NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 24, 2014, 02:43:27 AM
He had a bad game. But the same way the Jackets stepped off the gas on Monday, the Pens did pretty much the same thing tonight. Coughed up at 3-0 lead pretty badly and were outshot the final 40 mins.
No sweeper is right HE IS a train wreck especially when he lets in one bad goal.  :'(

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

AngryGreg

Fleury is a train wreck

http://youtu.be/WQGz9UoKOKo

http://youtu.be/Ir7Ha6NqyHs

http://youtu.be/c8gMr0D2Pg8

dude screws up at the worst times lol
DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

Rhapsody in Blue

From TSN: Washington fires Oates, not renewing McPhee's contract

The Washington Capitals have fired coach Adam Oates and will not renew the contract of general manager George McPhee after failing to make the NHL playoffs for the first time since 2007.

The team announced the moves in a news release Saturday.

Oates, a former star player for the Capitals, had one season left on his three-year contract. This was his first job as a head coach.

"We are also appreciative of Adam's efforts and thank him for his devotion, work ethic and contributions to the Capitals the past two seasons," said Capitals majority owner Ted Leonsis. "He is a smart, tactical coach who improved the performance of several of our players. He is a Hall of Fame player who we believe will be a longtime coach in the NHL. We will help him in whatever way we are able and wish him well."

McPhee's contract was up. He has been the GM of the team for 17 years, drafting Alex Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom in the first round.

"George has been a terrific, longtime executive for our franchise, and I'm grateful for his commitment to the Capitals organization for the past 17 years," said Leonsis.

While Ovechkin has won three league MVP awards and again led the NHL in scoring this season with 51 goals, the Capitals haven't made it past the second round of the playoffs during the Russian wing's career.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=450491

AngryGreg

AngryGreg

well..thats all she wrote for the Blues

New_Earth_Mud

#35.... The Godfather of Swag

AngryGreg

Blues have been a top 5 team the past few seasons and have zero to show for it

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: AngryGreg on April 27, 2014, 10:07:14 PM
Blues have been a top 5 team the past few seasons and have zero to show for it

Yup....  Once they get to this point smallest things make or break a team.

Really good teams seem to gt there.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

AngryGreg

Sounds like Jagr has a deal in place to return to the Devils

AngryGreg

blue_gold_84

What an amazing first round. I really thought the Jackets were going to force a game 7 on Monday night. Needless to say, they really give the boring Penguins a run for their money. Regardless of who wins the Flyers/Rangers series, I don't see the Penguins beating either team if they continue to play as pitifully as they did in the first round. They continue to underachieve in the post-season. Ever since that series with the Flyers in 2012. Hilarious. LOL

The Blues lived up to their identity. Yet again. What a sad effort in game 6. It looks like the Sharks are no different in that regard, either. If they lose game 7 tonight and get eliminated, I don't think it'll be a shocker at all. I'd rather see the Kings move on to the next round, anyway.

The NHL playoffs are awesome! ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

sweep the leg

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 30, 2014, 02:15:58 PM
What an amazing first round. I really thought the Jackets were going to force a game 7 on Monday night. Needless to say, they really give the boring Penguins a run for their money.

When is the last time the Penguins had a boring playoff series?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: sweep the leg on April 30, 2014, 02:19:00 PM
When is the last time the Penguins had a boring playoff series?

I meant their style of play in the post-season. It's nowhere near as exciting to watch compared to the regular season.

And last year's ECF with the Bruins. The Pens were an utter bore to watch.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Wow huge night tonight 3 game 7s

I need SJ to finally close out for my pool team and an Avs and LA loss would hurt my buddies pool team.

I don't need either Philly or rangers to win but I'd like to see Philly win because them VS Pitt would epic.

Christmas tonight you're a hockey fan.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!