The GAMING Thread

Started by blue_gold_84, August 16, 2012, 12:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So_Bombed

Quote from: XxBMW85xX on August 16, 2012, 06:56:17 AM
Nice, I was thinking about Metro 2033 but I had already bought too many other games :P I ended up picking up quite a few cheap indie games, some old console favorites (Bioshock pack, Red Faction pack, GTA Pack, Borderlands, Just Cause 2), and some games I had always wanted to play but never got around to (New Vegas, Bulletstorm, Hitman: BM, Mafia 2, Fable/Fable III, Dead Space 1 & 2)

New Vegas is pretty good for awhile but I got bored halfway through.....

The Zipp

first and last visit to this thread....too hardcore for me...

I like the bowling game on Wii...Animal Crossing anyone??

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: XxBMW85xX on August 16, 2012, 05:57:58 AM
Nice. Looking at the PSN in your signature, I think I have you as a friend but I could have sworn you were someone I added after a random encounter in a game I forget :D

On a gaming related note, I've been working throughout the summer before I go back to school and I haven't really spent anything since I started. I'm looking at Newegg and seriously considering a GTX 670 or a HD 7970 :P

I have a 6970. It's pretty awesome. I was thinking about upgrading but will probably hold off until the new year. You should defiantly get the 7970!  It's an awesome card!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: SynysterGates on August 16, 2012, 05:25:05 AM
lol yup i've got GW2 preordered ready and waiting for August 25th...speaking of kinda nerdy I even have an NPC named after one of my characters in GW1

Nice! I didn't play Guild Wars 1 much.

I have played in BW1 and BW2 though and I love Guild Wars 2.

Do you have a group of players you are going to play with and a server and everything? I'm solo right now!

SynysterGates

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 16, 2012, 02:32:15 PM
Nice! I didn't play Guild Wars 1 much.

I have played in BW1 and BW2 though and I love Guild Wars 2.

Do you have a group of players you are going to play with and a server and everything? I'm solo right now!

yup you bet...we probably won't have anything set in stone until the 24th/25th we're all still voting on what server to be on but once we know i'll be sure to fill you in
PSN=BleedBlueAndGold

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: SynysterGates on August 16, 2012, 03:01:13 PM
yup you bet...we probably won't have anything set in stone until the 24th/25th we're all still voting on what server to be on but once we know i'll be sure to fill you in

Sweet I may just join something randomly but if you let me know I'll join up on the server you guys pick. better than not knowing anyone :P

What kind of character are you going with?

SynysterGates

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 16, 2012, 07:13:11 PM

Sweet I may just join something randomly but if you let me know I'll join up on the server you guys pick. better than not knowing anyone :P

What kind of character are you going with?

Human Mesmer to start since thats the one with the GW1 NPC gotta keep the name going since GW1 people get to reserve their names...after that i'm not too sure though i didn't play many other classes in the BWEs but engineer looked pretty fun
PSN=BleedBlueAndGold

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: SynysterGates on August 16, 2012, 08:07:35 PM
Human Mesmer to start since thats the one with the GW1 NPC gotta keep the name going since GW1 people get to reserve their names...after that i'm not too sure though i didn't play many other classes in the BWEs but engineer looked pretty fun

I played some of Thief, Elementalist, and Hunter.

Think I like Elementalist the best. Might go with a Sylvari. I like forests and stuff haha.

SynysterGates

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 16, 2012, 08:31:19 PM
I played some of Thief, Elementalist, and Hunter.

Think I like Elementalist the best. Might go with a Sylvari. I like forests and stuff haha.

lol yup they were quite interesting...as much as I liked the original design of the sylvari better they did get a really nice starting area. My overall plan is to have a character from each race (professions still undecided) then at least that way i'll get all 5 sides of the personal stories
PSN=BleedBlueAndGold

blue_gold_84

Resident Evil 6 is gonna be coco bananas. I cannot wait. I'm also looking forward to Assassin's Creed III.

In the meantime, I'll be happy with Sleeping Dogs. I wasn't sure what to expect but it's the game of the summer, IMO.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Duckman118

Yesss the best thread EVER.
Halo 4, MoH Warfighter and Borderlands 2 are going to be my shooters of the year.
I'll be playing The Old Republic when it goes free to play this fall and the new Day Z game that is going to be a stand alone game.
I still have to update my graphics card for my PC. My current one is fine for games like Team Fortress 2 and WoW but I wanna start playing Battlefield 3 on it.
Someone add me on Steam: Duckman118
OR Xbox LIVE: Duckman119
"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
absence leaks from inside,
and brings you back to life again,
I fear an emptiness,
so I just seek the truth,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July

Duckman118

Not a fan of GTA like games. Saints Row The Third was fun but only for short periods.
"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
absence leaks from inside,
and brings you back to life again,
I fear an emptiness,
so I just seek the truth,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July

'/>July26<\'

what about ....."west of a house"
"Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines."  Satchel Paige

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Duckman118 on August 17, 2012, 04:48:53 AM
Not a fan of GTA like games. Saints Row The Third was fun but only for short periods.

Yeah, I wasn't all that impressed with Saints Row. As for GTA, the older games on PS2/Xbox (III, Vice City and San Andreas) are so much better than GTA IV.

Sleeping Dogs, on the other hand, is really only similar to GTA in terms of the environment in which the game is set. Sprawling city, people everywhere, lots of vehicles, wide open exploration, etc. The battle system is light years ahead with the upgrade/level up system (very similar to the Yakuza series), a complex fighting system (martial arts with combos, takedowns, defensive moves, weapon disarms, etc.), and a very engrossing storyline (at least IMO) with solid characters and a plot on par with a good movie. But it's non-linear, so you can step away from the story to explore (tons of hidden items to find), do side quests, learn new skills, even do street racing.

The stuff Square Enix has been making the last decade or so hasn't been all that great and I used to be a huge fan of Square/Squaresoft back in the day. Coupled with United Front (a Canadian developer), they've managed to put out a pretty solid game.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Duckman118 on August 17, 2012, 04:47:35 AM
Yesss the best thread EVER.
Halo 4, MoH Warfighter and Borderlands 2 are going to be my shooters of the year.
I'll be playing The Old Republic when it goes free to play this fall and the new Day Z game that is going to be a stand alone game.
I still have to update my graphics card for my PC. My current one is fine for games like Team Fortress 2 and WoW but I wanna start playing Battlefield 3 on it.
Someone add me on Steam: Duckman118
OR Xbox LIVE: Duckman119

BF3 is amaaaazing.