NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on July 30, 2024, 10:04:39 PMRumour was Necas for McGroarty, Perfetti and a pick...

Thoughts?

Completely debunked. These talks happen before FA, so there are pieces missing from what was reported. Either each of the pieces from our end were talked about separately in different packages, or there was more coming back.

I don't think it's surprising that we would try to upgrade our young guys into a higher end guy, but this "leak" was only a fragment of the discussion.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Chevy would never give up that many young players. Also, we don't have the cap space. Now I could see, NE27 for Necas.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on July 31, 2024, 04:04:47 PMChevy would never give up that many young players. Also, we don't have the cap space. Now I could see, NE27 for Necas.

Doesn't matter because he would have refused to sign here anyway, could be the reason whatever trade that was being talked about didn't happen. That's what happened when a deal was approved to send him to Buffalo. Necas said no. I doubt he'd refuse Buffalo but come to Winnipeg.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Jockitch

Good opportunity for Laine but of course the media will apply quite the pressure, probably beyond anything he's experienced, during the season
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on August 19, 2024, 08:44:04 PMLaine to Montreal for Harris.

Wow... Laine AND a 2nd rounder, for Harris, a former 3rd round pick in 2018 Dman on an expiring $1.4mil contract.

Not a lot of value there, guess Mtl has lots of cap space they can use...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Laine gets a nice opportunity. Pressure will be on him immediately in that market, though.

Yost with some good analysis: https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/travis-yost-patrik-laine-trade-worth-short-term-gamble-1.2163615

How Laine feels about the trade: https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/patrik-laine-looks-to-return-to-40-50-goal-form-help-montreal-canadiens-win-1.2163903
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on August 19, 2024, 08:44:04 PMLaine to Montreal for Harris.

Darn.

I would have loved a homecoming.
My wife is amazing!

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

It is absolutely insane how far Laine and PLD's value dropped.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Pigskin

AHL players will now have to wear cut resistant socks, wrist sleeves, and neck guard. I like it.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

J5V

Go Bombers!