NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

royrdsjr

Someone on another board I visit believes that a Ducks-Lightning final is going to be a ratings killer,but I'm of the opinion that people watching the play-offs now aren't going to stop watching just because the Ducks & Lightning advance. Honestly they are stronger teams than the Blackhawks & Rangers,& they'll make a better series.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: royrdsjr on May 30, 2015, 02:43:28 AM
Honestly they are stronger teams than the Blackhawks & Rangers,& they'll make a better series.

That's simply your opinion. Any of the final four teams facing off in the SCF would make for a great series. Considering both conference finals went the distance to seven games, it's pretty nonsensical to suggest the Lightning and the Ducks are stronger teams than the Rangers and the Blackhawks.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

royrdsjr

The Lightning showed that they were stronger than the Rangers by defeating them & advancing to the finals,we'll see tonight concerning the Blachawks & the Ducks. My point is more so about people saying that a possible Ducks-Lightning Stanley Cup finals would be a tv ratings killer,& my point was that people watching the Stanley Cup now,won't stop watching because it COULD be the Ducks & Lightning in the finals. I admit,I wasn't keen on the idea,but both series going to 7 games changed my mind & I'm going to keep watching.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: royrdsjr on May 30, 2015, 09:09:54 PM
My point is more so about people saying that a possible Ducks-Lightning Stanley Cup finals would be a tv ratings killer,& my point was that people watching the Stanley Cup now,won't stop watching because it COULD be the Ducks & Lightning in the finals.

If your point was about TV ratings, why opine on the strength of a team? ::)
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

Wow... Those Ducks are clearly the stronger team. :D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

royrdsjr

Always have a back-up plan....& team.
One of the talking heads last night said that a Blackhawks-Lightning series would be Star Trek Warp Speed fast,who'll have home ice advantage betwen the two teams?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: royrdsjr on May 31, 2015, 02:54:13 AM
Always have a back-up plan....& team.
One of the talking heads last night said that a Blackhawks-Lightning series would be Star Trek Warp Speed fast,who'll have home ice advantage betwen the two teams?

Lightning get home ice advantage.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

BomberPride

Hawks absolutely deserved the series win. What a grind.

Bolts Vs Haws... did ANYONE have this down as a series final?
What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?

blue_or_die

#Ride?

True Blue

"Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful." - Samuel Johnson

blue_gold_84

Quote from: True Blue on June 02, 2015, 12:47:20 AM
So apparently Tampa is allowing only Florida residents to buy tickets to the Lighting games.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/06/01/bernstein-tampa-bay-lightning-ticket-policy-is-pathetic/

This has been ongoing the entire post-season since the first round against the Red Wings. It's beyond pathetic. Nashville did this, too.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

BomberPride

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on June 02, 2015, 01:35:54 AM
This has been ongoing the entire post-season since the first round against the Red Wings. It's beyond pathetic. Nashville did this, too.

this a thing??? I know there's a lot of clubs that try to boost promotion for their teams to try to get home crowd sell outs, as opposed to travelling fans...Wild come to mind to stop Jets fans from buying tickets... but none that I've seen to actually BAN outside fans from watching their visiting teams.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: BomberPride on June 02, 2015, 12:17:18 PM
this a thing??? I know there's a lot of clubs that try to boost promotion for their teams to try to get home crowd sell outs, as opposed to travelling fans...Wild come to mind to stop Jets fans from buying tickets... but none that I've seen to actually BAN outside fans from watching their visiting teams.

It's honestly ridiculous and just speaks to a serious lack of sportsmanship. If visiting fans want to fill empty seats and generate revenue, how is that a bad thing?

I didn't know the Wild were part of that group. Talk about classless.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

BomberPride

Was reading through my twitter feed last night... apparently fans wearing Hawks jersey's were charged $79 for a beer. another young woman wearing a hawks jersey was handed call girl cards and basically verbally harrassed.

Don't know how much truth there is to this, especially with the beer pricing - but if the Lightening organization has any decency they're going to address this NOW.

I know there's idiots in every fan base (Jets fans have been the subject as well)...but I guess the ones wearing the red jerseys walked out of that arena with the smile on their face.

Colton

Quote from: BomberPride on June 04, 2015, 12:30:17 PM
Was reading through my twitter feed last night... apparently fans wearing Hawks jersey's were charged $79 for a beer. another young woman wearing a hawks jersey was handed call girl cards and basically verbally harrassed.

Don't know how much truth there is to this, especially with the beer pricing - but if the Lightening organization has any decency they're going to address this NOW.

I know there's idiots in every fan base (Jets fans have been the subject as well)...but I guess the ones wearing the red jerseys walked out of that arena with the smile on their face.

Canadiens and Rangers fans in the arena wearing jerseys for their team have been forced to lose the jersey or be ejected. Probably happened with Wings fans as well. As BG84 mentioned the Lightning organization has been pathetic throughout the postseason.