NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jersey

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on April 23, 2017, 11:50:45 PM
yada yada yada BS greatest home this BS ducks gonna get dominated. Get real!

Believe I'm even cheering for the Oilers because of my hockey pool picks. Talbot has been a stud for me. You gotta calm down with some of these crazy comments though. Guess you weren't at either Jet home playoff game.
Wow.. Calm down about what?  BTW, where did I say Oilers will dominate ducks? I gave different aspects of ducks game respect and challenge to young oilers and said both teams have a shot. Ducks play 2 1 2 system defensively and play loose for the fact of there strong transition game. But it bolds well for Oilers to take advantage of that with puck control and positioning.

This is not Jets thread, so I'm talk Oilers here loud n proud if I like. You can disagree like all year but it really don't matter.

Oilers atmosphere is getting alot of attention just like whiteout did. But this city didn't have party like atmosphere in arena' after game in a winter garden or 2000 ppl watching for 80.00 to be in the arena simply becuz mts doesn't have one, that's all. So I'm just commenting about my experience. Sheesh. Aswell jets fans did not have car flags hanging off there cars like in Edmonton. I'm telling you from experience in BOTH cities. You can ignore it if you like. Just talking about the vibe. One thing I love about Rogers place we get to watch post game coaches conferencet through glass. If you notice why u hear oilers fans in background in post game sportsnet.

Yes I went to game 4 of Jets VS ducks series upper deck row 9!

I never mentioned jets because they're not in playoffs. If you would ask me what I think of Wpg atmosphere... .I'd rate Jets fans loudest fans in regular season, I been to many nhl arena's. Playoffs jets fans can rival Oilers atmosphere, forsure. I'm not bias, I'll state truth whether ppl get mad or hate it.

You seem butt hurt if I say anything about Oilers but im simply just stating obvious. It's by far loudest NHL arena from start to finish in playoffs. Orange Crush had really caught on.  

Glad you caught on to picking Oilers. 😂 😉 just teasing don't get upset. P. S. Like the caps VS pens series. That'll be gold.

🏈 #15 WBBombers #1  🏉 #12 GBPackers #87
🚨 #97 OrangeCrush #29  Let's Go Oilers 🥅
#27 Let's Go Angels ⚾ / ⚽ #7 Portugal 🇵🇹

blue_gold_84

Save the bickering, fellas. Let's focus on the hockey still being played.

Besides, anecdotal evidence isn't proof of anything, anyway.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jersey

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 24, 2017, 05:38:11 AM
Save the bickering, fellas. Let's focus on the hockey still being played.

Besides, anecdotal evidence isn't proof of anything, anyway.
Nope now that you said that we are louder then Winnipeg 😉

Seriously tho. Who is everyone picking?
ANA VS Edm
StL VS Nash
Wash VS Pitts
OTT VS NYR
I'm cheering Ottawa in east since start

I'll take Edmonton, Nashville, Pittsburgh (I wanna be wrong), NYRangers
🏈 #15 WBBombers #1  🏉 #12 GBPackers #87
🚨 #97 OrangeCrush #29  Let's Go Oilers 🥅
#27 Let's Go Angels ⚾ / ⚽ #7 Portugal 🇵🇹

blue_gold_84

Kovalchuk eyeing return to the NHL, but it's a bit of a complicated situation:

http://www.tsn.ca/the-issues-at-play-in-kovalchuk-s-potential-nhl-return-1.732604

Kinda surprised he wants to return at the age of 34.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 24, 2017, 04:25:14 PM
Kovalchuk eyeing return to the NHL, but it's a bit of a complicated situation:

http://www.tsn.ca/the-issues-at-play-in-kovalchuk-s-potential-nhl-return-1.732604

Kinda surprised he wants to return at the age of 34.

Isn't NJ dealing with his cap hit still?  That report says he had 12 years and $77 mil remaining on his 15 year deal signed in 2010.  NJ has his rights, what would they be required to pay him?  League min?  What his old deal was for?  It sounds like he has no bargaining rights...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on April 24, 2017, 05:04:09 PM
Isn't NJ dealing with his cap hit still?  That report says he had 12 years and $77 mil remaining on his 15 year deal signed in 2010.  NJ has his rights, what would they be required to pay him?  League min?  What his old deal was for?  It sounds like he has no bargaining rights...

He basically doesn't. His status is technically retired, so he'd have to return to the Devils in order to play in the NHL again. From there, the Devils would have to be willing to negotiate with another team to make a trade.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

Quote from: Jersey on April 24, 2017, 01:29:57 PM
Nope now that you said that we are louder then Winnipeg 😉

Seriously tho. Who is everyone picking?
ANA VS Edm
StL VS Nash
Wash VS Pitts
OTT VS NYR

ANA, NSH, PIT, NYR
#Ride?

