NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 21, 2023, 12:25:09 PM
He appeared to turn things around during the 2019-20 season but since getting traded, he's fallen off a cliff.

With the right pieces around him, he can be a lethal winger. He doesn't have that support in Columbus, though.

It was a major lose/lose trade for Laine and for us.

Especially with the benefit of hindsight of Maurice walking away and us moving on from Wheeler. I think Laine would have looked real good for us.

One of the bigger misses of franchise history.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on November 21, 2023, 12:45:33 PM
It was a major lose/lose trade for Laine and for us.

Especially with the benefit of hindsight of Maurice walking away and us moving on from Wheeler. I think Laine would have looked real good for us.

One of the bigger misses of franchise history.

He's not worth the most recent contract he signed, IMO. I also don't know if he would've signed for less had he remained with the Jets.

Not sure I agree with hindsight providing any benefit here. The Jets got Iafallo, Vilardi, and Kupari from the return on the Laine trade.
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a wretched timeline.

Jockitch

Columbus is probably not far from making some moves to help salvage or to discard the season
Guessing their GM is on thin ice

Guessing that Boston must get quite a few offers for Swayman &/or Ullmark, the Ducks about Gibson
Leafs, Oilers, Hurricanes, Devils come to mind in, perhaps, needing the Cup drive upgrade and I feel why wait till trade deadline
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

I have to think Holland is on thin ice in Edmonton, too. What a disastrous season for the Oilers.
#forthew
лава Україні!

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 23, 2023, 01:13:24 PM
I have to think Holland is on thin ice in Edmonton, too. What a disastrous season for the Oilers.

Yes, Oilers are a mess.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

Sounds like Dean Evason is on the hot, hot seat right now with the Wild after they lost their seventh straight to the Red Wings.

;D
#forthew
лава Україні!

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 27, 2023, 07:41:43 PM
Sounds like Dean Evason is on the hot, hot seat right now with the Wild after they lost their seventh straight to the Red Wings.

;D

Yes, the Wild have fired him.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!

Pigskin

Just watched some highlights from the Panthers/Sens game last night. The Tkachuk brothers were in fine forum.

blue_gold_84

F Corey Perry has been placed on unconditional waivers by the Chicago Blackhawks for the purpose of contract termination: https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/chicago-blackhawks-put-corey-perry-on-waivers-for-purposes-of-contract-termination-1.2041791

Sounds like he violated the team's code of conduct. The rumour mill's already on full blast. LOL :D
#forthew
лава Україні!

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 28, 2023, 07:51:36 PM
F Corey Perry has been placed on unconditional waivers by the Chicago Blackhawks for the purpose of contract termination: https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/chicago-blackhawks-put-corey-perry-on-waivers-for-purposes-of-contract-termination-1.2041791

Sounds like he violated the team's code of conduct. The rumour mill's already on full blast. LOL :D

That was certainly a rabbit hole of a google search...
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Sounds like he mite have got into a fight with a Blackhawks employee.

Pigskin

blue_gold_84

David Krejci has announced his retirement from professional hockey due to health issues.
#forthew
лава Україні!