The GAMING Thread

Started by blue_gold_84, August 16, 2012, 12:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Resident Evil (AKA Biohazard) is the game when it comes to the survival horror genre. The main titles have all been great, IMO. The first three in particular have a special place in my gamer's heart.

Did you get your pre-order out for this game yet? :D

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Duckman118

So..... Resident Evil 6 bombed in ratings... Gamespot gave it a 4.5 and IGN gave it a 7.9...
It's averaging a 68 on metacritic... Guess it was somewhat expected.
"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
absence leaks from inside,
and brings you back to life again,
I fear an emptiness,
so I just seek the truth,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July

SynysterGates

I'll admit the reviews scared me off of buying RE6 right away...might wait until I hear news about upcoming patches to fix some of the most obvious issues
PSN=BleedBlueAndGold

Duckman118

Quote from: SynysterGates on October 02, 2012, 10:25:40 PM
I'll admit the reviews scared me off of buying RE6 right away...might wait until I hear news about upcoming patches to fix some of the most obvious issues
Me too. But i was watching some coop walkthroughs and it actually looks pretty fun. Lots of set pieces and quick time events, but fun regardless. Reminds me a bit of Uncharted 3
"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
I fear an emptiness,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July

SynysterGates

Quote from: Duckman118 on October 02, 2012, 11:29:52 PM
Me too. But i was watching some coop walkthroughs and it actually looks pretty fun. Lots of set pieces and quick time events, but fun regardless. Reminds me a bit of Uncharted 3

Yup I played the demo co-op and loved it thats why i'm kind of on the fence about it...RE5 took a lot of flak for being different but at the same time I can't count how many times I played through it solo and co-op. I guess my biggest issue with it is they took away the gun upgrade system but the upside of that is its no longer a farming run to buy them all
PSN=BleedBlueAndGold

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Duckman118 on October 02, 2012, 11:29:52 PM

Very similar to Uncharted. Much more action-oriented than previous games but similar style to RE4 and RE5.

I played through about 3 hours of Leon's campaign earlier today. It's a serious, serious game. And loads of fun. Capcom seems to have done a great job.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Darkdialga

Anyone else played DEFCON? game is depressing and cold, but great.

Duckman118

MoH: Warfighter beta is a blast. It's not just another shooter by any means. Does enough to separate itself for sure.
"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
I fear an emptiness,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July

So_Bombed

I held off on RE6, the really poor reviews scared me off.  I'll give it a shot eventually though.

Duckman118

Halo 4 is getting plenty of 9's and 10's. Probably GOTY. So excited for this Wednesday!!! Gonna load up on some Mtn Dew and Doritos!
"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
I fear an emptiness,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July

blue_gold_84

Anyone try ACIII yet? I picked up my copy last night but will fire it up for the first time tonight. I'm stoked.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Duckman118

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 02, 2012, 12:28:56 AM
Anyone try ACIII yet? I picked up my copy last night but will fire it up for the first time tonight. I'm stoked.
Yes. Very fun game. But gotta beat it before i devote my life to Halo 4 with my buddies.
"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
I fear an emptiness,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Duckman118 on November 02, 2012, 12:51:04 AM
Yes. Very fun game. But gotta beat it before i devote my life to Halo 4 with my buddies.

Halo 4 looks like it's going to be amazing.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Duckman118

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 02, 2012, 01:24:21 AM
Halo 4 looks like it's going to be amazing.
aye it does. Haven't played much xbox lately and Halo is going to be changing that.
"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
I fear an emptiness,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July

barnes

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on ACIII, Forza Horizon and maybe dishonored.  There doesn't seem to be as many deep content games as there was 10 years ago, it's all just graphics now. 
Boo I'd rather have PS graphics and a deep game then 360 graphics and a bad story/gameplay.
Beasts of the east are back.
CFL, 2008: "Our Balls are Bigger"
EA SPORTS IT'S IN THE GAME!