NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on July 15, 2014, 05:12:15 PM
Ya, the FA signings by our central opponents are just brutal. They went from all being really good to really, really good. I didn't expect to to blow our load in FA, but regardless of our 'plan', being competitive got so much harder.. :-\

Yeah. The Jets have done the least by a seriously large margin. I really hope Cheveldayoff's got something up his sleeve... :-[
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

sweep the leg

Ya, the FA signings by our central opponents are just brutal. They went from all being really good to really, really good. I didn't expect to to blow our load in FA, but regardless of our 'plan', being competitive got so much harder.. :-\
Roy hasn't been very good for a few years now. His best point total in the past four seasons is 44.

IF Ribeiro has his head on straight he could potentially be a good fit playing with Neal. That's a big if though.

AngryGreg

you have to still be aggressive and go out and get players...this "plan" will never get the Jets anywhere
DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

Ziggy66

Quote from: sweep the leg on July 15, 2014, 07:54:59 PM
Roy hasn't been very good for a few years now. His best point total in the past four seasons is 44.

IF Ribeiro has his head on straight he could potentially be a good fit playing with Neal. That's a big if though.

in regards to ribeiro. He will dish the puck to Neal all day. He had his worst season last year which produced 47 pts and which would be top 5 in production for the Jets. the season before he produced over a point per game with washington. Ribeiro is a steal for what Dallas got him for. He doesnt need his head to be on straight to be an impact for some reason which is mind blowing.

I am not at all saying he would fit in with our team at all, but man did Dallas get a great bargin which will produce fantastic results for 1 mill.  I cant believe we gave that plug Thorburn 1.2 for 3 years lmao. Its not a horrible contract but still lol.

SaxonMiller11

Quote from: Ziggy66 on July 19, 2014, 05:19:11 PM
in regards to ribeiro. He will dish the puck to Neal all day. He had his worst season last year which produced 47 pts and which would be top 5 in production for the Jets. the season before he produced over a point per game with washington. Ribeiro is a steal for what Dallas got him for. He doesnt need his head to be on straight to be an impact for some reason which is mind blowing.

I am not at all saying he would fit in with our team at all, but man did Dallas get a great bargin which will produce fantastic results for 1 mill.  I cant believe we gave that plug Thorburn 1.2 for 3 years lmao. Its not a horrible contract but still lol.

I think you mean Nashville. Their signing of Roy, Ribeiro, and Jokinen should help them this year, and further ease Forsberg and Wilson into the fold.
Go Bombers!

Ziggy66

Quote from: SaxonMiller11 on July 19, 2014, 09:01:36 PM
I think you mean Nashville. Their signing of Roy, Ribeiro, and Jokinen should help them this year, and further ease Forsberg and Wilson into the fold.

Lol yes my bad. Was thinking of when Riberio and Neal playing together on the Stars a few years back and how they were pretty good together. at 1m for Riberio and Neal to be reunited again, disher and sniper.........thats pretty nice.

Colton

Quote from: Ziggy66 on July 19, 2014, 09:03:04 PM
Lol yes my bad. Was thinking of when Riberio and Neal playing together on the Stars a few years back and how they were pretty good together. at 1m for Riberio and Neal to be reunited again, disher and sniper.........thats pretty nice.

If he doesn't change his attitude, the Preds payed $1M to bring a massive distraction into their locker room.

I hate Ribeiro so my opinion on the matter is heavily biased, but you have to factor in that he was just bought out by a team that isn't facing any sort of cap issues.

Ziggy66

Quote from: Colton on July 19, 2014, 10:37:02 PM
If he doesn't change his attitude, the Preds payed $1M to bring a massive distraction into their locker room.

I hate Ribeiro so my opinion on the matter is heavily biased, but you have to factor in that he was just bought out by a team that isn't facing any sort of cap issues.

1 million for a gamble on 40 points plus, a PP quarterback and a guy who may be able to dish Neal the puck imo is a decent trade off.  If he doesnt pan out then you bury him in the AHL with no real worries about his salary at all.

I dont mind him. I have watched him play for quiet a while and enjoy his game on the ice. The guy is slick, can play hard and be a bit of a pest when he wants.

Ziggy66

[TOR] Maple Leafs Sign F Daniel Winnik [1 year]
1.3 Mill or something in that ball park.

theaardvark

8 years 72 mil for Subban?  Ouch...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jockitch

Subban got what seemed the proper rate for a "super star".
Good luck to him & mgt., should he falter & just be average in too many games.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

theaardvark

9 mil a year?  Is there anyone who gets more? 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Colton

Quote from: theaardvark on August 03, 2014, 05:49:36 AM
9 mil a year?  Is there anyone who gets more? 

Ovechkin (9.54) and Malkin(9.5) make more annual average.

In terms of actual salary, he'll make 7 million this year, and as much as 11M a year in a few years. The highest yearly salary belongs to Weber with 14M from 2012 to 2016

AngryGreg

after next season both Kane and Toews will be highest

AngryGreg

holy some team in Finland is offering Selanne 10mil to play next season....5mil just to play home games  :o