Started by blue_gold_84, August 16, 2012, 12:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Anybody else playing Fallout 4? What an awesome game! ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Colton

Price for the Rift is pretty steep. I was planning on getting a Vive, but if it's as much as a price increase over the Rift as I think it will be I may be forced to go with the Rift.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Colton on January 06, 2016, 03:43:18 PM
Price for the Rift is pretty steep. I was planning on getting a Vive, but if it's as much as a price increase over the Rift as I think it will be I may be forced to go with the Rift.

Rift looks okay but they seem to be rushing things out a little bit. I don't like that's it's mostly a sitting device. The cost estimate was way off and that kind of makes me question their direction a little bit as well. The Steam VR will be more expensive but it will hopefully come with the motion controllers (not the xbox controllers that rift ships with) and it's designed so that you walk around a room. If Steam is behind it, I'm probably in.

As it stands, it's probably wise to wait a year or so and see where it all goes.

blue_gold_84

Anyone else pick up The Division? Really fun game.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 16, 2016, 01:23:30 PM
Anyone else pick up The Division? Really fun game.

Excellent game overall. Solid storyline, great combat and exploration system (the cover system in particular is excellent, IMO), varied array of weapons/armor, extensive but user-friendly levelling up/skills system, and a seriously massive open world map with a ton of areas to explore (NYC's Manhattan Island N-S from E 14th St. to 56th St. and E-W from the Hudson River to the East River). The visuals and sounds are very realistic, too. A few glitches here and there but nothing that takes away from otherwise amazing game.

The 1.1 Incursions update was released Tuesday and adds features like daily and weekly missions and achievements (similar to Destiny) and additional missions. I haven't played since Tuesday with the NHL playoffs now in full swing but what I did play of the update only added to the quality of the game.

IMO, this is Ubisoft's best game since Watch Dogs. I haven't played Rainbow Six: Siege, though.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

Anyone see the Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer earlier today? Not much of a reveal but it got me pretty excited for more peeks in the coming months! ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

Haven't played much this winter but I did pick up Rise of The Tomb Raider and Battlefield 1 online on Boxing Day. Both really good games, particularly RoTTR.

Downloaded Firewatch a while back and finally played it this past weekend. What a fascinating and fun game. A little too short but I loved it.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Colton

Haven't really played anything new lately. Have just stuck with Rocket League primarily with a little Siege, Golf With Your Friends, and Overwatch in between.

Think I'll probably get a Vive if I can find an apartment with a good space to set it up. Really nervous at this point about waiting for a version 2 though. Don't want to miss out on a potential wireless model or improved wands or anything like that.

blue_gold_84

Horizon Zero Dawn comes out next Tuesday and the early reviews appear to be very positive and it sounds like a hell of a game. Here's one for anyone who's interested:

http://nerdist.com/horizon-zero-dawn-is-the-machine-hunting-action-rpg-of-your-dreams-review/

Glad I pre-ordered a copy. ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Colton

I haven't played a console game in quite some time but I am interested in Horizon. Might check it out a little down the road. Also super hyped for Breath of the Wild. Think I'll just play it on the Wii U rather than the Switch though... feel like it would be smarter to just buy a Switch a few years from now when its price is dropped and the only 3-4 games worth playing they've  managed to put out in that time span are all available already

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Colton on February 22, 2017, 03:12:51 PM
I haven't played a console game in quite some time but I am interested in Horizon. Might check it out a little down the road. Also super hyped for Breath of the Wild. Think I'll just play it on the Wii U rather than the Switch though... feel like it would be smarter to just buy a Switch a few years from now when its price is dropped and the only 3-4 games worth playing they've  managed to put out in that time span are all available already

HZD has been on my radar for quite some time (E3 2015, IIRC). Needless to say, I'm looking forward to it very much, especially after so many positive reviews.

Breath of the Wild looks fantastic. If you pick it up, please post in here about what you think of it. I can't justify buying another console right now. :D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

Well, Horizon Zero Dawn is amazing. Put in about 12 hours this weekend... It was hard to put down. :D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

BomberPride

Heard there's a lot of bugs regarding NHL 17 (Xbox 1), is NHL 16 the better of the two?

What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?

The Zipp

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 22, 2017, 03:15:33 PM
HZD has been on my radar for quite some time (E3 2015, IIRC). Needless to say, I'm looking forward to it very much, especially after so many positive reviews.

Breath of the Wild looks fantastic. If you pick it up, please post in here about what you think of it. I can't justify buying another console right now. :D

I don't play video games at all - but I have a teenaager who does and he got this new Zelda game for WiiU and it is easily one of the best looking and engaging games I have watched him play.  It was actually fun to watch him play and the map size and ability to just do stuff was amazing - made me wish I could actually play the thing (just lack the coordination to press the different buttons on the controller).

blue_gold_84

Anyone pick up ME Andromeda? I haven't really heard much good about it and the reviews make it sound pretty underwhelming with some technical flaws and a mediocre story.

I am absolutely hooked on Horizon Zero Dawn. One of the most addicting games I've played in quite some time. Highly recommended if you're a fan of the open-world/adventure genre.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.