NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

6 years $5.5 per to play at home... nice.  That's like $100 mil $CAN... ;)

Same deal as Ladd... pretty good value if Drouin can handle the pressure of playing in Mtl
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on June 15, 2017, 10:18:44 PM
6 years $5.5 per to play at home... nice.  That's like $100 mil $CAN... ;)

Same deal as Ladd... pretty good value if Drouin can handle the pressure of playing in Mtl

Same AAV, but a year less. Ladd's deal with the Islanders last year was 7 years for $38.5M.

In any case, that's a nice payday for a 22-year old.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

Great addition to the Bolts with Sergachev ....... the kid performed real well in the games I watched during his teams road to the Memorial win.
Would love to have seen this young, potential, future star in a Jets uni.

Agree about the pressure on Drouin now ....... on paper that is a real good addition to the Habs top 6.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

Mike Smith to the Flames: http://www.tsn.ca/flames-agree-to-terms-with-coyotes-to-acquire-g-smith-1.781917

The Calgary Flames have agreed to acquire veteran goalie Mike Smith from the Arizona Coyotes in exchange for prospect Brandon Hickey, goalie Chad Johnson and a conditional third-round pick...
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

What's the depth for Arizona in goal ?
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

LV will have to take 30 players in the expansion draft.  They have already drafted players, and have signed FA's, and will be drafting this season as well. 

My question is, what is the team maximum for contracts on the books?  Dropping 30 contracts onto the team, I don;t think there is any problem avoiding the cap, might be an issue with the floor, but keeping the flexibility of contracts, how close are they are to the max there, are there going to be limits on the "take this guy and we'll give you this guy as well" deals?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: theaardvark on June 19, 2017, 05:49:48 PM
LV will have to take 30 players in the expansion draft.  They have already drafted players, and have signed FA's, and will be drafting this season as well. 

My question is, what is the team maximum for contracts on the books?  Dropping 30 contracts onto the team, I don;t think there is any problem avoiding the cap, might be an issue with the floor, but keeping the flexibility of contracts, how close are they are to the max there, are there going to be limits on the "take this guy and we'll give you this guy as well" deals?

they haven't drafted a soul yet.

theaardvark

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on June 19, 2017, 07:42:43 PM
they haven't drafted a soul yet.

My bad, confused with the Ottawa expansion when the RB's could draft a year early...  but they have signed some, right?

gbill2004

Quote from: theaardvark on June 19, 2017, 08:47:45 PM
My bad, confused with the Ottawa expansion when the RB's could draft a year early...  but they have signed some, right?
They've signed like one player.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: theaardvark on June 19, 2017, 08:47:45 PM
you get the Jets and bombers confused sometimes right?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on June 20, 2017, 11:14:50 AM
They've signed like one player.

Correct. Reid Duke was the first player to be signed by Vegas, back on Mar. 6th.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on June 20, 2017, 04:56:41 PM
Correct. Reid Duke was the first player to be signed by Vegas, back on Mar. 6th.

Didn't they sign a Russian?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/golden-knights-sign-vadim-shipachyov-1.4100661

theaardvark

blue_gold_84

Hardly newsworthy signings but okay, two more players... ::)

Good on ya for digging through the interwebs, Aardsy.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.