NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/why-the-24-team-play-in-tournament-is-the-best-option-if-the-nhl-resumes-the-2019-20-season

Personally, I think the NHL is done for a while but we shall see what Bettman and co. pull out their rears to keep their sports machine going this year.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_or_die

Shocking. All the hockey players I grew up around were always such stand up citizens who would never act misogynistically..
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Looks like the Capitals have placed Leipsic on waivers for the purposes of contract termination.

May he never adorn the NHL crest again. Good riddance.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Stupid move on his behalf weather he thought it was private or not. However he made a bone head mistake and will get around chance in the NHL in time. It will be interesting to see where this will go.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

AHL officially cancels remainder of 2019-20 season and playoffs. Not sure if or how this could have any effect on the NHL's plans.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

dd

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 08, 2020, 03:19:31 PM
Looks like the Capitals have placed Leipsic on waivers for the purposes of contract termination.

May he never adorn the NHL crest again. Good riddance.
Hey, the guy made a stupid,  childish mistake, everybody does. He shouldn?t be banished from the league, heck, professional sports is full of guys who have raped, physically abused their spouse, routinely cheat o their spouse, do drugs and are alcoholics, the guy deserves a second chance just like everyone else gets to get it right.

ModAdmin

Quote from: dd on May 17, 2020, 01:34:24 AM
Hey, the guy made a stupid,  childish mistake, everybody does. He shouldn?t be banished from the league, heck, professional sports is full of guys who have raped, physically abused their spouse, routinely cheat o their spouse, do drugs and are alcoholics, the guy deserves a second chance just like everyone else gets to get it right.

If he worked in any other field, he would, in all likelihood, be fired.  People who take advantage of and ridicule/insult/demean other people deserve to get canned.  Calling it a "stupid, childish mistake" is minimizing and close to excusing his statements.  He deserved precisely what he got.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

dd

I m not excusing it but just saying that he probably said a few things in private that he never would have said had he known it was going to go public?we all have. Is it right, no, but I m not going to go over the top and hang a guy for something just about everybody has done. That would be hypocritical.

In Motion

Well, I sure hope it's not something "just about every other guy has done."
You sound like Trump!

I'm a woman btw... but I would give this player another chance after a 1-yr suspension
and sensitivity training. He's not a 13-yr old, but acted like one. You want players on a team
who are men, not boys.

It's possible he'll be made the scapegoat and be blacklisted. Maybe it will take this kind of a severe
deterrent (the loss of a career worth millions) to get future NHL players to behave?

dd

Quote from: In Motion on May 18, 2020, 01:02:18 AM
Well, I sure hope it's not something "just about every other guy has done."
You sound like Trump!

I'm a woman btw... but I would give this player another chance after a 1-yr suspension
and sensitivity training. He's not a 13-yr old, but acted like one. You want players on a team
who are men, not boys.

It's possible he'll be made the scapegoat and be blacklisted. Maybe it will take this kind of a severe
deterrent (the loss of a career worth millions) to get future NHL players to behave?

I never said ?just about every Other guy has said? you did, I said everyone one has done, meaning both men and women. Just look in website forums how brutal people are with one another under the cloak of anonymity. Cyber Keyboard Cowards are all of a sudden ruthless?Heck, just look at this forum. Posters just slam others and are just as bad if not worse than what he said. Not saying it?s right but this goes on all the time, it?s only because he?s a pro hockey player that people are going nuts. And his indiscretion is hardly worthy of suspension. He hasn?t physically assaulted anyone, didn?t drive drinking kill anyone , isn?t doing or selling drugs, etc. It wasn?t that long ago that pro athletes were drunk or high driving get caught and walked away as if nothing happened. Now a guy gets caught in a private cyber conversation and we want to suspend him. Get serious .

Colton

Quote from: dd on May 17, 2020, 03:09:17 PM
I m not excusing it but just saying that he probably said a few things in private that he never would have said had he known it was going to go public?we all have. Is it right, no, but I m not going to go over the top and hang a guy for something just about everybody has done. That would be hypocritical.

He treats women the same way in public as well.

dd

I suspected that, but didn?t know for sure. Pro athletes live in a different world?they are coddled their whole life, worshipped and adored by fans , paid millions to play a stupid game, and then they get ?lost? in their big league lives, think their something special/better than everyone else. People expecting them to play by us common folk rules are dreaming in technicolor. I hope the team holds him accountable-professionals should act like professionals .  I ve never heard of this guy before he did this so he may not be worth the trouble.

bluengold204

Quote from: dd on May 18, 2020, 03:20:25 AM
I never said ?just about every Other guy has said? you did, I said everyone one has done, meaning both men and women. Just look in website forums how brutal people are with one another under the cloak of anonymity. Cyber Keyboard Cowards are all of a sudden ruthless?Heck, just look at this forum. Posters just slam others and are just as bad if not worse than what he said. Not saying it?s right but this goes on all the time, it?s only because he?s a pro hockey player that people are going nuts. And his indiscretion is hardly worthy of suspension. He hasn?t physically assaulted anyone, didn?t drive drinking kill anyone , isn?t doing or selling drugs, etc. It wasn?t that long ago that pro athletes were drunk or high driving get caught and walked away as if nothing happened. Now a guy gets caught in a private cyber conversation and we want to suspend him. Get serious .

I agree with you he shouldn't be kicked off the team or blacklisted.  A suspension/fine seems like a worthy punishment, dunno if I would go a whole season as someone suggested but at least 10 games.  Unfortuately the fact of the matter is he is a fringe player that the Caps can do without so they took the easy public appeasing route and put him on waivers.  I doubt any other team will pick them up due to the bad publicity, but I would wager good money if this kid was an upper echelon talent he would have faced a far less severe punishment.