NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

royrdsjr

Only in America,I'm watching the Senators-Canadiens playoff game being broadcast by NBC Sports Network,with the play-by-play announcing by Chris Cuthbert(that's how I know NBCSN is broadcasting the game,because besides calling CFL & NHL games for TSN,which you already know,he also calls NHL games for NBC/NBCSN here in the U.S.).

Rhapsody in Blue

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on April 19, 2015, 03:47:26 PM
LOL   ya i new that.

Was Aards attempt at a joke that makes absolutely zero sense at a all.

Maybe its just me. 

It's not just you.

galeforce

Quote from: royrdsjr on April 19, 2015, 11:21:02 PM
Only in America,I'm watching the Senators-Canadiens playoff game being broadcast by NBC Sports Network,with the play-by-play announcing by Chris Cuthbert(that's how I know NBCSN is broadcasting the game,because besides calling CFL & NHL games for TSN,which you already know,he also calls NHL games for NBC/NBCSN here in the U.S.).

Can we trade Dave Randorf for Chris Cuthbert? Please?

Jockitch

Quite the similarity, at least in my eyes. how the Sens game went & ended.
Awesome, truly great play from their goalie & the Sens take a 1 - 0 lead late into the third & then in O.T. stick side shot & goal for the Habs.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Rhapsody in Blue on April 18, 2015, 05:31:35 AM
From TSN:

Los Angeles Kings centre Jarret Stoll was arrested Friday for suspected cocaine possession at the MGM Grand Hotel's Wet Republic pool complex.

Las Vegas police Lt. Michael Mauntel said Stoll is being held at the Clark County Detention Center.

The 32-year-old Stoll is an unrestricted free agent after struggling this season. He had six goals and 11 assists in 73 games, his seventh with Los Angeles after five with Edmonton.

The centre helped the Kings win Stanley Cup titles in 2012 and 2014. Los Angeles missed the playoffs this season.

http://www.tsn.ca/kings-stoll-arrested-in-las-vegas-1.260263

He must be pretty distraught about not making the playoffs. Poor guy.

Quote from: trapper on April 19, 2015, 08:00:34 PM
This is a generational player we are talking about.  I see this in similar light as the Penguins getting Crosby.  They already had a young Malkin.  They did not have great goal tending.

With Connor...Eberle ... Hall....  I think they will do something in the next couple years...

Crosby alone didn't magically turn around the Penguins.

Quote from: theaardvark on April 19, 2015, 09:05:33 PM
Thanks to the CBA, they have him for quite a while before they have to worry about losing him.  If they build a competitive team, with him as the core, them why would he leave?  Edm will always have an advantage in signing him, both in money and term.

They have a lot of the pieces, some improvement on D, better coaching and a goalie and they could have something special.  They have the fanbase, they just need something for the fans to cheer.

How do you figure? With players like Eberle, Hall, Nugent-Hopkins... They work with the same cap space as 29 other teams. McDavid won't magically fix what ails with the Oilers.

Quote from: galeforce on April 20, 2015, 02:46:02 AM
Can we trade Dave Randorf for Chris Cuthbert? Please?

Or anyone not employed by Sportsnet? Such arid coverage of hockey.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

buckzumhoff

Nicholson takes job as ceo of oilers, coincides days later of Edmonton winning the lottery draft.

trapper

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 20, 2015, 01:19:55 PM

Crosby alone didn't magically turn around the Penguins.

Never said nor implied that he did.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Buckzumhoff on April 21, 2015, 12:09:32 AM
Nicholson takes job as ceo of oilers, coincides days later of Edmonton winning the lottery draft.

Quote from: trapper on April 21, 2015, 03:02:04 PM
Never said nor implied that he did.

Then what are you trying to say? And the Penguins did have great goaltending when Crosby was drafted. He's the current starting goalie for the Penguins.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

trapper

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 21, 2015, 09:08:17 PM

Then what are you trying to say? And the Penguins did have great goaltending when Crosby was drafted. He's the current starting goalie for the Penguins.

I am saying a superstar was added to a roster that had other really good young players. 

Great goaltending?  Fleury? On what grounds could he be considered great?  At best he's above average.  You look at his gaa and his save % and he's pretty middle of the road.  For the playoffs he's even worse than that.

buckzumhoff

Crosby turned the Penguins around almost single handedly.  Take out Crosby and the Penguins wouldnt have made  the playoffs .

buckzumhoff

Why didnt Nicholson go after a real challenge and look for a job with the Leafs. The Oilers? Anyone running that team as a CEO doesnt have to be a great hockey mind after 6 first round picks there waiting for them. Taking a CEO job with the Oilers is not much of a challenge in hockey.

theaardvark

Chiarelli in Edmonton to discuss a job...

They might be onto something there...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Nic16

Quote from: theaardvark on April 22, 2015, 07:08:15 PM
Chiarelli in Edmonton to discuss a job...

They might be onto something there...

Chiarelli would be a smart hire. Experience with a winner, has connections and is well respected.

Rhapsody in Blue

Quote from: Buckzumhoff on April 21, 2015, 12:09:32 AM

Nicholson was hired as Vice-Chairman of OEG last summer. He did an audit of the entire organization (including Hockey Operations) and was hired as CEO of Oilers shortly after he finished it.

blue_gold_84

It's official:

http://www.tsn.ca/chiarelli-the-new-man-in-charge-in-edmonton-1.265198

Peter Chiarelli was named president of hockey operations and general manager while Patrick LaForge stepped down as president and chief operating officer. In addition, Kevin Lowe will transition out of hockey operations but remain vice-chair of Oilers Entertainment Group while Craig MacTavish will move from GM to a role to be determined.

Big move by the Oilers.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.