NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: AngryGreg on February 02, 2014, 03:39:24 PM
ya....and its stupid thinking

Im not so sure its stupid thinking. Why do you think its stupid?
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

AngryGreg

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on February 02, 2014, 03:45:20 PM
Im not so sure its stupid thinking. Why do you think its stupid?

to think that some person, 200 or 300 miles away from glendale is now going to run out and buy a Coyotes jersey because they changed the name from Phoenix to Arizona just doesnt seem like reasonable thinking to me....

do you think someone in Thompson is refusing to support the jets because there called Winnipeg instead of Manitoba?
DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: AngryGreg on February 02, 2014, 03:50:56 PM
to think that some person, 200 or 300 miles away from glendale is now going to run out and buy a Coyotes jersey because they changed the name from Phoenix to Arizona just doesnt seem like reasonable thinking to me....

do you think someone in Thompson is refusing to support the jets because there called Winnipeg instead of Manitoba?

Fair enuff.

I cant compare it to up here because i think it a whole different thing. People here are nuts over hockey so they will buy whatever and come from wherever to watch.

Will people come from all over to watch the yotes ... i really have no idea..  but i wouldnt call it stupid thinking on their part.

They are trying to do whatever they can to get fans... so i cant call it stupid thinking.

AngryGreg

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on February 02, 2014, 03:58:28 PM
Fair enuff.

I cant compare it to up here because i think it a whole different thing. People here are nuts over hockey so they will buy whatever and come from wherever to watch.

Will people come from all over to watch the yotes ... i really have no idea..  but i wouldnt call it stupid thinking on their part.

They are trying to do whatever they can to get fans... so i cant call it stupid thinking.

moving a hockey team out of a desert is the smartest thing they can do
DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: AngryGreg on February 02, 2014, 04:19:32 PM
moving a hockey team out of a desert is the smartest thing they can do

Now that i can agree with.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: AngryGreg on February 02, 2014, 02:05:06 PM
We hope the name 'Arizona' will encourage more fans from all over the state, not just the valley, to embrace and support our team

this is such stupid thinking

I agree. That doesn't seem like a sound business plan at all. The Coyotes have struggled to attract fans since they moved to Phoenix. Changing a name won't suddenly fix that problem. There is simply not a viable market for hockey in the desert.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theedge204

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 02, 2014, 08:32:14 PM
I agree. That doesn't seem like a sound business plan at all. The Coyotes have struggled to attract fans since they moved to Phoenix. Changing a name won't suddenly fix that problem. There is simply not a viable market for hockey in the desert.

I agree, the name is irrelevant, if people dont care, then people dont care.

and in arizona, people dont go there to watch hockey, they go there to get away from hockey really and to play golf.

Its just not a good market, to be honest, if it was, well... someone would have made 5 cents off of it by now and also.

This is a way for that group to tell the NHL they tried everything they could, even changed the name and still cant make a nickle. That team is so moving in a couple seasons, seattle get ready, they are coming your way soon.

people can talk quebec all they want or toronto... not happening, if those places happen it will be VIA expansion for sure... cuz thats big big money for the owners and the players would get none of it.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: theedge204 on February 04, 2014, 08:08:55 AM
I agree, the name is irrelevant, if people dont care, then people dont care.

and in arizona, people dont go there to watch hockey, they go there to get away from hockey really and to play golf.

Its just not a good market, to be honest, if it was, well... someone would have made 5 cents off of it by now and also.

This is a way for that group to tell the NHL they tried everything they could, even changed the name and still cant make a nickle. That team is so moving in a couple seasons, seattle get ready, they are coming your way soon.

people can talk quebec all they want or toronto... not happening, if those places happen it will be VIA expansion for sure... cuz thats big big money for the owners and the players would get none of it.

I sure hope there is no expansion before they get the teams they have now that are struggling on more solid ground. There are a few teams that need to be moved first and then they can think of expanding.

theedge204

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on February 04, 2014, 01:38:41 PM
I sure hope there is no expansion before they get the teams they have now that are struggling on more solid ground. There are a few teams that need to be moved first and then they can think of expanding.

phoenix and  floria definitely come to mind.

florida is already in the montreal toronto ottawa division so one would think that maybe if a team was to move to quebec/souther ontario that florida would be the no brainer.

theedge204

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=443206

wow. Thats some crazy scary stuff. Best of luck to Kris Letang.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theedge204 on February 07, 2014, 06:11:46 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=443206

wow. Thats some crazy scary stuff. Best of luck to Kris Letang.

That is beyond scary. ****... :-[

Wishing him a speedy recovery.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theedge204

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 07, 2014, 06:30:11 PM
That is beyond scary. ****... :-[

Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Guess things like this just proves it can happen to anyone. elite athletes in great condition and young people at that too.

Rhapsody in Blue

From TSN:

Ryan Miller and Steve Ott have been traded to the St. Louis Blues in exchange for Jaroslav Halak, Chris Stewart, William Carrier, a first-round draft pick in 2015 and a third-round draft pick in 2016.
Rest of story at this link: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=444922

Also from TSN, because of the trade:

Ryan Vinz is playing backup. Ryan Vinz is paid to be the Director of Technology.

Ryan Vinz is living the dream...

The Zipp

Wouldn't be pleasant to be traded from St. Louis to buffalo. I think the Blues will go deep in the playoffs...the sabres - not so much, golf course for them...

theaardvark

Quote from: The Zipp on March 01, 2014, 02:02:29 AM
Wouldn't be pleasant to be traded from St. Louis to buffalo. I think the Blues will go deep in the playoffs...the sabres - not so much, golf course for them...

What's bad about golf?  I just got a new mashie and niblick.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.