Blue Bombers Transactions - May 22, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, May 22, 2024, 03:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: pdirks67 on May 22, 2024, 06:24:41 PMIt gets worse. Darrin Bauming says:
"Mike O'Shea says Cam Lawson may return later this season. He's likely to miss more than six games."

Holy smokes!  That's basically disaster.  He was the next man up for a) Fatboi rotation, and b) maybe 2nd DT starting spot.  Out of all the players that could get dinged up, he's one of the worst to lose.

MOS verbiage hints that it's something bad-ish (knee) but not season-ending (achilles), but who knows.

Might we have enough SMS now to look at legit established IMP DTs?  I hope we didn't give Cam a signing bonus...

Knocking wood that this is our last "big news" injury loss for the pre/early-season.
Never go full Rider!

GCn19

Quote from: TecnoGenius on May 23, 2024, 06:44:28 AMHoly smokes!  That's basically disaster.  He was the next man up for a) Fatboi rotation, and b) maybe 2nd DT starting spot.  Out of all the players that could get dinged up, he's one of the worst to lose.

MOS verbiage hints that it's something bad-ish (knee) but not season-ending (achilles), but who knows.

Might we have enough SMS now to look at legit established IMP DTs?  I hope we didn't give Cam a signing bonus...

Knocking wood that this is our last "big news" injury loss for the pre/early-season.

I would think with Lawson going down that Walters is going to have to bring in another NAT DT.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.

Jesse

Quote from: GCn19 on May 23, 2024, 01:12:45 PMI would think with Lawson going down that Walters is going to have to bring in another NAT DT.

Do they stock those at Walmart?
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on May 23, 2024, 01:14:23 PMDo they stock those at Walmart?

Canadian Tire should have a few in stock.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: ModAdmin on May 23, 2024, 05:44:03 AMWent home to deal with a personal matter.  No update yet on his return.

Rumour has it he's squeezing in one more PGA event over the weekend before the season begins.  ::)

LXTSN

Losing Lawson will give us a good look at Schmekel or potentially Kornelson. Unfortunate that it's for the whole season. If neither of them are contributing, we may need to look at starting 2 Americans at DT and that would be less than ideal. I think we have the flexibility in the roster that we could make this work though...

kkc60

Quote from: LXTSN on May 23, 2024, 02:52:47 PMLosing Lawson will give us a good look at Schmekel or potentially Kornelson. Unfortunate that it's for the whole season. If neither of them are contributing, we may need to look at starting 2 Americans at DT and that would be less than ideal. I think we have the flexibility in the roster that we could make this work though...

Only issue with that is the fact we don't even know for sure we have one quality American DT. Fox looks promising though.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: LXTSN on May 23, 2024, 02:52:47 PMLosing Lawson will give us a good look at Schmekel or potentially Kornelson. Unfortunate that it's for the whole season. If neither of them are contributing, we may need to look at starting 2 Americans at DT and that would be less than ideal. I think we have the flexibility in the roster that we could make this work though...

I don't think they need to bring another Natl DT in, they have plenty of ratio flexibility on defence with Kramdi, Ford, Thomas and Schmeckle all ready to play.  With 6 Natls. starting on offence they really only need to fill in one on defence, even though O'Shea may choose to play 2 or 3.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: kkc60 on May 23, 2024, 03:02:17 PMOnly issue with that is the fact we don't even know for sure we have one quality American DT. Fox looks promising though.

This.  I didn't notice Fox at all in the PS1 game, though that might not mean anything.

None of the newly-scouted IMP DT's showed any promise yet??  Holy smokes.  Why is this such a hard spot for us to fill?  Most teams have no trouble finding decent IMP DTs.  I mean, really, it's not a "skill" position.  Isn't a lot of it just being pretty heavy, but not too heavy, and yet still having good cardio/endurance?  Ya, I'm simplifying a bit.  But shouldn't it be easier to find good DTs than good SAMs or DBs??

Why did we bring up 39 WRs to test when what we really needed was 39 DTs!!
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 23, 2024, 01:41:11 PMCanadian Tire should have a few in stock.
Better quality at Woolco or Simpson Sears lol

Quote from: TecnoGenius on May 23, 2024, 10:55:16 PMThis.  I didn't notice Fox at all in the PS1 game, though that might not mean anything.

None of the newly-scouted IMP DT's showed any promise yet??  Holy smokes.  Why is this such a hard spot for us to fill?  Most teams have no trouble finding decent IMP DTs.  I mean, really, it's not a "skill" position.  Isn't a lot of it just being pretty heavy, but not too heavy, and yet still having good cardio/endurance?  Ya, I'm simplifying a bit.  But shouldn't it be easier to find good DTs than good SAMs or DBs??

If we get injured at WR we will be happy we have that list of 39 but I hear you

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on May 23, 2024, 10:55:16 PMThis.  I didn't notice Fox at all in the PS1 game, though that might not mean anything.

I saw plenty of pressure the middle in that game along with plenty of mauling, not worried about the DT situation even with Lawson out.  Miles Fox, Jabari Ellis, Jamal Woods, they all looked capable of becoming solid players.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on May 24, 2024, 02:33:05 AMI saw plenty of pressure the middle in that game along with plenty of mauling, not worried about the DT situation even with Lawson out.  Miles Fox, Jabari Ellis, Jamal Woods, they all looked capable of becoming solid players.

I'll take your word for it!  We need DT help, that's for sure.

Quote from: Blueforlife on May 23, 2024, 11:46:59 PMBetter quality at Woolco or Simpson Sears lol

Get one at Bi-Way, save on the SMS$.
Never go full Rider!