NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Some big trades today. The Jones/Johansen swap should help both teams, I'm not sure what to make of the Kings acquiring Lecavalier and L. Schenn but considering the Flyers retained portions of both contracts, I'm guessing it's for veteran depth.

Also interesting to see Mike Richards sign with the Capitals. And for a friendly amount.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

Read that Tampa's little rebel, J. Drouin, has been suspended indefinitely, without pay, for failing to report to play in tonight's Syracuse game.
His agent said that he & Jonathon, based on their agreement with Tampa on his conditioning stint, in preparation for his being traded ......... asked Tampa to now allow him to sit out further games, in order to keep him healthy. Tampa refused the request, so after playing one more game, Drouin now said I won't show up, trade me.
Crazy, privileged in hi own mind, man child, may now, IMO, slow down the process. Also, Yzerman may have to accept less for this talented head case
Look forward to hearing more
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

New_Earth_Mud

Yzerman has lost any advantage in this.

Any goal of moving this player for something has failed on him. He now gets nothing. He will now have to take less just to keep face.

Islanders may finfd them self in this same position.

Id trade them Postma and Chiarot for Ham.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

True Blue

I don't see the Islanders trading any of their defensemen considering the injuries they have.
"Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful." - Samuel Johnson

Colton

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on January 21, 2016, 01:35:57 AM
Yzerman has lost any advantage in this.

Any goal of moving this player for something has failed on him. He now gets nothing. He will now have to take less just to keep face.

Islanders may finfd them self in this same position.

Id trade them Postma and Chiarot for Ham.

Yzerman didn't have any advantage in the St. Louis trade and still fleeced NY in that deal. He's done nothing wrong in this situation either. He has no obligation to trade Drouin whatsoever.

Maybe he'll ship him over to Colorado so MacKinnon can fool everyone into thinking he is a competent hockey player for a second time.

Jockitch

Quote from: True Blue on January 21, 2016, 02:12:11 AM
I don't see the Islanders trading any of their defensemen considering the injuries they have.
Yes, Hamonic is day to day with back issues. Think he has missed about 4 games now & Boychuk much longer.
Postma & Chiarot may not be dangled by Chevy but maybe they would bite on a Postma, Peluso & Petan offering.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Colton on January 21, 2016, 03:13:51 AM
Yzerman didn't have any advantage in the St. Louis trade and still fleeced NY in that deal. He's done nothing wrong in this situation either. He has no obligation to trade Drouin whatsoever.

Maybe he'll ship him over to Colorado so MacKinnon can fool everyone into thinking he is a competent hockey player for a second time.
no kidding McKinnon, all the hype, and for what? An average point getter in the league. Kinda sucks!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

Does Drouin have the same agent as Lindross?  ;D ::)
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

This. Yzerman and the Lightning aren't at fault for any of this, IMO.

Drouin seems to have somewhat of a prima donna attitude and his jerk store of an agent is only throwing fuel on the fire with this public statements calling out the Lightning. This is a lose-lose for Drouin.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on January 21, 2016, 06:11:16 PM
This. Yzerman and the Lightning aren't at fault for any of this, IMO.

Drouin seems to have somewhat of a prima donna attitude and his jerk store of an agent is only throwing fuel on the fire with this public statements calling out the Lightning. This is a lose-lose for Drouin.
i can't see him being a Bonifide NHLer now!

But he has a case when a guy like Stamkos won't resign.... Yet. Something weird is happening with Stevie Y and the bolts???

New_Earth_Mud

Somewhat agree.

Its become a cluster ...  now.

I still think if Yzerman pulled the trigger and got it done at first hed have got more then he will now.

Drouin has sabotaged any deal in all ways. He looks bad now and team may not want him.

Hes still a young good player. His potential is big.

Colton

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on January 22, 2016, 01:06:56 AM
Somewhat agree.

Its become a cluster ...  now.

I still think if Yzerman pulled the trigger and got it done at first hed have got more then he will now.

Drouin has sabotaged any deal in all ways. He looks bad now and team may not want him.

Hes still a young good player. His potential is big.

It's been a cluster for about a year now, it's just far more public than it had been in the past. Many people have been privy to Drouin's terrible attitude since his time in Halifax, for sure all 30 GM's have known about it too.

If anything this whole thing helps Yzerman. The more Drouin plays at a professional level the more his stock is going to drop. He is absurdly overvalued right now. His potential was big about 3 years ago, I think most have discovered that all it was, was potential. Most teams gunning for him appear to be doing so with an attitude that they can fix him more so than they are getting anything of quality right now.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: Colton on January 22, 2016, 02:09:55 AM
It's been a cluster for about a year now, it's just far more public than it had been in the past. Many people have been privy to Drouin's terrible attitude since his time in Halifax, for sure all 30 GM's have known about it too.

If anything this whole thing helps Yzerman. The more Drouin plays at a professional level the more his stock is going to drop. He is absurdly overvalued right now. His potential was big about 3 years ago, I think most have discovered that all it was, was potential. Most teams gunning for him appear to be doing so with an attitude that they can fix him more so than they are getting anything of quality right now.

His worth to Yzerman was better before then it is now.

Its what i said to begin with.

GOLDMEMBER

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on January 21, 2016, 09:55:30 PM
i can't see him being a Bonifide NHLer now!

But he has a case when a guy like Stamkos won't resign.... Yet. Something weird is happening with Stevie Y and the bolts???

Not necessarily. Stamkos is a franchise player who wants a big payday. Yzerman can't just give him whatever he wants and risk handcuffing the organization, especially with other key players needing contracts in the near future. It's no different than Cheveldayoff's negotiations with Ladd and Byfuglien.

Drouin got a taste of the pros and now seems to think he is entitled to play at that level regardless of how he performs. That's a bad attitude for a professional athlete to have.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.