Old Rusty

Quote from: Jersey on April 24, 2017, 01:29:57 PM
Seriously tho.

ANA VS Edm

StL VS Nash

Wash VS Pitts

OTT VS NYR

To respond:

1. Would like to see Edmonton take the Ducks.  Anyone, really.  I just hate Cory and the Ducks. (Thinking Elton John)
The Ducks are super strong, brain says:  DUX

2. Predators should take this, even if Jake Allan is at .956 (how????).  Brain says:  PREDS

3.  Heart:  Washington.  PLEASE take down the Penguins.
Brain says:  PENGUINS

4.  The Sens are juiced and in a groove.  So are the Rangers.  Loving Zucharello, the dude is pure money. But the heart wants our former Moose coach to give 'er, go for a rip on the Sens.
But the heart also wants the Sens to become much more than expected by our beloved yet witless TSN.ca overlords.
Brain:  NEW YORK   
As you ramble on through life, Brother,
Whatever be your goal,
Keep your eye upon the doughnut,
And not upon the hole.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 24, 2017, 05:14:09 PM
He basically doesn't. His status is technically retired, so he'd have to return to the Devils in order to play in the NHL again. From there, the Devils would have to be willing to negotiate with another team to make a trade.

But what pay will he be entitled to?  A negotiated deal, no doubt, but NJ holds all the cards now, right?  They could, effectively, pay him league min, right?  What contract length to they retain his rights for?  Does anything from his former contract hold through his retirement?  Or is it all back on the table?  Can they sign him to a one year, league min deal and force that on him?  And then trade him to another team?  Or, by having to eat the cap hit from his contract for the last few years, do they have any term rights? 

Has anyone laid out the full scenario for his return?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on April 24, 2017, 07:19:10 PM
But what pay will he be entitled to?  A negotiated deal, no doubt, but NJ holds all the cards now, right?  They could, effectively, pay him league min, right?  What contract length to they retain his rights for?  Does anything from his former contract hold through his retirement?  Or is it all back on the table?  Can they sign him to a one year, league min deal and force that on him?  And then trade him to another team?  Or, by having to eat the cap hit from his contract for the last few years, do they have any term rights? 

Has anyone laid out the full scenario for his return?

Read the link I posted. McKenzie outlines a number of outcomes via Twitter and those are included in the link.

It seems to be a pretty complicated situation, which is summed up in the last paragraph of the article: "As long as Kovalchuk remains on the VRL, his rights cannot be traded. In order for a trade to occur, he'd have to be activated from the VRL by signing, so in order for a trade to be facilitated, Kovalchuk must ink a new deal with the Devils first."
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 24, 2017, 07:59:51 PM
Read the link I posted. McKenzie outlines a number of outcomes via Twitter and those are included in the link.

It seems to be a pretty complicated situation, which is summed up in the last paragraph of the article: "As long as Kovalchuk remains on the VRL, his rights cannot be traded. In order for a trade to occur, he'd have to be activated from the VRL by signing, so in order for a trade to be facilitated, Kovalchuk must ink a new deal with the Devils first."

I did read it.  Nowhere does it mention how much term a team has on a VRL player's rights, or if there is any required qualifying salary that must be offered.  I assume its like an RFA, where if the team does not tender the player a contract, he becomes a FA.  What is that minimum qualifying offer?  $ and term?  I can't see them wanting him back, I assume that he will be signed and traded, the key is how little they can sign him for, and how long, that would make him attractive in a trade.  Does he have any rights to ask for a no move / no trade? 

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on April 24, 2017, 09:26:47 PM
I did read it.  Nowhere does it mention how much term a team has on a VRL player's rights, or if there is any required qualifying salary that must be offered.  I assume its like an RFA, where if the team does not tender the player a contract, he becomes a FA.  What is that minimum qualifying offer?  $ and term?  I can't see them wanting him back, I assume that he will be signed and traded, the key is how little they can sign him for, and how long, that would make him attractive in a trade.  Does he have any rights to ask for a no move / no trade? 

McKenzie listed all the possible scenarios based on this particular set of circumstances, which differs from a player currently under contract in the NHL.

Kovalchuk's not a free agent in standard terms because he "retired" from the NHL while still under contract. While the contract was terminated, he remains property of the Devils, so they hold most - if not all - of the cards in terms of his NHL future.

And he wouldn't be subject to a minimum qualifying offer, anyway. Only RFAs are eligible for that.

The NHL minimum salary is a one-year contract @ $650K for the upcoming 2017-18 season (http://www.colliganhockey.com/nhl-cba-minimum-nhl-salary/). I imagine he and his agent would ask for considerably more and I can't see the Devils lowballing him.

It'll be something worth watching unfold in the off-season.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Old Rusty

Whatever be your goal,
And not upon the hole.

Old Rusty

Whatever be your goal,