restricting ticket sales, and apparel choices goes against what hockey and competition is all about.  If anything, it creates a negative atmosphere, with home fans misbehaving towards the opposition.  

Sell tickets to everyone, and enforce the ticket back restrictions on excessive alcohol consumption and abusive behaviour.  Pretty simple, really.

They have claimed it is only in select areas(Club, Lounge, and one part of section 102 or something like that) but I have seen pictures of ushers/security making Ranger fans remove their jerseys/hats/etc in sections outside of those they claim are the only ones they will do this in (Not that it's even okay to do this in select areas).

From the sounds of it, it is definitely creating an atmosphere that encourages misbehaving towards opposing fans.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Colton on June 04, 2015, 05:27:03 PM
From the sounds of it, it is definitely creating an atmosphere that encourages misbehaving towards opposing fans.

Precisely. This is a poor business practice and only fuels animosity.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

buckzumhoff

I couldn't believe it when I heard it . How can they tell someone what they cant wear. Florida owners don't care how small of attendance they get through regular season because the teams are just a tax write off and they don't need to make a profit.  Chicago fans should litter the ice and make them look bad wearing Tampa bay uniforms.

blue_gold_84

I thought this was a joke... But apparently, it isn't:

http://www.tampabay.com/projects/2015/sports/lightning/bandwagon/

And I used to think the Lightning fanbase was among the best of the sunbelt franchises... :-\
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

Another biting controversy... ::)

http://www.tsn.ca/shaw-doesn-t-deny-biting-hedman-1.300845

TAMPA, Fla. - Andrew Shaw didn't deny biting Victor Hedman in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. He just doesn't want to talk about it anymore.

"I mean it's a hockey game," Shaw said Friday. "He's one of the best players and he's a highly skilled, big, strong defenceman with a lot of speed and he went after one of our better players.

"It creates the scrums, and just battle out there. I expect battles with him at the front of the net the rest of the series, as well."

The Chicago Blackhawks forward said he wasn't "going to get into the details."

The Tampa Bay Lightning's top defenceman similarly didn't want to comment on the biggest controversy of Game 1.

"Things happen during games," Hedman said. "I'll leave it at that."

Hedman shoved Blackhawks star Patrick Kane into the boards after a whistle late in the first period, and Shaw went after him. Upon returning to the bench, Hedman lifted up his jersey and appeared to tell assistant athletic trainer Mike Poirier that Shaw bit him.

"Everyone who watched that could see what I said," Hedman said. "If you saw that, I don't have to say anymore."

Hedman brushed off Shaw not being disciplined by the NHL for biting, saying: "It's hockey."

The 23-year-old Shaw isn't concerned about retaliation from the Lightning.

"I expect they're going to come out and play hard," he said. "They're a great team with a lot of skill, a lot of speed. It's going to be a long series."
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Gotta say I'm sick of hockey it just goes on to long!

It would be good if Chicago just comes out and wins 4-1 and puts a bloody end to it all!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

BomberPride

That won't happen, seeing as how they're down 2-1.
What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: BomberPride on June 09, 2015, 12:26:03 PM
That won't happen, seeing as how they're down 2-1.

Another late-game collapse by the Hawks. On home ice, too.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

Despite a brutal start, the Hawks find a way to finish. Series tied going back to TB.

In other hockey news, Glendale pulls a classy move:

http://www.tsn.ca/talent/glendale-votes-to-cancel-arena-deal-1.305250

During a special meeting convened Wednesday night that featured threats of a $200-million lawsuit and emotional fans wearing team jerseys, city councillors in Glendale, Arizona, voted to cancel the arena management contract that sees the city pay $15 million a year to the Arizona Coyotes.

What an absolute joke. Has that franchise even generated a penny in profit for the NHL since relocated from Winnipeg?
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on June 11, 2015, 03:31:09 PM
Despite a brutal start, the Hawks find a way to finish. Series tied going back to TB.

In other hockey news, Glendale pulls a classy move:

http://www.tsn.ca/talent/glendale-votes-to-cancel-arena-deal-1.305250

During a special meeting convened Wednesday night that featured threats of a $200-million lawsuit and emotional fans wearing team jerseys, city councillors in Glendale, Arizona, voted to cancel the arena management contract that sees the city pay $15 million a year to the Arizona Coyotes.

What an absolute joke. Has that franchise even generated a penny in profit for the NHL since relocated from Winnipeg?
has got to be the hardest team ever in north america to be a fan of. Bettman is laughable when he says it'll work there still. It's bloody creepy how devoted he is to that loser location etc, etc?.it's like he could die if that teams leaves Zona!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Jockitch

am sure Scott Oake wanted to beat Bettman & his smug face, when basically shrugging off Oake's question as if it is not an issue.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Colton

Really wish that franchise would just relocate. I'm tired of hearing about how it isn't fair to the couple of thousand fans who actually care. The team being in Arizona isn't fair to a much much larger number of people in cities that the team could and should be in. If people in Arizona actually do care about hockey, put an AHL or ECHL team in there. It will be cheaper for them and the abysmal attendance and support won't hurt the league nearly as much as the Coyotes do to the NHL.

There can only be a set amount of NHL franchises. The fact that one of those is wasted on the Coyotes is a shame.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on June 11, 2015, 06:38:44 PM
has got to be the hardest team ever in north america to be a fan of. Bettman is laughable when he says it'll work there still. It's bloody creepy how devoted he is to that loser location etc, etc?.it's like he could die if that teams leaves Zona!

I think he doesn't want to admit failure.

Quote from: Colton on June 11, 2015, 07:54:43 PM
Really wish that franchise would just relocate. I'm tired of hearing about how it isn't fair to the couple of thousand fans who actually care. The team being in Arizona isn't fair to a much much larger number of people in cities that the team could and should be in. If people in Arizona actually do care about hockey, put an AHL or ECHL team in there. It will be cheaper for them and the abysmal attendance and support won't hurt the league nearly as much as the Coyotes do to the NHL.

There can only be a set amount of NHL franchises. The fact that one of those is wasted on the Coyotes is a shame.

I don't think people in Arizona care for the most part. Even when the Coyotes have been a good team, attendance was bad.

Relocate the Coyotes to Seattle (when it's feasible) and move the fan-less Panthers to Quebec City within the next two years.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.