The GAMING Thread

Started by blue_gold_84, August 16, 2012, 12:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chester00

wow just watched some gameplay of The last of us on youtube.. definitely will be getting it after i finish ascension. wow.

Duckman118

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on June 13, 2013, 03:54:52 PM
The effort by Microsoft is a good one. The system should be more than just games... at least from my perspective. I have a high-end PC for gaming only and I probably wouldn't want to go over to console for "just a gaming experience". A system that improves TV and let's me keep up with my sports and fantasy teams on one UI is cool though, plus having the ability to couch game.. not bad - I'm interested.

I'll end up with both eventually.. but I agree with you... Sony brought it in E3. I've always liked Sony's systems better than Microsoft's.
SirB&G, you are one of the very few reasonable people on the internet right now. People need to realize that where they like it or not, what Microsoft is doing is the future. It's essentially steam on console. Who isn't always connected to the internet? I know I am, so are all of the people using the internet to complain about it. Plus for almost all of the exclusives Microsoft announced like Titanfall and Forza require constant use of the cloud. And the used game nonsense? Yeah you can trade in used games, as stated by microsoft. It's up to the publishers if they want to opt out of that feature, just like what Sony is doing.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/06/microsoft-details-xbox-one-used-games-always-online
"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
absence leaks from inside,
and brings you back to life again,
I fear an emptiness,
so I just seek the truth,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July

Duckman118

Not to mention, Microsoft had a much more impressive launch lineup than Sony. Exclusives like Titanfall, Dead Rising 3, Quantum Break, Ryze, Project SPark, Sunset Overdrive, Forza, Killer Instinct, D4, Dragon Panzoon(I forgot the full name), Minecraft etc. Vs Sony's Infamous Second Son, Killzone Shadows Fall, Warframe, Planetside 2, Blacklight Retribution etc.

"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
I fear an emptiness,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July

Ziggy66

Quote from: Duckman118 on June 15, 2013, 05:51:36 AM
SirB&G, you are one of the very few reasonable people on the internet right now. People need to realize that where they like it or not, what Microsoft is doing is the future. It's essentially steam on console. Who isn't always connected to the internet? I know I am, so are all of the people using the internet to complain about it. Plus for almost all of the exclusives Microsoft announced like Titanfall and Forza require constant use of the cloud. And the used game nonsense? Yeah you can trade in used games, as stated by microsoft. It's up to the publishers if they want to opt out of that feature, just like what Sony is doing.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/06/microsoft-details-xbox-one-used-games-always-online

I have been a huge MS supporter and a staunch pro xbox 360 gamer for the longest time. I do not see where MS is headed as going towards the future. If anything in regards to the DRM and always online aspect they are going in a backwards direction and even losing market share in countries which will not be supported by their new consule. Plus making the Kinect manditory with no option to purchase the xbone  without it was very foolish IMO. If they had an consule option that did not come with the Kinect I may of considered to stay with MS.They have lost this customer with their latest offering. It pains me to say I will be stepping over that line to PS after really really really enjoying my 360 and xbox live.

Yes I will miss out on a few exclusives but the only one that held intrest for me was Ryse. On to bigger and better things I guess. Hopefully MS realizes their mistake once they see their first quarter sales vs Sony.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Chester00 on June 14, 2013, 06:07:57 AM
wow just watched some gameplay of The last of us on youtube.. definitely will be getting it after i finish ascension. wow.

Unreal game. Simply unreal. And highly addictive. All the positive reviews are definitely justified. I recommend this game to any one with a PS3.

As for the whole next gen console battle, I think the world has spoken. Time will tell how it all plays out but I think Sony did all the right things where MS did not. Just my opinion, though.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jets

anyone here play civ V? I hadn't previously, but the other day I saw it on steam with all the expansions for 49 bucks.  Couldn't pass up the chance to try it out, so far it's very good.  Will likely tide me over until NHL 14/GTA this fall.

Duckman118

To all of you people that are unclear on the Xbox One's policies. Please read.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license

And hear is how the cloud works on the Xbox One

http://tech2.in.com/news/console/xbox-one-will-be-four-times-more-powerful-because-of-the-cloud/874558

Don't always believe what the fanboys say on the internet.
"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
I fear an emptiness,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July

Duckman118

"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
I fear an emptiness,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Jets on June 17, 2013, 08:31:54 PM
anyone here play civ V? I hadn't previously, but the other day I saw it on steam with all the expansions for 49 bucks.  Couldn't pass up the chance to try it out, so far it's very good.  Will likely tide me over until NHL 14/GTA this fall.

Civ 5 is amazing. I play it all the time. It's a game you can keep going back to again and again. I especially like the Steam Workshop mods where you can play the entire world with true starting points. It's beyond awesome.

I have well over 100 hours which is a lot but it's been out a long time too - and the expansion this fall should add the the middle + end game which is needed. It's a solid game!

Sir Blue and Gold

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on June 19, 2013, 09:33:27 PM
Haha good for them for listening.

Indeed. Smart move, MS. Well done.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Thom77

NOt two weeks ago I DL'd Half-Life 2 from Steam - all the espisodes etc., for $6.49.

On the Mac too - and while I waited for it to load, I recalled all the hours spent on HL and HL2...the mood, story line and the sheer terror that it provided. I wondered...will it be the same?

Um, yeah. Hell yeah! Just made it through the Sandlots (with all the chomping, flying antlions) and I'm in LOVE with gaming once again. I know - PS and the X offer a ton...but for me, it's back to PC games of long ago...and a few hundred hours ahead to "waste" on this title. Shotgun, locked and loaded.

I have never played Civ anything but it seems I am missing something.

To Steam...
Cheers,
Thom.

Go Bombers - Go Packers - Go Jets

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Thom77 on August 01, 2013, 11:42:00 PM
NOt two weeks ago I DL'd Half-Life 2 from Steam - all the espisodes etc., for $6.49.

On the Mac too - and while I waited for it to load, I recalled all the hours spent on HL and HL2...the mood, story line and the sheer terror that it provided. I wondered...will it be the same?

Um, yeah. Hell yeah! Just made it through the Sandlots (with all the chomping, flying antlions) and I'm in LOVE with gaming once again. I know - PS and the X offer a ton...but for me, it's back to PC games of long ago...and a few hundred hours ahead to "waste" on this title. Shotgun, locked and loaded.

I have never played Civ anything but it seems I am missing something.

To Steam...

I love steam!

Duckman118

Anyone here play Payday 2 on steam? I recently downloaded it and it is a blast when playing coop with some buds. Although the game has a real optimization issue. It runs terribly on AMD cards, and there is very little graphical options while the options that are there do very little.
"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
I fear an emptiness,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July

SynysterGates

Quote from: Duckman118 on August 26, 2013, 10:02:16 PM
Anyone here play Payday 2 on steam? I recently downloaded it and it is a blast when playing coop with some buds. Although the game has a real optimization issue. It runs terribly on AMD cards, and there is very little graphical options while the options that are there do very little.

have it and love it...I have an AMD card and have yet to have any issues with it at all
PSN=BleedBlueAndGold