NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jersey

You're not kidding. See to me he is what I call a true offensive D-man. He is the coffey of our generation. Guy free wheels can pass,  shoot, score and SKATE!!  I wish we can have a D like him someday,  half of what he can produce. 
🏈 #15 WBBombers #1  🏉 #12 GBPackers #87
🚨 #97 OrangeCrush #29  Let's Go Oilers 🥅
#27 Let's Go Angels ⚾ / ⚽ #7 Portugal 🇵🇹

Jersey

Oilers need a winger for Pouilot. If not this year for TDDay that'll hurt us, next year forsure I can see them looking. He's got tone of heat on him. That position has to be fixed. 

Davidson is good stop gap for injury but overall not good enough.. Nurse should be back Marchish but he's young,  he'll be exposed playoffs. Will just have to let him grow. He's taken big step this year from last but injury for months could hamper ho's game :( hope not. 

And back up goalie. Yikes. We are the weakest In this area for any playoff team. 

Rumor was keep a eye on sharp to Oilers. i wish cuz od write off pouilot then haha

blue_gold_84

Islanders re-sign G Greiss to three-year, $10M extension:

http://www.tsn.ca/isles-sign-greiss-to-three-year-extension-1.661167

And the Rangers have reportedly given HC Vigneault an extension:

http://www.tsn.ca/report-rangers-sign-vigneault-to-two-year-extension-1.661244

A number of players recently have spoken out regarding the 2018 Olympics and believe they should be able to participate. I really hope we get to see Canada's best represent the nation next year.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jersey

14 games tonight.  Very busy day.  Finally fun to watch games and  scoreboard watch!!!  Should be some great game today. 

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: Jersey on January 30, 2017, 02:44:26 PM
Oilers need a winger for Pouilot. If not this year for TDDay that'll hurt us, next year forsure I can see them looking. He's got tone of heat on him. That position has to be fixed. 

Davidson is good stop gap for injury but overall not good enough.. Nurse should be back Marchish but he's young,  he'll be exposed playoffs. Will just have to let him grow. He's taken big step this year from last but injury for months could hamper ho's game :( hope not. 

And back up goalie. Yikes. We are the weakest In this area for any playoff team. 

Rumor was keep a eye on sharp to Oilers. i wish cuz od write off pouilot then haha

The Oilers are simply lucky you have a guy in McDavid that looks like he can carry a team on his back. All the other #1s they had couldnt.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

Jersey

:D

we dont need the other #1's its why we traded them for a DEFENSE! reason Oilers are 7th in nhl for GAA. well and having Talby!! But Yes, McJesus is amazing.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: Jersey on February 01, 2017, 12:55:31 AM
:D

we dont need the other #1's its why we traded them for a DEFENSE! reason Oilers are 7th in nhl for GAA. well and having Talby!! But Yes, McJesus is amazing.

Wait.....  What?

Of course you needed them.

Sry but i really dont think you have any idea from what you post dude

How could you trade them if you didnt have them?
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on February 01, 2017, 12:44:53 AM

The Oilers are simply lucky you have a guy in McDavid that looks like he can carry a team on his back. All the other #1s they had couldnt.
hes right on that one!!!

Pure luck and suck!! Or the other way round! Lol
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on February 01, 2017, 01:28:38 AM
Wait.....  What?

Absolutely. It was just piss-poor drafting by the Old Boys Club there.

2011: Larsson, Hamilton, Brodin, and Murphy were available. Instead, they took Nugent-Hopkins. (traded away their 2010 first overall pick in Hall for Larsson, though)
2012: Murray, Reinhart, Rielly, Lindholm, Dumba, and Trouba were all available. Instead, they draft Yakupov

Fortunately, Chiarelli has been able to make some moves and strengthen the back end. That's why the Oilers are an improved team this season. Having the offensive firepower up front means little when you can't get sound defensive zone play.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 01, 2017, 01:51:22 PM
And the Blues fire Hitchcock:

http://www.tsn.ca/blues-fire-head-coach-hitchcock-yeo-takes-over-1.662228

Yeo takes over in the interim.

"Interim"?  I thought Yeo was supposed to be the next coach because Hitch was retiring.  Hanging an "interim" tag on him is kinda silly, really.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Colton

Quote from: theaardvark on February 03, 2017, 03:13:42 PM
"Interim"?  I thought Yeo was supposed to be the next coach because Hitch was retiring.  Hanging an "interim" tag on him is kinda silly, really.

It may have something to do with the way his contract was structured when first joining the Blues.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on February 03, 2017, 03:13:42 PM

It's been reported since last June Yeo would've taken over as HC in 2017-18. As of now, he's the interim HC for the balance of the current season and my guess is he'll be offered a contract extension in the near future or the off-season depending on how things go from this point on for the Blues.

Not sure what compelled you to point out something so inconsequential. Two days later. ???

Anyway, Predators place F Ribeiro on waivers:

http://www.tsn.ca/ribeiro-requests-trade-after-being-waived-1.663950
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jersey

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on February 01, 2017, 01:28:38 AM

Wait.....  What?

Sry but i really dont think you have any idea from what you post dude

How could you trade them if you didnt have them?
Right. You don't need to be #1 to trade. The Oilers traded yakupov for nothing! So, what about trading all these #1 for something 😂?  You act as if we got these players from big trades. Larrson is only player we got in trade for #1. We traded nothing to land Maroon.  We traded hardly anything to get Talbot!

We drafted, Draisaitl, Eberle, Pitlick,  Slepyshev etc nicely slotting in. McD and Nuge are #1
Now here is some education. Oil drafted,  Nurse  D.  Klefbom,  D. Signed Benning college  D.  Osterle,  D. Davidson, D.  Sure don't look to be #1 or all forwards. Eh.  So mud what about forwards and #1 again?  U need a map becuz u my friend are lost. 

Oilers took longer to develop back there becuz the D was so young and it takes longer to develop. Aswell, no goalie besides last 2 year's...oh and the old boys club thought they knew how to GM and coach.  Yikes. Was long journey but how could it not be worth it with beaut arena along with biggest sports district in north America coming in 2019 and McDavid, Talbot waiting in wings. To be competitive again with specs all around is sure to be happy about. 

So we're lucky we got McDavid... And??  So was Detroit getting Yzerman,  Lidstrom,  Fedorov. So was Pittsburgh getting Lemieux,  Jager or nowadays Crosby,  Malkin,  Letang  Fleury. Chicago, Towes,  Kane etc...  Every team flonders at some point and just sometimes gets generational players. Then they add pieces and draft.

Ur point is moot when team has gotten better in points last 3 years. Literally moot. Flip it your way,  tell me jets last 3 years, you'll see what I'm talking about. 

Oilers are about making steps and this year is all about getting to post season and letting young kids see what it takes. Becuz personally just to be in the race is exciting and fun again to be in Oilers Country. It was long road but then again...  Mud you team's also know how it feels don't ya?

#DontThrowStones