NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhapsody in Blue

If the rumours about the Hawks players wanting Sharp gone are true, then no thanks. I'd rather have a solid team guy like Ladd than a potential cancer.

theaardvark

Quote from: Rhapsody in Blue on June 11, 2014, 03:17:27 AM
If the rumours about the Hawks players wanting Sharp gone are true, then no thanks. I'd rather have a solid team guy like Ladd than a potential cancer.

I guess it comes down to why they don't want him, and if you have enough "personality" on your team to make him fit. 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

SaxonMiller11

Gary Lawless has also proposed the possible buy-out of Mike Richards from LA. Richard's is open to the possibility of playing in Winnipeg. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.  ;D
Go Bombers!

GOLDMEMBER

Saw Toews at a restaurant today. Dudes not that big. Little taller same weight as me. He was there alone. I got my signed jersey confirmed from him though. A buddy got to signed for me and just wanted to make sure it was his signature.

He was pleasant.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Sharp and Richards would be solid acquisitions, IMO. Some respected and skilled veteran talent would help the stable of prospects and younger players on this team.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

AngryGreg

kings are apparently not planning to buy out Richards...but i think thats just talk so hes not distracted...im sure they will buy him out...not sure if we would want him though...he would be a 2nd line center here for sure
DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

SaxonMiller11

Quote from: AngryGreg on June 12, 2014, 07:05:20 PM
kings are apparently not planning to buy out Richards...but i think thats just talk so hes not distracted...im sure they will buy him out...not sure if we would want him though...he would be a 2nd line center here for sure

Scheifele, Richards and Little sounds a lot better than Scheifele, Little, and whoever is the third line centre next year, IMO.
Go Bombers!

AngryGreg

Quote from: SaxonMiller11 on June 12, 2014, 07:07:10 PM
Scheifele, Richards and Little sounds a lot better than Scheifele, Little, and whoever is the third line centre next year, IMO.

well Richards play has certainly gone downhill the last couple of seasons, a change of scenary could help him...and being close to home

Rhapsody in Blue

Congratulations to the LA Kings.

The playoffs this season have to go down in history as one of the best. Outstanding hockey.

SaxonMiller11

That was just magnificent hockey. Spectacular, spectacular hockey. Wow. Congrats to the LA Kings, no team more deserving!
Go Bombers!

Nic16

Awesome game last night.

The Kings, like the Hawks, are going to be very hard to knock off the hill for several more years to come.

blue_gold_84

What a game last night! OT in particular was just incredible.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Rhapsody in Blue

Quote from: Nic16 on June 14, 2014, 03:31:38 PM
The Kings, like the Hawks, are going to be very hard to knock off the hill for several more years to come.

Only if they are able to re-sign key players this year and next.

Nic16

Quote from: Rhapsody in Blue on June 15, 2014, 08:38:41 AM
Only if they are able to re-sign key players this year and next.

I fully expect them to make the necessary roster adjustments to ensure they are able to re-sign the majority of their core of star players. Add in the depth they have managed to build up and these 2 teams are loaded up for a Detroit Red Wing type of run.

And even worse news for the Jets is... the Blues, Avs, Wild, Ducks, Sharks, and Stars are right behind the top 2 in the West when it comes to team depth.

Chevy + PMo have their work cut out for themselves if they want to make the playoffs in the west any time soon.

AngryGreg

the Kings core is already locked up for at least the next 2 seasons.....Kopitar for 2 seasons, Doughty/Brown/Quick/Carter locked up long term, they only need to worry about Williams and Stoll after next year

If they buy-out Richards they will have plenty of cash to sign them both long term ...especially with the cap rise expected to hit 70mil this season