NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dd

Quote from: theaardvark on February 17, 2024, 03:08:10 PMYeah, hockey has changed.  Less goonery, more skill.  Faster play, more creativity, fewer career ending injuries, less axe swings at the head from behind after the play almost killing a player.

Has hockey become "made for the weasels"?  It has moved that direction, sure.  The dirty players today don't foil up before the game.  Want to watch UFC?  Go watch UFC.

Today's hockey is more about hockey, less about coming to see a car crash.  Nascar has made its "game" a lot safer, footbsll has taken out some of the most exciting plays because they were too dangerous.  About the only games that haven't implemented rules to make the safer are golf and soccer.  And you don't see a lot of blood in either of those sports.

5 games is not enough for a head hunting crosscheck from behind after the play.  No matter what the player did to "offend the code".  You blew the defensive coverage, you gave him the opportunity to insult you.  Want to defend your honour?  Skate in front of him and drop your gloves.  Cross checking to the head from behind is a chickenpoop move.

He should get 6-10 games on appeal.  There has to be a penalty for the appeal, like the delay of game after an unsuccessful challenge.

Your right, the cross check was a cowardly act and yes it definitely does deserve a suspension. The game has lost its honour. There's no reason the slap shot the puck into an empty net. It's unsportmanlike/taunting and should have been called. Reilly should have just skated up and punched him in the face with his glove on to send the message back to the player that he's crossed the line. By Crosschecking him across the face, Reilly crossed the line and rightfully should sit out some games to deter him from doing it again.

Jesse

Quote from: dd on February 18, 2024, 05:00:58 PMYour right, the cross check was a cowardly act and yes it definitely does deserve a suspension. The game has lost its honour. There's no reason the slap shot the puck into an empty net. It's unsportmanlike/taunting and should have been called. Reilly should have just skated up and punched him in the face with his glove on to send the message back to the player that he's crossed the line. By Crosschecking him across the face, Reilly crossed the line and rightfully should sit out some games to deter him from doing it again.

This is nonsense. You talk about honour and then say that a guy should commit assault because his team got scored on?
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: dd on February 18, 2024, 05:00:58 PMThe game has lost its honour.

Can't lose something you never had.
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a wretched timeline.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!

Pigskin

Ottawa and Florida tonight. Last time these two played there was 167 minutes in penalties.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pigskin

Red hot Rangers on a 9 game winning streak.

Pigskin

Watched the Oiler and Flames last night. Wow,  Oilers are a dirty, undisciplined team.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on February 24, 2024, 04:36:54 PMRed hot Rangers on a 9 game winning streak.

When did Wheeler get injured?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jockitch

TSN injured list says it was in a game Feb. 14th that Wheeler was hurt
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

theaardvark

Quote from: Jockitch on February 25, 2024, 08:52:15 PMTSN injured list says it was in a game Feb. 14th that Wheeler was hurt
So, 6 games ago...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!

blue_or_die

#Ride?

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!

Jockitch

Stars got much tougher to play against .......... Yikes