NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

OV not having a good year, at this rate he won't catch the Great one. 22 Games, 5G, 9A. I believe 4 of his 5 goals have come on the PP.

Ex-Jets:

Copp: 24 Games. 5G, 6A.

Laine: 16 Games. 5G, 2A

Wheeler: 24 Games. 2G, 4A.

PLD: 22 Games. 5G, 6A.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jockitch

to go along with your info Pigskin
Copp is 29 now and he is at $ 5.625 mill a year
Wheels as we know is hockey "old" and the Rangers gave him 800K while the Jets pay him $ 2.75 M for the last 2 years
Meanwhile PLD at age 25 gets $ 8.5M and Laine, who seems to have been around for ever, is 25  and makes $ 8.7M

Chevy made some correct moves on the above, IMO, and more big decisions will happen down the road
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

blue_gold_84

Laine out six weeks with fractured clavicle: https://www.nhl.com/bluejackets/news/blue-jackets-patrik-laine-clavicle-fracture

Such a shame. His career has taken such a turn for the worst.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

dd

Quote from: Pigskin on December 13, 2023, 08:57:15 AM
Berube fired.
Seems like he just lead the blues to the Stanley cup and now let go, wow, talk about a cold , what have you done for me lately business

blue_gold_84

Quote from: dd on December 17, 2023, 01:49:27 AM
Seems like he just lead the blues to the Stanley cup and now let go, wow, talk about a cold , what have you done for me lately business

Just? That was more than four years ago.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Jockitch

so do we couch potatoes start sending a few Sens players elsewhere ?  Course the NHL trade freeze is on, but start considering

Sens need defensemen and their overall team play has been noted as soft.
Other then Sanderson, Norris, Tkachuk, Stuetzle, maybe Chychrun and probably the injured Chabot .... the rest are moveable IMO
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

dd

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on December 17, 2023, 04:00:08 PM
Just? That was more than four years ago.
you can't win the cup every year. 4 years ago is relatively recent, and boom out the door you go.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: dd on December 18, 2023, 11:49:46 PM
you can't win the cup every year. 4 years ago is relatively recent, and boom out the door you go.

Who said anything about winning the cup every year? Four years can be a lifetime in the "what have you done lately?" and sometimes unforgiving world of pro sports.

In Berube's case, the Blues missed the playoffs last season after finishing sixth in the division. In 28 games this season, they were 13-14-1. I'm not saying firing him was the right move but a head coach is generally the first to go when a team isn't performing well.

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

blue_or_die

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on December 20, 2023, 06:19:41 PM
Nolan Patrick announces retirement: https://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/former-no-2-draft-pick-nolan-patrick-retires-at-25-1.6695474

Such a shame.

That's too bad. I remember being excited about him but he never really panned out to expectations. Health issues seem to have been the death knell. Poor guy
#Ride?

Pigskin

Pigskin

CB98 out with a broken jaw, after taking a shoulder to the face.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず